• Playwire Ad Area

Cheesehead 285

HungusMungus

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

I think it does. It’s crazy how they’re in the same state but never seem to find each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirasola was 195 a few months ago is why.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Mirasola was 195 a few months ago is why.

You’re right. Brain fart.

I don’t necessarily think Hopke should fall far for this loss to Schunke, who is a very good wrestler ranked top 5 in the weight in his own right and Hopke still has a winning record against him. Given recent results for both though, certainly a case to bump Mirasola over.

I do often get Cole and Connor mixed up. Hard to separate which one is which lol.

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

You’re right. Brain fart.

I don’t necessarily think Hopke should fall far for this loss to Schunke, who is a very good wrestler ranked top 5 in the weight in his own right and Hopke still has a winning record against him. Given recent results for both though, certainly a case to bump Mirasola over.

I do often get Cole and Connor mixed up. Hard to separate which one is which lol.

After watching the Schunke - Hopke match at folkstyle nationals last summer it is hard for me to envision Schunke ever beating Hopke. He must have made some big adjustments. 

• Fire 1

After watching the Schunke - Hopke match at folkstyle nationals last summer it is hard for me to envision Schunke ever beating Hopke. He must have made some big adjustments. 

I encourage you to watch the match on Flo. Hopke was in on legs probably 6 times and couldn’t finish. Lost on a questionable but understandable stall call. Pretty clear what his problem is, he’s too small.

I’m a huge fan of Hopke and can’t wait to see him have success in college. That being said he’s beaten Schunke badly more than once and could get nothing going against the big guy this time.   When you lose, no matter how, against a guy you have a history of pretty much dominating you probably aren’t number one at this time.   I would have dropped him down to at least number two and let him earn it back at the cheesehead.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Bono is getting the best HWT, and had to go outside Wisconsin to do it.

He was the best today, he’s 1-1 with Mirasola this season. Also, doesn’t he intend on playing football as well?

2 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

He was the best today, he’s 1-1 with Mirasola this season. Also, doesn’t he intend on playing football as well?

Yeah football and wrestling at UW, which tells me he will be surpassed by those other two in college.  Can’t wrestle part-time and beat the elite on a consistent basis.

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:25 PM, jchapman said:

Yeah football and wrestling at UW, which tells me he will be surpassed by those other two in college.  Can’t wrestle part-time and beat the elite on a consistent basis.

On 1/6/2024 at 4:53 PM, jchapman said:

Looks like Bono is getting the best HWT, and had to go outside Wisconsin to do it.

Fickell landed him after Fitz was fired at NW, Bono is coat tailing this signing.  1/2 seasons of wrestling best case.

10 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

Fickell landed him after Fitz was fired at NW, Bono is coat tailing this signing.  1/2 seasons of wrestling best case.

Right, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, in response to those who complain that UW can't land the top in state recruits.  Here is a "recruit" from Illinois who outperformed the two in-state studs that UW "lost" to other programs.

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:24 AM, jchapman said:

Right, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, in response to those who complain that UW can't land the top in state recruits.  Here is a "recruit" from Illinois who outperformed the two in-state studs that UW "lost" to other programs.

In all fairness to Bono, losing the top heavyweight recruit to Minnesota shouldn't be held against him. 49 other states would have lost that recruiting battle also.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 6:20 PM, poorwrestler said:

He was just coming off football season, while mirasola had probably been wrestling all fall. I think Johnson is the better wrestler at hwt but mirasola is better overall since hes really a 195 or 220 pounder.