• Playwire Ad Area

Christian Pyles: the bad boy of wrestling

bnwtwg

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I don't particularly care how I am acting on this specific subject, regardless of which social media outlet it is.

It is pathetic and weak-minded to still be on Pyle's gonads about it.  He legitimately showed he had a pair by defending himself, his co-worker(s?), and his product and the first thing every single idiot wants to do is suck on them extensively (the gonads).

It would be pathetic it it was a private conversation via text.  It would be pathetic if it was in a a book or magazine.  It would be pathetic if it were scribed in to ancient stone tablets.

That is what makes it absolutely phucking hilarious.  He isn't winning, he's won.

Speaking of weak minded... you're really going with 'gonad sucking'? Couldn't come up with anything better?

Pyles wasn't winning, hasn't won, and is mostly irrelevant. 80%+ here don't care who he is.

Some guy at Flo... a company that does a half-ass job at representing the wrestling community.

He's got a long way to go to get to winning.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Fire 2

The man is a symptom, not a cause, of the direction Flo decided to move in ~5 years ago, hewing to clickbaity gaslighty snark that is successful on social media. It works, and his style works on social media-focused consumers.  

That same move gutted Flo of the spirit and direction that made it a real torch-bearer for wrestling broadly.  This has been laid out by all the guys who have left.  

Off the top of my head, in its heyday, flo had joe flo, fretwell, roper, mike mal, and our own esteemed host on this platform. All dudes who cared deeply about the sport, and achieved personally therein, coming to flo for a love of the sport. Everything they put out just beamed with enthusiasm.  Early to mid 2010’s flo was incredible.

Nowadays, what % of the guys on the current flowrestling squad actually wrestled? I don’t believe their current flagbearer did.

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

The man is a symptom, not a cause, of the direction Flo decided to move in ~5 years ago, hewing to clickbaity gaslighty snark that is successful on social media. It works, and his style works on social media-focused consumers.  

That same move gutted Flo of the spirit and direction that made it a real torch-bearer for wrestling broadly.  This has been laid out by all the guys who have left.  

Off the top of my head, in its heyday, flo had joe flo, fretwell, roper, mike mal, and our own esteemed host on this platform. All dudes who cared deeply about the sport, and achieved personally therein, coming to flo for a love of the sport. Everything they put out just beamed with enthusiasm.  Early to mid 2010’s flo was incredible.

Nowadays, what % of the guys on the current flowrestling squad actually wrestled? I don’t believe their current flagbearer did.

Leave this here as a reminder when theys officially died in the Moral Fiber department...

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Pyles was a cross country guy, tried wrestling for the first time his senior year in hs. He is what he is, and sometimes his mouth is bigger than his brain, but I guess the sport needs that kind of person to stir up discussion and buzz.  

His cringiest comment though was in an interview a while back where he said something along the lines of, "I went to a D1 college [Old Dominion, RIP] and there was no way I would have been able to make the team, because I was so new to the sport. But knowing what I now know about wrestling, I think I could be a team" - lol, really?

What is the backstory of Mike Mal's departure from Flo?  I really enjoyed his content.  Also, Flo does a few things right and when they have someone like @Jon_Kozak come on this board to discuss his rankings we should encourage it and give Flo or at minimum Kozak props.  That type of engagement is why @Husker_Du is celebrated by us cesspool wrestling fans 

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

I've known CP for years, met him  in person for the first time at WTT last year.  He's a good dude.  I've met @Husker_Du a couple of different times (first in Destin for the first "collegiate duals" event where Iowa and Penn State both wrestled, but chose not to wrestle each other to my everlasting annoyance and again at Vegas where we had a great time at the craps table).  Good dude.  I also have known @Jason Bryant for years.  Good dude, AND he got me a beer at my first NCAA tournament.  I met @Hammerlock3, too, good dude who hates most everybody. 😉  Now, not everybody is everybody's cup of tea, and I will admit I'm particularly forgiving in this area (it takes a lot for me not to like somebody), so it's perfectly ok to not like any of the above, but if you're basing that only on what you've observed in public forums, I can tell you that's not all of who any of these guys are.

I met all those guys through the message boards.  The tone and tenor of the message boards is snarky, and it's carried over to varying degrees in their work (JB least of all by far).  They all love the sport, but Willie is the only one who was successful at the sport as a competitor; this doesn't matter to me, I sucked at wrestling.

Pyles has done some stuff that (rightly) annoyed people, but this is nothing; it's honest and transparent, and we should want more of that.  For so long most of the media coverage has been minimal in terms of direct information, and that's started to change recently.  Pyles and Willie for years (using their various forums) have discussed that the coaches bitch about other teams cheating in recruiting, but nobody will go on the record.  I'm glad for the transparency, and he's right...Borelli was complaining and "punching down" without acknowledging any counterpoint.

EDIT:  Also, this obviously doesn't take into their personal relationships with one another.  Obviously Willie and CP have had very public issues after seeming quite close for years, although there seemed to be some thawing recently.  Obviously Willie's lived experience is obviously more deep than my own in this area, lol.

Edited by VakAttack
  • Fire 2

9 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

Pyles is a turdbiscuit

He hasn't quite reached there yet, bud.

Being the owner and creator of the word, i.e. governing mind behind the description, I can say with direct authority that Pyle is simply a Turd.

Bono is a Turdbiscuit.

21 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I've known CP for years, met him  in person for the first time at WTT last year.  He's a good dude.  I've met @Husker_Du a couple of different times (first in Destin for the first "collegiate duals" event where Iowa and Penn State both wrestled, but chose not to wrestle each other to my everlasting annoyance and again at Vegas where we had a great time at the craps table).  Good dude.  I also have known @Jason Bryant for years.  Good dude, AND he got me a beer at my first NCAA tournament.  I met @Hammerlock3, too, good dude who hates most everybody. 😉  Now, not everybody is everybody's cup of tea, and I will admit I'm particularly forgiving in this area (it takes a lot for me not to like somebody), so it's perfectly ok to not like any of the above, but if you're basing that only on what you've observed in public forums, I can tell you that's not all of who any of these guys are.

I met all those guys through the message boards.  The tone and tenor of the message boards is snarky, and it's carried over to varying degrees in their work (JB least of all by far).  They all love the sport, but Willie is the only one who was successful at the sport as a competitor; this doesn't matter to me, I sucked at wrestling.

Pyles has done some stuff that (rightly) annoyed people, but this is nothing; it's honest and transparent, and we should want more of that.  For so long most of the media coverage has been minimal in terms of direct information, and that's started to change recently.  Pyles and Willie for years (using their various forums) have discussed that the coaches bitch about other teams cheating in recruiting, but nobody will go on the record.  I'm glad for the transparency, and he's right...Borelli was complaining and "punching down" without acknowledging any counterpoint.

EDIT:  Also, this obviously doesn't take into their personal relationships with one another.  Obviously Willie and CP have had very public issues after seeming quite close for years, although there seemed to be some thawing recently.  Obviously Willie's lived experience is obviously more deep than my own in this area, lol.

Boom, uh, unroasted?

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He hasn't quite reached there yet, bud.

Being the owner and creator of the word, i.e. governing mind behind the description, I can say with direct authority that Pyle is simply a Turd.

Bono is a Turdbiscuit.

With all due respect Turdbiscuit has been registered in the Urban Dictionary since 2009  

I however will respect your decision not to give Pyles the full biscuit yet....Hes a turd nugget in my book 

As A Wisconsin fan I agree with Bono's label as a full-blown biscuit. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

With all due respect Turdbiscuit has been registered in the Urban Dictionary since 2009  

I however will respect your decision not to give Pyles the full biscuit yet....Hes a turd nugget in my book 

As A Wisconsin fan I agree with Bono's label as a full-blown biscuit. 

You're welcome for that, btw. 🤣🤣