• Playwire Ad Area

AJ Ferrari to 197

Jimmy Cinnabon

8 hours ago, Caveira said:

What’s everyone making for Xmas?    I’m a big fan of creamed spinach and a good horseradish mashed potato.     That and some big cowboy steaks.  

5 pound beef tenderloin seared to perfection then baked in a dutch oven with a beurre manié full of mushrooms and shallots served with a creamy homemade horseradish sauce. Salad is a butternut squash, quinoa, and kale salad with a honey & mustard vinaigrette. Then comes some homemade ice cream followed by either a Bourbon County Stout or a Bell's double cream stout depending on how much room is left. The only thing premade is the horseradish sauce the night before. Worth the time, effort, and every penny. And yes I will gladly share my recipes for inquiring minds.

I forgot to add there are feta roasted brussel sprouts with a balsamic reduction as a side.

Edited by bnwtwg
Forget the fart boosters.
  • Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

27 minutes ago, Caveira said:

How big is the height / reach advantage?   Curious how much that plays a part.  

how about the fact that PSU prepares their athletes for individual matches better than anyone in wrestling? And Ferrari has a fairly specific style? how big an advantage is that.

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

how about the fact that PSU prepares their athletes for individual matches better than anyone in wrestling? And Ferrari has a fairly specific style? how big an advantage is that.

Whats the Focus record against these prepared Penn St wrestlers?

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He's currently weighing 205 so he's definitely going 197 and not heavyweight.  Brooks vs Ferrari will be an epic final.  Who is favored?

I have to go Ferrari since he's coming down from 225 pounds and Brooks is going up from 184. Brooks is already short/small for 197 and there's close to a 30 pound difference in natural size between the two men.

How do you think their faiths will figure into their matches? 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

5 pound beef tenderloin seared to perfection then baked in a dutch oven with a beurre manié full of mushrooms and shallots served with a creamy homemade horseradish sauce. Salad is a butternut squash, quinoa, and kale salad with a honey & mustard vinaigrette. Then comes some homemade ice cream followed by either a Bourbon County Stout or a Bell's double cream stout depending on how much room is left. The only thing premade is the horseradish sauce the night before. Worth the time, effort, and every penny. And yes I will gladly share my recipes for inquiring minds.

I forgot to add there are feta roasted brussel sprouts with a balsamic reduction as a side.

Similar here.   I’m doing two center cut beef tenderloins.  About 5 lbs.    I’m gonna sous vide them after dry brining for a day and a half.  Sear on a ripping hot cast iron.   I’m Irish so I’m doing two potatos.   An au gratin and a French one called fondant potatos.  (Look up fondant.   Easy and tasty).   Sides are creamed spinach, a candied bacon pecan Brussels sprout.  I do like the balsamic ish recipe you referenced above but wife asked for the candied pecan.   I ordered on Amazon some St Elmo (Indianapolis famous ish restaurant) spicy horse radish for a horseradish sauce for the tenderloins.   Look up that brand or horseradish if you like it spicy.      Enjoy!   Your meal looks super awesome.   

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Similar here.   I’m doing two center cut beef tenderloins.  About 5 lbs.    I’m gonna sous vide them after dry brining for a day and a half.  Sear on a ripping hot cast iron.   I’m Irish so I’m doing two potatos.   An au gratin and a French one called fondant potatos.  (Look up fondant.   Easy and tasty).   Sides are creamed spinach, a candied bacon pecan Brussels sprout.  I do like the balsamic ish recipe you referenced above but wife asked for the candied pecan.   I ordered on Amazon some St Elmo (Indianapolis famous ish restaurant) spicy horse radish for a horseradish sauce for the tenderloins.   Look up that brand or horseradish if you like it spicy.      Enjoy!   Your meal looks super awesome.   

😋 can you send the address & throw on an extra potato?

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Caveira said:

We used to go to Indy every year to visit family. Always stopped at St. Elmo's because the wife and daughters had to have that cocktail sauce.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

We used to go to Indy every year to visit family. Always stopped at St. Elmo's because the wife and daughters had to have that cocktail sauce.

It’s amazing.  I’m not from Indy …. (Chicago) but when we go there we always try to stop.  Indy is an underrated town.  

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, jackwebster said:

JC reminds of this guy -- "parity boy" ... Rich somebody ... Jason Bryant would know -- who used to haunt the virginiawrestling.com discussion board in the late 90's/early 00's. This guy was legitimately sick and needed help. I won't presume to know what's wrong with our guy, but JC is the same in that his shtick is pathological. He asks questions, creating the illusion that some conversation with him might ensue. But, no. No dialogue, just the eternal recurrence of the same.

Parity boy is on this site now. He uses the name title ix watch dog or something like that. His tone and style are very unique/identifiable.  Jimmy at least is entertaining at times as he clearly is sarcastically trying to provoke an argument on behalf of his beloved PSU. Rich just poses question after question trying to sound erudite or sagacious without providing any sort of substance or value to these boards. 

18 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He's currently weighing 205 so he's definitely going 197 and not heavyweight.  Brooks vs Ferrari will be an epic final.  Who is favored?

I have to go Ferrari since he's coming down from 225 pounds and Brooks is going up from 184. Brooks is already short/small for 197 and there's close to a 30 pound difference in natural size between the two men.

Toxic religion (especially Christianity) is a real problem in wrestling.  Faith over facts.  Loyalty over truth.  It's fed by narrow individualism, the blind belief in a simplistic struggle of good vs. evil, and all kinds of utter nonsense.  It's been going on for decades and anyone awake and aware enough can see it.  It's amazing that so many people are in denial about this embrace of authoritarianism and religiosity, and the fact that a large swath of international wrestling culture (Russia, Iran, major parts of the U.S., etc.) is extremely reactionary.

It's also there not just in these "Jesus trained" zealots but also in the very culture.    It's embarrassing and dangerous.  We see it with all kinds of figures from Marinelli to Brooks to Nickal, and so many more.  They need something to seize upon to justify and rationalize their "sacrifices," but there is of course no (zero, nada) evidence that the fictions they subscribe to exist.  Evolutionarily, these delusions might help them to believe they are destined to win.  But if you step outside this tiny, ghetto culture and have even a half decent understanding of biology, history, philosophy, or psychology, you will see how delusional it all is.  Ferrari is simply a laughable form of it— a clown like others in a larger community who trump-et themselves in pathological ways.  

• Fire 5

5 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

"Superior Belief in God☝️and Jesus Christ✝️ "

What does this have to do with anything? Believing in myths won't give him any takedowns.

Many athletes, and especially but not only wrestlers, seem to be addicted to utter nonsense. They project the wrestling mat (playing field) onto the greater universe, and see all things as a cosmic struggle.  Jacob wrestling an angel ... or whatever.

"God" (whomever that is) is on their side.  Jesus (in actuality a nonviolent, flawed, and very mortal human) helps them to imagine they (and he) are immortal.  And so on. It's really, really embarrassing how individuals who claim to be committed to the "here and now" flee from it into an imaginary void.

If only this flight possessed the "truth" of myth.  Instead, it is a kind of wounded narcissism, one that drowns on the very surface of things.   Ferrari is someone who makes an extremely great and historical sport—yes, wrestling is magnificent—so much less.  His addition is a hundred fold subtraction.

• Fire 1

"Superior Belief in God☝️and Jesus Christ✝️ "

It's St. Anslem come back to re-spread the ontological proof. If it's good enough for Jean Luc Marion to have another look at, I won't fault Ferrari for it. Plus, there's all sorts of other things to fault him for.

Edited by jackwebster

14 hours ago, 11986 said:

jimmy while irritating is less harmful imo. His trolling actually inadvertently leads to decent wrestling conversation some of the times he posts with dumb topics. 

No doubt. I was responding more to remind myself of this fact. He's sorta like the board's chatbot.

12 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Sounds like a lovely breakfast.

What else?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 hours ago, Waylonfan54 said:

Parity boy is on this site now. He uses the name title ix watch dog or something like that. His tone and style are very unique/identifiable.  Jimmy at least is entertaining at times as he clearly is sarcastically trying to provoke an argument on behalf of his beloved PSU. Rich just poses question after question trying to sound erudite or sagacious without providing any sort of substance or value to these boards. 

If you believe he is an actual PSU fan them he got you good.

Also, this JC we have here is some sort od bot.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

If you believe he is an actual PSU fan them he got you good.

Also, this JC we have here is some sort od bot.

He’s definitely a PSU fan.

And I’d bet the one that started this thread is the real one.  There is another fake one though

3 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Toxic religion (especially Christianity) is a real problem in wrestling.  Faith over facts.  Loyalty over truth.  It's fed by narrow individualism, the blind belief in a simplistic struggle of good vs. evil, and all kinds of utter nonsense.  It's been going on for decades and anyone awake and aware enough can see it.  It's amazing that so many people are in denial about this embrace of authoritarianism and religiosity, and the fact that a large swath of international wrestling culture (Russia, Iran, major parts of the U.S., etc.) is extremely reactionary.

It's also there not just in these "Jesus trained" zealots but also in the very culture.    It's embarrassing and dangerous.  We see it with all kinds of figures from Marinelli to Brooks to Nickal, and so many more.  They need something to seize upon to justify and rationalize their "sacrifices," but there is of course no (zero, nada) evidence that the fictions they subscribe to exist.  Evolutionarily, these delusions might help them to believe they are destined to win.  But if you step outside this tiny, ghetto culture and have even a half decent understanding of biology, history, philosophy, or psychology, you will see how delusional it all is.  Ferrari is simply a laughable form of it— a clown like others in a larger community who trump-et themselves in pathological ways.  

Why is it a problem?  I don’t believe God/Jesus helps with athletic preparation, but as long as public university coaches aren’t preaching it to their athletes (which I don’t know if is happening) and athletes aren’t putting down other religions in NCAA finals interviews (which unfortunately has happened), who cares?

Most of the guys that can’t stop taking about religion are some of the best, so whatever helps them, cool.  They also tend to be high character individuals…Ferrari of course an exception to that.