• Playwire Ad Area

Does Greg kerkvliet have another year of eligibility after this year?

Threadkilla

19 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

And does he plan on wrestling?   PSU doesn't have another true heavyweight in the room.  I know one of the Mirasolas are going to be HW. 

Mirasolas are good, but I almost wonder if they will be supplanted by other top recruits (especially at heavy).  Penn State is so good and the way things have been going, they've been increasing the gap.  Guys at that level are guaranteed starters at some point for most programs.  Not so for this Nittany Lion squad (IMHO)

• Fire 1

These are the upper weights currently in the room behind the starters.  

184    #23 Barr, Josh      FR    7 - 0    
184    #66 Ball, Donovan    JR    1 - 2    
184    #115 Kelly, Jack    SO    0 - 2    

197    #35 Cochran, Lucas    SO    3 - 2    
197    #174 Fricchione, AJ  

It looks like Cole Mirasola is the future at heavy.  

10 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

And does he plan on wrestling?   PSU doesn't have another true heavyweight in the room.  I know one of the Mirasolas are going to be HW. 

Yes he has another year of eligibility and yes, he was interviewed earlier in year and stated he’d be taking his final year

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Mirasolas are good, but I almost wonder if they will be supplanted by other top recruits (especially at heavy).  Penn State is so good and the way things have been going, they've been increasing the gap.  Guys at that level are guaranteed starters at some point for most programs.  Not so for this Nittany Lion squad (IMHO)

Cole Mirasola weighed in at 204 last week.  He definitely needs a redshirt to get bigger. I think in general heavyweights should redshirt their first year.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Cole Mirasola weighed in at 204 last week.  He definitely needs a redshirt to get bigger. I think in general heavyweights should redshirt their first year.

Oh wow, really?  I thought he weighed in right under 213...

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

The free Covid season still messes me up. Feels like Kerk's been around for a while, and I didn't realize that last year was only his RS-soph season.  

4 hours ago, Pish said:

Yes he has another year of eligibility and yes, he was interviewed earlier in year and stated he’d be taking his final year

When Kerk said he'd be taking his final year was there any indication that he meant 2025? Academically, he has to be close to graduating. I'm mostly wondering if he plans on finishing his college career when he graduates or if he'll use a grad transfer to give another program a try for his final season of eligibility.

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

The free Covid season still messes me up. Feels like Kerk's been around for a while, and I didn't realize that last year was only his RS-soph season.  

When Kerk said he'd be taking his final year was there any indication that he meant 2025? Academically, he has to be close to graduating. I'm mostly wondering if he plans on finishing his college career when he graduates or if he'll use a grad transfer to give another program a try for his final season of eligibility.

That's why I asked the question, It still doesn't make sense to me. (equitable)  Kerk can possibly be a 5 time AA (Fix also) and 2 timer.  Starocci can win 5. But guys like Hall (4yrs) and Cenzo (5) didn't get to compete for another year when they ended ranked #1.  

45 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

That's why I asked the question, It still doesn't make sense to me. (equitable)  Kerk can possibly be a 5 time AA (Fix also) and 2 timer.  Starocci can win 5. But guys like Hall (4yrs) and Cenzo (5) didn't get to compete for another year when they ended ranked #1.  

8 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Moore and Pletcher agree...

That really was madness. And the worst part of the NCAA's decision was EVERYONE but them knew it at that time.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

They specifically asked him if he’d be coming back for his final year of eligibility next year and he said “yes he plans on it”. He not going anywhere

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Yep..made no sense what they did. Hall and Cenzo got screwed. But by far the worst screw job that year was Kolodzik. If I recall he sat out 1st semester (planned on Olympic Redshirt). Team was looking good, so he came out of redshirt. Wrestled only a few matches and lost his final year

Edited by Pish
  • Stalling 1