• Playwire Ad Area

Jimmy Carter caused the demise of America

JimmyBT

18 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Ummmmm this thread is about America being dumber than it should be because of the department of education. Math being too hard for you seems to fit the narrative. Sorry that’s over your head. 

Oh no. Not a stink bug.  How will I sleep at night ???  Bahahhahahahahahahahahha

I didn't intend to hurt your feelings with the stink bug comment. But your avatar does resemble one. At least a little.

You'll sleep fine, they are harmless. Soooo... bah hah aha hardy har har? Or whatever.

stink-bug-768x768.jpg

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I didn't intend to hurt your feelings with the stink bug comment. But your avatar does resemble one. At least a little.

You'll sleep fine, they are harmless. Soooo... bah hah aha hardy har har? Or whatever.

stink-bug-768x768.jpg

Hurt my feelings. Bahahahhahahahahahahha. Good try jr. 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Stalling 1

22 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Ok. Why is it personal? War notwithstanding, what did Jimmy Carter do that, if you feel he is such a revolting person, you feel this way? 

Also, do you feel this way about what other presidents did to further their own agenda on the backs of creating conflict and stoking up mistrust? I can give you examples if you would like. 

Ok . We will go slow here. Jimmy Carter the man was a good man. DID I say anything different?  OK. I was very critical of President Carter and his Advisors decision to put a grain embargo on Russia. By putting  a grain embargo on Russia to punish them he also punished the American farmer. They put Zero thought into how their decision might adversely affect the thousands of farmers across America. Did you actually read what I wrote? Have you ever read up on how devasting the Farm Crisis of the 80"s was? There were no policies put in place to stabilize the prices or to compensate farmers for their loses. Interests rates went sky high and money was frozen by lending institutions. So President Carter and his advisors were big contributing factors to the Farm Crisis of the 80's. Like many of the other farmers who lost their farms I also lost my farm. I don't expect you to understand. You did not experience it and It did not affect you or any one you know in any way. 

• Fire 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Ok . We will go slow here. Jimmy Carter the man was a good man. DID I say anything different?  OK. I was very critical of President Carter and his Advisors decision to put a grain embargo on Russia. By putting  a grain embargo on Russia to punish them he also punished the American farmer. They put Zero thought into how their decision might adversely affect the thousands of farmers across America. Did you actually read what I wrote? Have you ever read up on how devasting the Farm Crisis of the 80"s was? There were no policies put in place to stabilize the prices or to compensate farmers for their loses. Interests rates went sky high and money was frozen by lending institutions. So President Carter and his advisors were big contributing factors to the Farm Crisis of the 80's. Like many of the other farmers who lost their farms I also lost my farm. I don't expect you to understand. You did not experience it and It did not affect you or any one you know in any way. 

And don't forget the Brazil impact.  Because JC embargoed grain sales someone has to supply, Brazil increased production, cleared trees for more land , took over a good bit of our export market which we didn't get back thus extending the pain to US farmers.  Everything was looking good in the late 70s.  

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ionel said:

And don't forget the Brazil impact.  Because JC embargoed grain sales someone has to supply, Brazil increased production, cleared trees for more land , took over a good bit of our export market which we didn't get back thus extending the pain to US farmers.  Everything was looking good in the late 70s.  

There were problems looming in the horizon that they could have addressed. But instead of helping they poured gas onto the small fire in the wastebasket  and burnt down the entire house. By chance are you in the agriculture industry (farming)?

46 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

My post: 

Ok. Why is it personal? War notwithstanding, what did Jimmy Carter do that, if you feel he is such a revolting person, you feel this way? 

Also, do you feel this way about what other presidents did to further their own agenda on the backs of creating conflict and stoking up mistrust? I can give you examples if you would like. 

Response:

I did read what you wrote and composed my response. Did you read what I wrote? If you did, you would see that I did not imply your feelings about him. I asked the question so you could clarify yourself. Which you did. Thank you.

I doubt that 'zero' thought was put into it. I'll be dollars to donuts that a lot of thought was put into it but was executed poorly because other countries more then made up for it by selling even more to Russia. 

PBS Iowa tells a bit of different story. Coupled with high gas prices and lending policy, hurt everyone. Leaving farmers who over leveraged to take the biggest hit.  

Also, this is your daily reminder that Reagan was a POS and would do or say anything to be and stay president. Remind you of someone? 

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

My post: 

Response:

I did read what you wrote and composed my response. Did you read what I wrote? If you did, you would see that I did not imply your feelings about him. I asked the question so you could clarify yourself. Which you did. Thank you.

I doubt that 'zero' thought was put into it. I'll be dollars to donuts that a lot of thought was put into it but was executed poorly because other countries more then made up for it by selling even more to Russia. 

PBS Iowa tells a bit of different story. Coupled with high gas prices and lending policy, hurt everyone. Leaving farmers who over leveraged to take the biggest hit.  

Also, this is your daily reminder that Reagan was a POS and would do or say anything to be and stay president. Remind you of someone? 

In both of my statements I said a contributing factor. I'm sure you read that. They had an opportunity to help the agriculture community. Which i think would take precedent over punishing Russia. I'm sure you know Carters family were farmers but mostly raised peanuts which was not affected by the grain embargo. I'm curious, did the PBS documentary mention what the Carter administration should have done to advert the situation.. 

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

In both of my statements I said a contributing factor. I'm sure you read that. They had an opportunity to help the agriculture community. Which i think would take precedent over punishing Russia. I'm sure you know Carters family were farmers but mostly raised peanuts which was not affected by the grain embargo. I'm curious, did the PBS documentary mention what the Carter administration should have done to advert the situation.. 

If you clicked on it you would read about the things that contributed to the farming crisis and unfortunately the damage was done. Things were passed to give some aid to farmers and those in the rural community and to ensure it didn't happen again. 

A president, by themselves can't really do much of anything with regards to the situation under discussion. To place blame on one person is a bit short sited albeit somewhat satisfying, I'll admit. 

Sorry you lost your farm. That must've been tough and quite a traumatic experience.  

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

There were problems looming in the horizon that they could have addressed. But instead of helping they poured gas onto the small fire in the wastebasket  and burnt down the entire house. By chance are you in the agriculture industry (farming)?

Farming mid 70s thu 80 then quit to go to grad school, good timing.  Was on a state (dif than where farmed & own land) rural task force winter 85 traveling the state with Lt Gov & other panel members hearing testimony on impact of ag crisis on both ag & rural towns.  Bought farm land later was back couple months ago for 2+ weeks harvesting corn, soybeans & milo.  Plus other stuff between then and now.  

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

My post: 

Response:

You have TDS AND RDS.  Carter was a terrible President.  He made Regan look good.  

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

Farming mid 70s thu 80 then quit to go to grad school, good timing.  Was on a state (dif than where farmed & own land) rural task force winter 85 traveling the state with Lt Gov & other panel members hearing testimony on impact of ag crisis on both ag & rural towns.  Bought farm land later was back couple months ago for 2+ weeks harvesting corn, soybeans & milo.  Plus other stuff between then and now.  

The must have been a really difficult job at the time. How bad was it when you visited the communities. Can I ask what state you were in. How were the yields? Do you go back every year for harvest? I'm considering volunteering to work with Farm Rescue out of North Dakota. I will have to get up with some of the local farmers to get up to speed on the newer equipment. 

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

The must have been a really difficult job at the time. How bad was it when you visited the communities. Can I ask what state you were in. How were the yields? Do you go back every year for harvest? I'm considering volunteering to work with Farm Rescue out of North Dakota. I will have to get up with some of the local farmers to get up to speed on the newer equipment. 

Illinois, prob wasn't as bad as some other states.  Ag obviously eventually rebounded but like elsewhere a good percentages of farmers went bankrupt.  However a lot of small towns & businesses there did not recover.

Soybeans not good this year, corn and milo ok.  Generally go back every years, sometimes both wheat June and beans Oct, planting wheat same time as bean harvest plus cattle so extra help needed then.  It brother's op and just 2 hired men.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, ionel said:

Illinois, prob wasn't as bad as some other states.  Ag obviously eventually rebounded but like elsewhere a good percentages of farmers went bankrupt.  However a lot of small towns & businesses there did not recover.

Soybeans not good this year, corn and milo ok.  Generally go back every years, sometimes both wheat June and beans Oct, planting wheat same time as bean harvest plus cattle so extra help needed then.  It brother's op and just 2 hired men.

There were a lot of dairy farms where I lived in Ohio . They were able to survive. But most of the Dairy farms are gone now. Farming sure has changed the last 40 years. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

There were a lot of dairy farms where I lived in Ohio . They were able to survive. But most of the Dairy farms are gone now. Farming sure has changed the last 40 years. 

Livestock was a big thing they wanted to save see come back during task force hearings but that was one of the big areas lost.  Illinois competitive advantage just wasn't in livestock.

For those who hate the big "factory" livestock operations ... maybe blame Jimmy?  We had more free range before.  What came back decades later was huge indoor dairy.  Eventually was prob gonna happen.  

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You're so cute. Thanks for weighing in. 

IKR?  You’re welcome.  BTW, I’m sure they make a shot for your syndrome(s).   Or maybe it’s a Trump booster for your Ronnie syndrome.  Either way enjoy wearing your mask in the car when your by yourself. 

• Clown 1

18 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

My mask is for YOUR benefit. I can imagine how thankful you are that I'm taking the precaution. So with that I will say, 'You are, most humbly, welcome.' 

When you’re in the car by yourself it’s not for anyones benefit.  Btw I followed the science and didn’t wear one.  Herd immunity.  You’re welcome.  

• Haha 1