• Playwire Ad Area

Lehigh vs OSU Central

flyingcement

Just now, flyingcement said:

My original guess of 23-13 was sort of close.  Thing is - its harder to predict who will wrestle than the actual results

I was surprised that Luke Stanich wrestled (sad that he lost... but definitely liked his aggressiveness on the mat!)

D3

• Fire 1

On 12/9/2023 at 1:13 PM, jdalu75 said:

So .... they would've wrestled if they could've, but they could've wrestled but they didn't?

Out of curiosity, did the coach draw a breath in-between the two statements?

We don't know the context of these two statements.  We're they made back to back, did the second statement come first?  The only thing in quotes in the second statement is "could have."  Really no way to know if the two contradict.  

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Again like the previous there's nothing here that directly supports Allen's assertion that Smith says Fix should be ranked #1, he doesn't say that.  Smith says Fix would kick his butt.  What i saw in Fix first match vs Crookham/Witcraft I'd agree and Smith sees Fix v Wit every day in practice.

This is just the sloppy reporting we see these days.  Decide what story you want to write then pull a couple partial quotes to support your story.  Those being interviewed hate this. 

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Again like the previous there's nothing here that directly supports Allen's assertion that Smith says Fix should be ranked #1, he doesn't say that.  Smith says Fix would kick his butt.  What i saw in Fix first match vs Crookham/Witcraft I'd agree and Smith sees Fix v Wit every day in practice.

This is just the sloppy reporting we see these days.  Decide what story you want to write then pull a couple partial quotes to support your story.  Those being interviewed hate this. 

I wasn’t really paying attention to the “who should be ranked #1” line.  

I do think it’s interesting how he says “Fix would kick his butt” after one guy showed up and the other one didn’t though.

30 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I wasn’t really paying attention to the “who should be ranked #1” line.  

I do think it’s interesting how he says “Fix would kick his butt” after one guy showed up and the other one didn’t though.

yeah but we don't know the context of when/how he said it, if he actually did.  I've been interviewed had reported in quotes something that while true I never said, so who knows?

Just now, ionel said:

yeah but we don't know the context of when/how he said it, if he actually did.  I've been interviewed had reported in quotes something that while true I never said, so who knows?

I agree there’s missing context in the “they could’ve wrestled” quotes and him saying “Fix would kick Crookham’s butt” doesn’t necessarily mean Smith thinks Fix should be #1 (because maybe he thinks Vito should be).

But are you saying Smith might not have said Fix could kick his butt?

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I agree there’s missing context in the “they could’ve wrestled” quotes and him saying “Fix would kick Crookham’s butt” doesn’t necessarily mean Smith thinks Fix should be #1 (because maybe he thinks Vito should be).

But are you saying Smith might not have said Fix could kick his butt?

I bet he did say that just that we don't know who he said it.  

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

C’mon it was clearly about Fix and Crookham unless you’re saying Allen deliberately misquoted him.

Autocorrect got me there, that was supposed to be a "when" he said it, as in was it when they were discussing who should be #1, if that discussion even took place.  

45 minutes ago, ionel said:

Autocorrect got me there, that was supposed to be a "when" he said it, as in was it when they were discussing who should be #1, if that discussion even took place.  

Ok, but again IMO Smith saying Fix would kick his butt is more notable than him saying he thinks Fix should be ranked #1

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Ok, but again IMO Smith saying Fix would kick his butt is more notable than him saying he thinks Fix should be ranked #1

It would be notable if Smith said he thought Crookham would beat Fix. Of course he thinks Fix would beat him and that Fix should be #1. That is his guy. 

• Fire 1

For talk like that he really should have wrestled his guy, kind of weak sauce throwing that statement out there after saying he could have gone but chose to hold him out. 

Awful convenient since they won't meet the rest of the regular season, where as Crookham and Vito could wrestle each other up to three more times..........put's Fix in a nice spot as long as he doesn't get upset along the way.....

I mean if you're going to duck then duck, totally get why he did it put fix in line for 1 seed, but don't spew that nonsense afterward........

Edited by Spladle88

2 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

For talk like that he really should have wrestled his guy, kind of weak sauce throwing that statement out there after saying he could have gone but chose to hold him out. 

Awful convenient since they won't meet the rest of the regular season, where as Crookham and Vito could wrestle each other up to three more times..........put's Fix in a nice spot as long as he doesn't get upset along the way.....

I mean if you're going to duck then duck, totally get why he did it put fix in line for 1 seed, but don't spew that nonsense afterward........

Name a time you've ever seen Smith duck a wrestle.  He had two guys injured and they've been out the last 3 events.  Did you actually hear him say any of these things or just going off of two to five word out of context report by a random Xer? 

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, Gus said:

It would be notable if Smith said he thought Crookham would beat Fix. Of course he thinks Fix would beat him and that Fix should be #1. That is his guy. 

Thinks and says are 2 different things.  I think most coaches when asked that question would have said “hopefully we’ll get to see it in March” or something.  I also think it’s notable he used the words “kick his butt” considering he sat Fix.

3 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

Agree.

46 minutes ago, ionel said:

Name a time you've ever seen Smith duck a wrestle.  He had two guys injured and they've been out the last 3 events.  Did you actually hear him say any of these things or just going off of two to five word out of context report by a random Xer? 

Lol that you are second guessing whether Smith said Fix would kick Crookham’s butt