• Playwire Ad Area

NIL and PED’s

wrestle87

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

how many doping tests did Lance Armstrong pass?  And he was targeted.  

The UFC tests, but then you will see a fighter say 90% of people are on something banned.  

I also know a lot of kid wrestlers that were prescribed HGH and some that were prescribed testosterone to go along with it.  

HGH among kid wrestlers is incredibly common.  

The difference between what Lance Armstrong did and what a middle school, high school or college wrestler would be able to do is night and day. A team of actual scientists and doctors helped him get his blood values right up to the legal limits, and keep them there. Which in itself would have triggered a modern day biological passport violation. And, despite the public perception that he never failed a drug test, he did, and retroactive (post-retirement) analysis of his blood samples with modern techniques has detected the presence of multiple substances that, individually, would've resulted in 2 year bans.

24 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Based on what, exactly? What personal knowledge of anti-doping science do you have that leads you to question the legitimacy or accuracy of testing performed on NCAA athletes?

Continuing on: 

I have also heard a national champ/Olympian question the validity.

I trained with an World/Olympic placer (non-USA) for 3+ years who, though he never admitted to PED abuse, he was selling a masking agent to athletes at a local college.  This same competitor had previously been associated with one of the top clubs and programs in our country.

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Continuing on: 

I have also heard a national champ/Olympian question the validity.

I trained with an World/Olympic placer (non-USA) for 3+ years who, though he never admitted to PED abuse, he was selling a masking agent to athletes at a local college.  This same competitor had previously been associated with one of the top clubs and programs in our country.

Masking agents have been added to the WADA/USADA banned lists in great numbers in recent years.

I have to ask, when was this? 

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

The difference between what Lance Armstrong did and what a middle school, high school or college wrestler would be able to do is night and day. A team of actual scientists and doctors helped him get his blood values right up to the legal limits, and keep them there. Which in itself would have triggered a modern day biological passport violation. And, despite the public perception that he never failed a drug test, he did, and retroactive (post-retirement) analysis of his blood samples with modern techniques has detected the presence of multiple substances that, individually, would've resulted in 2 year bans.

If only college athletes and RTCs had access to labs that do regular blood tests and handle training, nutrition, and supplementation for athletes who are regularly trying to beat USADA/WADA tests.

PED use is rampant in hs and college. Also the use of adhd meds to cut weight and calm the nerves for those who can't do it themselves. Seen kids who had regular childish outbursts while on the mat go to zombies with zero expression while they were in the midst of a grind. Robot like faces with no emotion. 2 practices a day(hs and club) compete on the weekends, workout,cut weight, thousands of hours of abuse on the body and...never a single injury. Not natural.

Would like to see the health results of the SynthGH users 10-15 years down the road. Parents that give their kids this junk should be jailed. Once ur a man it then becomes ur own choice to use.  

On 12/20/2023 at 6:56 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I question the legitimacy of these tests, what they test for, and how accurate they are, and I have heard NCAA champs/Olympians also question them.

there was a good crossfit related youtube video about a doctor telling people he helps get all the crossfitters numbers to pass. They are constantly cycling the hormone levels...if crossfit can do it couldn't wrestlers?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Can guys get NIL from masking agents and PEDS companies?  That's what I thought this thread was all about. That's what this thread SHOULD be all about. Guys like Lizak and Degen could have done well. 

In cycling, the Tour of California was once sponsored by Amgen (maker of EPOGEN, or synthetic EPO).  The irony...

• Haha 2