• Playwire Ad Area

Cliff Keen Las Vegas Wrestling Invitational

Idaho

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Call me a homer but I think we upgraded going from Bono to Hahn. Hoping that he can keep building the program up. He’s doing a great job developing the talent that we have. 

100 percent upgrade , Hahn has helped produce more AAs and more ncaa champs already than bono probably ever will , and he’s an all round great guy 

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Mine - BOLDED...

flyingcement nhs67
Latona Figueroa
Hardy Kaylor
Parco Happel
Cook Thomas
Ramirez Coleman
Foca Harvey
D. Romero Allred
K. Romero Hendrickson

okay we tied on matches we disagreed upon and we also need to each do fifty clappers on behalf of Tanner Jordan, Clay Carlson, Lenny Pinto, Andy Smith, and AJ Nevills, all who we both underestimated.  checking on pins now!

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Six pins - you win by a nose - DAMN!

Hardy over Mattin
Sasso over Hagan
Cook over Kharchla
Lewis over DeVos
D. Romero over Conigliaro
Trumble over Koser

Holy crap.  That was a helluva round of wrestling.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Day one thoughts:

DeAugostino looked like he may have pulled his groin. Depending on severity he could be out a couple months and that stinks if so. 

Vito looks very good but not world beater surprisingly. I honestly thought he would have racked up over 40 points on day one.

Mattin going down was an upset but… not super surprising?

Kharchla wtf?

Keck doing Keck things. The bag of magic Pinto beans ends tomorrow morning. Excited for the finals tomorrow and hopefully Hidlay is more engaged than last March.

Hoffman and Sloan doing Hoffman and Sloan tournament things. I thought Norfleet was going to win this weekend but 197 blew up.

I can’t believe Schultz lost. I sent Nevills a thank-you basket to his hotel room that would make Derek Jeter jealous. Schultz and Orndorff deserve to meet each other in the backside and the winner can be the new Greco coach.

I’m very excited? intrigued? for Hendrickson vs Parris. Hendrickson has such better technique but he’s going to get horsed around the mat methinks.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

9 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

Who is going to win the team race tomorrow?? Alot of possibilities 

That's a good question.... Nebraska has 5 in the semis......NC State and SDSU has 4.....ASU has the potential for a lot of finalists... with DeAugustino out, Figs should be in the finals... All of that to say, I don't know 🙂

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

30 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Kharchla hit by the only move you know is coming.

Romero beats Hidlay today. :classic_unsure:

Hoffman is out. Orndorff is out

I thought Hendrickson was a giant man? I also didn't realize he has better technique that Parris.

I think Hendrickson, who has height and weight but not necessarily top-end strength, has significantly better technique but Parris is a mountain.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

I thought Hendrickson was a giant man? I also didn't realize he has better technique that Parris.

100%

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

I think Hendrickson, who has height and weight but not necessarily top-end strength, has significantly better technique but Parris is a mountain.

Unless Hendrickson made a significant leap from last year he is going to struggle with the top big 10 heavy’s. He lost to Orndorf and Lance last year who are significantly behind Parris, Kerk and Cass. Parris is an explosive athlete. All state linebacker in high school who has recruited to D1 for football. 

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

I agree, but I think it’s close enough for them to justify going with Figueroa. Figueroa would be a threat to AA, and from what it sounds like, benching him may not go over too well. I don’t know if losing 3 years of Figs for one last year of Courtney is a risk Zeke is willing to take.

Figs knew the plan for this yeat was Courtney unless he beat him out.

If Courtney gets the not at PAC12s it will be safe to assume he did not beat him out.

Figs chose ASU because he trusted them to make him a collegiate and freestyle champion.  You think he will have lost that faith after one season of eligibility because they also made another wrestler better too?

Doubtful.  He knew this before the season started.

2 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Sometimes I can't figure out the big boys.  Hendrickson moves like a 165 lber.  Man, his technique is amazing.  Hard to believe he'd ever lose.  Does anyone know what he weighs?  Maybe the AFA just needs to feed him more, or work him less.

• Fire 1

On 12/2/2022 at 6:18 AM, nhs67 said:

Saturday, December 3rd

12:00 PM:

R7 - Consolation 2nd Round of 8

1:00 pm:

R8 - Championship Semi-Finals

R9 - Consolation Semi-Finals, Finals 5th/6th, 7th/8th Placement Matches

6:00 PM:

R10 - Finals, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th Placement Matches

All times in US-Eastern

Today's schedule, gents.

• Fire 1

Hendrickson would not be as successful at HWT as he has been the last couple of years if he did not have the strength, or power, to compete with the strong boys.

Meaning, if (when) he loses to Parris it isn't going to only be because Parris is brutally more powerful.  He is also a more complete collegiate wrestler - which includes skill level.

Edited by nhs67

7 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Man, his technique is amazing.  Hard to believe he'd ever lose. 

I hear ya Mr. P.  I have just never heard/read anyone discuss his superior technique until today. Feel like I've been missing out.

Edited by MPhillips

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

I agree Mr. P.  I have just never heard/read anyone discuss his superior technique until today. Feel like I've been missing out.

Unless he took a progressional leap, his skill is being greatly exaggerated.  He also wins due to speed and athletic prowess as much as technique.

He wouldn't have gone in to NCAAs undefeated and then lost to Orndorff and Lance last season if his skill was so much superior.

Hendrickson is a phenomenal technician, don't get me wrong.  He is also an elite athlete - with insane speed for a heavy.  That helps a lot.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Unless he took a progressional leap, his skill is being greatly exaggerated.  He also wins due to speed and athletic prowess as much as technique.

He wouldn't have gone in to NCAAs undefeated and then lost to Orndorff and Lance last season if his skill was so much superior.

Logically I know you're right.  I guess I'm somewhat confusing technique with athleticism.  He is exciting to watch though.  Could we say something like... His technique is better suited to 165 lb than 285 lb?

I'm reminded of our 250 lber in HS.  His technique was vastly different than us (much) smaller guys and he was very successful.  A lot has changed in 55 years though, that's for sure. 

Edited by BerniePragle

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

No. Parris is a better all around wrestler. So are Kerk and Cass. 

Parris is not a better technician, but I believe he is a significantly better wrestler. Parris has elite physical intangibles that more than make up for his lack of elite technical prowess. Everyone knows his hi-c is coming. It’s the only move he has. And nearly everyone is incapable of stopping it.