• Playwire Ad Area

Lehigh vs OSU Central

flyingcement

54 minutes ago, ionel said:

Name a time you've ever seen Smith duck a wrestle. 

Just briefly browsing last year’s results could argue he ducked Keckeisen and Marcus Coleman for Wittlake last year.

1/20: Wittlake MD vs Northern Colorado

1/22: Wittlake MD vs WVU

1/28: no Wittlake against UNI

1/29: no Wittlake against ISU

2/3: Wittlake loses to Finesilver

2/5: Wittlake dec vs Colton Hawks

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Just briefly browsing last year’s results could argue he ducked Keckeisen and Marcus Coleman for Wittlake last year.

1/20: Wittlake MD vs Northern Colorado

1/22: Wittlake MD vs WVU

1/28: no Wittlake against UNI

1/29: no Wittlake against ISU

2/3: Wittlake loses to Finesilver

2/5: Wittlake dec vs Colton Hawks

Yeah I don't remember, was it a flu bug or other dinged up and skipped one weekend?  If he was duck'n looks like he should've skipped Michigan also.  

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Lol that you are second guessing whether Smith said Fix would kick Crookham’s butt

I'm not second guessing, I wouldn't be surprised if he said it, but we don't know context and when said.  Those suggesting he'd say it just because Fix is his wrestler I think are wrong and don't know Smith.  Would he have said Plott would kick Starocci's butt?  I don't think so.  He said it because he knows how Fix is wrestling and he's seen Crookham. 

56 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'm not second guessing, I wouldn't be surprised if he said it, but we don't know context and when said.  Those suggesting he'd say it just because Fix is his wrestler I think are wrong and don't know Smith.  Would he have said Plott would kick Starocci's butt?  I don't think so.  He said it because he knows how Fix is wrestling and he's seen Crookham. 

When I say that Fix is his guy I meant more than just a wrestler on his team. Daton has been the center of OSU wrestling for the better part of a decade and has had tremendous success (2,2,2,4 at NCAA's and a world silver medal). He is the face of the program and revered in Stillwater. Crookham is a tough up and comer and I think Smith is more or less saying pump the breaks on this guy until he wrestles my stud (who he thinks will kick Crookhams butt). 

It was an offhand comment during a media interview. Not really something to read too deep into. OKState coaches tend to lean away from PC talk, lol

Crookham is fast though. And strong. So we'll see - maybe

John is definitely not one to duck his wrestlers. If he did, though, I think we know who to thank for setting the precedent of avoiding tough matches until the end of the season 😉

Edited by alex1fly

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Speaking of OSUe, does anyone else think that the kid to the right in the commitment, Jake Hockaday, looks like.          1988 Alan Fried? 

ftfy ... the e goes on the east side, making it easy to remember for guys like MP ... wOSU ... OSU ... OSUe ... its kindve like reading left to right or west to east.  🙂