• Playwire Ad Area

Jimmy Carter caused the demise of America

JimmyBT

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Thank you for being blatantly dishonest. You're an example for the kids in this holiday season.

After, therefore because of it.

His creating the thing did not lead to the other thing. That was my point. If you were confused, which by your response, it seems like you were. Then you could've asked me to clarify.

But to your whole point, republicans and Reagan in particular lead to the brainwashing of the country. The article I posted will lend credence to that. His quotes on the subject (ie. 'intellectual curiosity', is a particular gem, don't read it, you're head might explode from the cognitive dissonance) are particularly prescient to his actions and the effects to follow. 

He created it to control the curriculum.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I would say Jimmy Carter and his advisors really blew it when they decided to punish Russia with a grain embargo. The agriculture community at the time was already struggling and needed some help or attention from the federal government in a positive way. But President Carter and his advisors decided to impose a grain embargo. We were exporting 20 percent of our grain to Russia at the time. By doing so they greatly contributed to the Farm Crisis of the 80's. It was devastating. Grain prices plummeted by 40 percent causing tens of thousands of farms to go bankrupt. Most of the farms were generational farms. They had been their family's for decades. President Carter was a major factor.

The USSR invaded Afghanistan and we were suppose to keep up business as usual? Do you see any parallels to Russia of today? 

Granted, the circumstances were not great. We could've aided our farmers more/better to ensure they didn't bare the brunt of foreign policy decisions. That can be said for a bunch of situations in many administrations. 

Can you use this line of reasoning to blame a single person, say a president, for anything else? Iran-Contra, made up war in Iraq that killed untold thousands(maybe millions) of civilians, response to COVID?

If your reasoning doesn't cut both ways then you're being dishonest. Be consistent.

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The guy that builds houses for habitat for humanity vs the bigot/homophobe that followed him in office? Did you read that right? Are you confused somehow? Let me know, I can help. 

Neither confused nor brainwashed like you are 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The USSR invaded Afghanistan and we were suppose to keep up business as usual? Do you see any parallels to Russia of today? 

Granted, the circumstances were not great. We could've aided our farmers more/better to ensure they didn't bare the brunt of foreign policy decisions. That can be said for a bunch of situations in many administrations. 

Can you use this line of reasoning to blame a single person, say a president, for anything else? Iran-Contra, made up war in Iraq that killed untold thousands(maybe millions) of civilians, response to COVID?

If your reasoning doesn't cut both ways then you're being dishonest. Be consistent.

Not with Russia. China for sure though. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Neither confused nor brainwashed like you are 

These don't sound like the retorts of someone triggered by their own inadequacies and self doubt. 

You can take you're ball and go home. 

I'll go ahead and give you the last word on the subject. 

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's ok, I wouldn't expect hypocrisy to bother you.  Go on now, back to making wild, expansive claims with no evidence. 

That Jimmy Carter didn’t create the modern department of education to control the curriculum??  That claim. Ok. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

OP is 100% right but only because he lost to Reagan who promptly did all of the actual destruction.

10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

OP is 100% right but only because he lost to Reagan who promptly did all of the actual destruction.

Jimmy inflation sucked. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

These don't sound like the retorts of someone triggered by their own inadequacies and self doubt. 

You can take you're ball and go home. 

I'll go ahead and give you the last word on the subject. 

Thx!!!!!   Usually how it goes.