• Playwire Ad Area

125s that are capable of winning a title

flyingcement

On 12/20/2023 at 1:08 PM, Spladle88 said:

No, I doubt that. I would think Stanich will red shirt this year and then Crookham and him will be the 133 and 141 of the future.....as for McGonagle I just don't know, he has 1 more year after this eligibility wise.......will be his 6th year at Lehigh, he may choose to graduate transfer or he may stay to see what happens, I can't see him at 149 though, just doesn't have the frame.......is a shame, he's been a heck of a battler for Lehigh and improved thru injuries and weight changes.....

I would not assume that Crookham wants to go up a weight for the benefit of the team. 

This isn't Penn state where cael makes these decisions 

18 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

I would not assume that Crookham wants to go up a weight for the benefit of the team. 

This isn't Penn state where cael makes these decisions 

I'm sorry, but who said I was assuming that?

Sounds more like you assumed that was what I meant, although it was not......I just think they'll figure it out, Crookham may move to 141 if weight is difficult for him or Stanich may jump to 141....

with young college wrestlers and holding weight/growing plus a full year in college weight rooms you never know........since it seems pretty clear Stanich can't hold 125, that makes him already a 133.....with another full year in the weight room and possibly growth as an 18 year old, 141 is far from out of the question for him.....

Edited by Spladle88
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

I'm sorry, but who said I was assuming that?

Sounds more like you assumed that was what I meant, although it was not......I just think they'll figure it out, Crookham may move to 141 if weight is difficult for him or Stanich may jump to 141....

with young college wrestlers and holding weight/growing plus a full year in college weight rooms you never know........since it seems pretty clear Stanich can't hold 125, that makes him already a 133.....with another full year in the weight room and possibly growth as an 18 year old, 141 is far from out of the question for him.....

Couple that with the fact that Crookham looks BIG at 133 and I think it’s a good hypothesis. 

• Fire 2

On 12/21/2023 at 1:54 PM, ScarletKnight said:

is ventresca out for the season?  I know he was injured.  

I haven’t seen any formal announcement from the team or chatter on the VT forum that Eddie is out for the year. But, I’d assume he’s done. The coaches wouldn’t have pulled coop’s oly shirt if Eddie was fairly healthy or performing well. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, GoGopher said:

Vito? Daton? Both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see what else that could mean…

I guess my speculation might not have been too far off:

43 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

125 takes another hit. #2 Peterson goes down to Klinsky 9-6.

Yup. Peterson should haven’t wrestled today after getting banged up last night. Started strong but had nothing left after 2 minutes. He looked awful in the 2nd and 3rd. He literally was barely even moving. 

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yup. Peterson should haven’t wrestled today after getting banged up last night. Started strong but had nothing left after 2 minutes. He looked awful in the 2nd and 3rd. He literally was barely even moving. 

Was it a tweaked knee?

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

They also have some familiarity that makes it tough , grew up a few miles apart ,definitely have worked out together in past

4 hours ago, Gantry said:

Could weight be an issue?  Sounds like he got banged up, but that two consecutive weighins is tough for folks cutting a lot. 

Definitely could be. More likely than not it was a combination of both factors but seems like an unnecessary risk to take in a completely lopsided dual. I’m surprised Goodale let him go today and it turned out to be a terrible decision. 

• Fire 1

Jack Maida and Braeden Davis are the last two undefeated wrestlers at 125.  You could also include Anthony Noto if you ignore his unofficial loss to Ramos.  

Maida hasn't had a tough schedule and Davis wasn't even the starter until recently.

125 is fun to talk about but we all need to acknowledge that two things are true:

1) At this weight this year nothing means anything until the dust settles in March.

2) If they wrestled NCAAs ten times, we would see ten wildly different results.

It's a crapshoot this year and nothing is off the table. Could see a freshman win it, could see a .500 finalist, could see Vito and Fix in the finals. Nothing should surprise anyone.

i am an idiot on the internet

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

125 is fun to talk about but we all need to acknowledge that two things are true:

1) At this weight this year nothing means anything until the dust settles in March.

2) If they wrestled NCAAs ten times, we would see ten wildly different results.

It's a crapshoot this year and nothing is off the table. Could see a freshman win it, could see a .500 finalist, could see Vito and Fix in the finals. Nothing should surprise anyone.

So sorta like what fly the OP said?  🤔

😉

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ionel said:

So sorta like what fly the OP said?  🤔

😉

I said it succinctly but @flyingcement only beat around the bush. If you're going to have a hot take you better put on the oven gloves and go fully chaotic neutral. I also still stand by my post back on page one: backside McKee is the only lock. Now watch him make the finals haha

i am an idiot on the internet

On 12/21/2023 at 12:23 PM, Lunaticfringe said:

This is the oldest that any McKee has been in college. Mitchell never redshirted and was appearing to have HEW at age 22. Patrick started to show similar at age 22-23 last season and has not wrestled well this year. I would have rather seen him at 133 this season.

HEW? Sorry, not familiar with the term. 

On 1/6/2024 at 8:47 AM, GoGopher said:

Vito? Daton? Both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched Nebraska/Wyoming with the Brain commentating.  During the Smith/Volk match he said “there are rumors swirling that Fix and/or Vito could be dropping”

• Clown 1