• Playwire Ad Area

All time heel team

Hammerlock3

Maybe all time heel team is too hard, there aren't enough of us who know/remember guys from the 60's - early 90's.  How about we try from the mid 90's and on? There are plenty of guys to choose from in the last 30 years anyway.

Edited by PSULou64
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, PSULou64 said:

Maybe all time heel team is too hard, there aren't enough of us who know/remember guys from the 60's - early 90's.  How about we try from the mid 90's and on? There are plenty of guys to choose from in the last 30 years anyway.

it just depends on who you'd throw out, i almost put royce alger into the oringinal post but i think that would work.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Depends on how we're defining heels.  I don't think it's necessarily fair to group the different kinds.  I think of heels (within the context of real sports) as guys who showboated unnecessarily on their opponents/general fans and/or displayed outwardly bad sportsmanship; I also believe they have to be good enough where it means something/they can back their talk up:

125:  Thomas Gilman, come on now.  Remember when he ran into the Minnesota huddle?  What a nutjob.

133:  Austin Desanto, unquestionably.  Tony Ramos slander will not stand here, HL3.  He was only boring as a senior!

141:

149: Jordan Oliver

157:  

165: 

174: Ben Askren (I will not honor the Cornell guy who MMA kneed a guy in the face by naming him or putting him in such illustrious company.

184: Bo Nickal (he was his most obnoxious at 197, but I slid him in here to make room for

197: AJ Ferrari

285:  Gable Steveson

To be clear, I loved watching almost all these guys.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, BAC said:

Here's my team.

125:  N. Simmons (starter); T. Gilman (backup); C. Fleeger (backup)

133:  A. DeSanto (starter); T. Ramos (backup)

141:  J. Wilson (starter); T[om]. Brands (backup)

149:  B. Metcalf

157:  B. Jenkins 

165: J. Hendricks (starter); B. Fernandes (backup)

174: B. George (starter); C. Starocci (backup) 

184:  P. Downey

197: AJ Ferrari (starter); J. Trenge (backup)

285:  S. Mocco (starter); J. Henselman (backup) 

Trenge is a questionable choice here.  Are you talking about stuff from high school with Jon Sauve?

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, BAC said:

That's fair.  But hooo boy, if you messed with his eyes...

He had serious eye condition so seems fair enough right? Almost lost vision in his eye.  Furthest thing from a heel I can think of.  Source:  being his old teammate

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 5

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

He had serious eye condition so seems fair enough right? Almost lost vision in his eye.  Furthest thing from a heel I can think of.  Source:  being his old teammate

Aw come on, he's just a back-up.  AJ's the starter.  :]

But I agree, not really a heel.  I was a fan.  Just not many D1 guys to have been DQ'd more than once for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That's gotta get you at least an HM.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, BAC said:

Aw come on, he's just a back-up.  AJ's the starter.  :]

But I agree, not really a heel.  I was a fan.  Just not many D1 guys to have been DQ'd more than once for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That's gotta get you at least an HM.

I'm not trying to change your vote and I don't feel offended - I only felt like I would share a different view since I had a glimpse of him from a teammate perspective 

10 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

obscurity is the ONLY argument against. Gross person.

What's so bad about him? He gets fired up and yells a lot. He isn't big on talking to people either. I can definitely see how people might not like him or think he isn't sociable. But he isn't a bad person who has done shitty things to people out of spite as far as I know. 

Also I'd like to nominate Rollie Peterkin for being a dick by talking smack about Anthony Robles different abledness.

I would also suggest Ryan Lang from Northwestern but his life kind of went to hell so piling on him would make me feel bad.

Leonce Crump for basically just giving up at NCAAs one year and letting Lowney pin him. Then blaming Spates for some reason and quitting the team.

Can't believe nobody mentioned him but the proud product of West Mifflin James Fleming of Clarion U who basically had just one move and rode it to a few AA finishes. So hated that Spates ran out on the mat to stop him during a match and basically everybody said he was a dirty wrestler. The NCAA changed rules because of him. Can't leave him out. 

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Did Strobel hook him up with a therapist to get to the source of his rage?

Edited by Plasmodium

44 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Did Strobel hook him up with a therapist to get to the source of his rage?

There is a documentary about him (Veritas?) and Jon talks about learning how to work through the emotions.

• Fire 3

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.