• Playwire Ad Area

AJ Ferrari to 197

Jimmy Cinnabon

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 12:09 PM, jackwebster said:

Your reply was a little aggressive, so here's a snarkier go: the fact that this omnipotent, immortal God wants to be worshipped for a self-sacrifice through which he sacrifices nothing -- he comes out immortal, omnipotent, perfect on the other end -- is an affront to all the mortals who sacrifice themselves in service to and honor of their families, friends, nations, and traditions.

He didn't come out the same on the other end.  His entity was altered forever.  For the Creator to put Himself in that place of sacrifice and all it entailed is a sacrifice infinitely beyond any of us. 

8 hours ago, LIV4GOD said:

He didn't come out the same on the other end.  His entity was altered forever.  For the Creator to put Himself in that place of sacrifice and all it entailed is a sacrifice infinitely beyond any of us. 

How can a "perfect," I.e. "complete," thing get more perfect? What you are suggesting reminds me of Blake's gnosticism: the demiurge just keeps spitting out more gods, breaking itself over and over again. Perhaps this is why some folks see Christianity as polytheistic.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:20 AM, neutral said:

The Ferraris are destined for a tragedy.  Antics and attitudes like that are what get people locked up or worse.

If only he gets cursed with marrying a kardashian.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

34 minutes ago, LoSt said:

So, I haven't really been following all the drama - is AJ actually going to be wrestling for a school this year or not?

Most schools are a couple of weeks in by now.  I'd think it's probably too late to enroll in the spring semester if he hasn't already.  And I doubt any school would make an exception for him.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:43 AM, AgaveMaria said:

If only he gets cursed with marrying a kardashian.

I would marry a Kardashian.

Hell, my current wife would probably kill me if I didn't.

You know how loaded we would be?  My current wife wouldn't even care if she wasn't allowed on the show, she would just want to reap the benefits of being THAT loaded... which to be clear... they have billionaires in the family.  Plural.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 1/23/2024 at 11:44 PM, LIV4GOD said:

All this silliness that does so much harm to so many for a myth.

As for AJ - somehow he gets IQ mixed up with his weight: 197.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

On 1/24/2024 at 7:56 AM, jackwebster said:

Then by definition this God isn't omnipotent

Incorrect. It's not a matter of Him not having the power to do so.  It's His choice to not.  That's a silly as saying by definition God is not omnipotent because He can't be evil.   

On 1/24/2024 at 8:07 AM, jackwebster said:

How can a "perfect," I.e. "complete," thing get more perfect? 

It can already be perfect as in flawless, but then can be completed for another task.   This is exactly what God.  He became flesh, thus, became the necessary sacrifice for mankind.

Hebrews 5:9 - 9And having been made perfect (Gk. telios = complete), He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation, (NASB)

Sometimes, people unfortunately are unfortunately exposed to "straw men" concerning God.  

On 1/25/2024 at 3:38 PM, AgaveMaria said:

All this silliness that does so much harm to so many for a myth.

I would argue far more have been harmed by its absence or removal.  Exhibit A:  20th century communism's ravaging and butchering of hundreds of millions in the USSR and China alone. 

7 hours ago, LIV4GOD said:

That's a silly as saying by definition God is not omnipotent because He can't be evil.   

So this God is beholden to a set of ethical principles. I assume that the way to skirt the contradiction is to say that he created the ethics. If so, couldn't he through the same creative power make a new set? 

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, LIV4GOD said:

It can already be perfect as in flawless, but then can be completed for another task.   This is exactly what God.  He became flesh, thus, became the necessary sacrifice for mankind.

Hebrews 5:9 - 9And having been made perfect (Gk. telios = complete), He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation, (NASB)

Sometimes, people unfortunately are unfortunately exposed to "straw men" concerning God.  

Ernest Benion?

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 7:23 AM, jackwebster said:

So this God is beholden to a set of ethical principles. I assume that the way to skirt the contradiction is to say that he created the ethics. If so, couldn't he through the same creative power make a new set? 

When one already has every available fact and an infinite mind that is not stuck in linear time, there is no reason for a new set. 

2 minutes ago, LIV4GOD said:

When one already has every available fact and an infinite mind that is not stuck in linear time, there is no reason for a new set. 

The current set of ethics includes creating a world that has bone cancer in children.

• Fire 2

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:22 AM, Bigbrog said:

Here is a thought...who cares what other people believe in??

When they try to impose their religion on me... I do.

This is a serious, and growing problem in the US and abroad.

Numerous state laws, essentially banning abortion completely, have recently been promulgated in direct contradiction of popular opinion, and without input from physicians. Unsurprisingly, many of these states have also eliminated free school lunch programs for those in need, along with any other resources that might trickle down to children in poverty.

The underlying rationale for such jurisprudence - that life begins at conception, and must be protected (at least until birth)  - is wholly religious.

Alongside Alito's majority SCOTUS opinion (Dobbs v. Jackson WHO) that led to the above state laws, Clarence Thomas writes a concurrent opinion suggesting the court should go after contraception next.  As an aside, Alito and Thomas have recently been under fire for receiving well over 8 figures each in undisclosed gifts (bribes) from individuals with business before the court.

The current Speaker of the House, third in the Presidential succession line, is an Evangelical Christian and young earth creationist, and unabashedly agitates for a US theocracy.

Numerous Republican house members claim the US Constitution includes no Establishment clause, and also agitate for theocratic rule.

I don't care about AJ's supposed religious beliefs, but I'm going to mock and harangue right wing religious lunacy (and any accompanying hypocrisy), especially that which is espoused by those in power, however I can. 

• Fire 4

On 1/27/2024 at 12:34 AM, LIV4GOD said:

I would argue far more have been harmed by its absence or removal.  Exhibit A:  20th century communism's ravaging and butchering of hundreds of millions in the USSR and China alone. 

I think you're confusing causation with association.  There's a reason credible historians don't cite secularity as a cause of those deaths (and it's naught to do with left wing academia).