• Playwire Ad Area

Iowa vs Iowa State

CycloneFan97

People saying Carver-Hawkeye doesn’t provide a home field advantage and that there isn’t getting “carvered”. Are crazy.

Dresser continues building and you have to like what you’re seeing out of ISU. He’s the definition of a program builder/CEO type.

If they they coddle Lee too much he won’t win in March. Speaking of 125.. is Glory hurt? He didn’t weigh in and Princeton lost 1 dual for sure because they FF 125. 

6 hours ago, dragit said:

If you watched his press conference after, it showed his intelligence and command.  He didn't taunt or call anyone an orange.  Strictly professional, with matter-of-fact but insightful answers. 

yes, let’s commend the 50 year old man who has finally matured to the point that he doesn’t call other coaches pussies doing his press conferences. 

19 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm not involved in the argument at all, but it is some what unnerving to see a person whom is likely a grown man that you have never met repeatedly called "boy."  Makes me cringe.

Yeah, this kind of made me lose my shit but I don’t really care at this point. He’s a keyboard warrior.

• Fire 2

First. For ***duck duck goose** sakes, can we talk wrestling and keep all the "tough guy" shit for DM's? Geezzuus, I get on here and see, 8 pages talking about an awesome dual, and it is 3 pages of some knucklehead calling another guy "boy" and moms are getting brought into it.  Shit man, all you mofo's are bad asses, and obviously in the elite, because you love the best sport in the world! 

Now, to the dual.  Lee looked gassed, but nobody should be shocked by this. He just had two knees repaired, so I would imagine he has not been on the mat for too long. Lee is a stud, if you disagree now over that match, Okie dokie...I say, watch him win another natty this year.

ISU is coming.  Man they have some young guys that are studs and competed well. My son wrestled Gaitlan (sp?) and that kid is going to be a good one too. 

Woods vs CS- that was fire.  CS didn't back down, and Woods is tough.  I noticed some debate on who was the bigger douche canoe, man they both wrestled hard. CS had a slight push on the edge at the end and Real started talking some shit.  All in good competition if you ask me and I loved it. 

I think all fans that are part of programs like, Penn St. Iowa, Iowa St, ohio st are silly to say there is no home field advantage. The fans are nuts and it has to cause issues with mental toughness when you have a fan calling you a cocksucker....I turned on the Cambell vs Virigina match, I think there were 11 people in the stands...lol terrible.

GOSH DAMN I love wrestling season, and we are just getting started!!!! 

• Fire 5

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm not involved in the argument at all, but it is some what unnerving to see a person whom is likely a grown man that you have never met repeatedly called "boy."  Makes me cringe.

He is either a keyboard warrior or doesn’t surround himself with the type of people that would make clear calling a grown man “boy” is unacceptable 

1 hour ago, H82Lose said:

Woods vs CS- that was fire.  CS didn't back down, and Woods is tough.  I noticed some debate on who was the bigger douche canoe, man they both wrestled hard. CS had a slight push on the edge at the end and Real started talking some shit.  All in good competition if you ask me and I loved it. 

Disagree on this characterization.  Swiderski clubbed the shit out of Woods twice after the whistle. Now I don't mind stuff like that, but I've seen the reactions whenever an Iowa guy does similar stuff, so I just find it funny. I thought it was awesome, and Swiderski is TOUGH!

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Disagree on this characterization.  Swiderski clubbed the shit out of Woods twice after the whistle. Now I don't mind stuff like that, but I've seen the reactions whenever an Iowa guy does similar stuff, so I just find it funny. I thought it was awesome, and Swiderski is TOUGH!

You mean, like when so many fans clutched their pearls when Marinelli would release an opponent and then kick at their feet in an attempt to footsweep them?  Yet no one seemed to have a problem when Jason Nolf did the same thing.

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, Crotalus said:

I had to giggle at Woods not knowing where Iowa was written on the singlet during his parade around the mat.

In his defense it was the first time that he has worn one in competition, and for the entire second period it was lodged firmly into Swiderski's hips as he tried to become the first person to ever escape by holding his own hand.

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

As Leon Russell used to sing,  " if the shoe fits,  wear it."

Had she not shot her mouth off, none of this would have happened. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, H82Lose said:

First. For ***duck duck goose** sakes, can we talk wrestling and keep all the "tough guy" shit for DM's? Geezzuus, I get on here and see, 8 pages talking about an awesome dual, and it is 3 pages of some knucklehead calling another guy "boy" and moms are getting brought into it.  Shit man, all you mofo's are bad asses, and obviously in the elite, because you love the best sport in the world!

Firsttime Memes | Memes

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

As Leon Russell used to sing,  " if the shoe fits,  wear it."

Had she not shot her mouth off, none of this would have happened. 

Aren't you the guy who lost your mind off of an innocuous Irish person joke?  Seems weird to be throwing around casual misogyny.