• Playwire Ad Area

CP calls out Jason Borelli

13 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I felt the coach and Kozak were in line.  Pyles inserting himself was unnecessary and he comes across as his usual self (i.e. not good)

What real impact does the Flo ranking have on his team ?? Seems like someone needs some attention 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

What real impact does the Flo ranking have on his team ?? 

There are only a handful of ranking services and after Intermat, Flo is the most commonly cited I tend to see.  As others mentioned, coaches probably don't feel the need to delve into the nuances between Austin Murphy and Sal Perrine, its easy to defer to the public rankings. 

Just now, flyingcement said:

There are only a handful of ranking services and after Intermat, Flo is the most commonly cited I tend to see.  As others mentioned, coaches probably don't feel the need to delve into the nuances between Austin Murphy and Sal Perrine, its easy to defer to the public rankings. 

Then that’s the coaches problem not flos 

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

Even the smallest staffs have 3-4 coaches. Good learning experience for one coach to be in charge of understanding those differences. Most on here do it with full time jobs. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

Even the smallest staffs have 3-4 coaches. Good learning experience for one coach to be in charge of understanding those differences. Most on here do it with full time jobs. 

I mean fair point on the last sentence.  We all do with full time jobs.  But what is our lens? To be entertained and to predict the winners.

The lens of a coach is - how do I prepare my wrestler for that guy.  And so I feel it is less likely to view in an objective way because why would he?

I mean fair point on the last sentence.  We all do with full time jobs.  But what is our lens? To be entertained and to predict the winners.

The lens of a coach is - how do I prepare my wrestler for that guy.  And so I feel it is less likely to view in an objective way because why would he?

So then this coach either A.)  Has the time to understand it and make the comments he did OR B.) He doesn’t have the time and probably shouldn’t make the comments he did. Which do you think it is??? 

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Then that’s the coaches problem not flos 

As a lower profile school that is overlooked even in the best of times, I'd argue the coach is benefiting the team by being more vocal and visible.  Again, I thought the discourse between he and Kozak was completely above board.

• Fire 2

As a lower profile school that is overlooked even in the best of times, I'd argue the coach is benefiting the team by being more vocal and visible.  Again, I thought the discourse between he and Kozak was completely above board.

Should have been done offline.  

Just now, JimmyBT said:

So then this coach either A.)  Has the time to understand it and make the comments he did OR B.) He doesn’t have the time and probably shouldn’t make the comments he did. Which do you think it is??? 

I think he spends plenty of time evaluating those wrestlers, but not in a way on which he would be emphasizing where they stand in an objective historically based ranking 

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

So you agree. He’s looking for attention??? 

I think he spends plenty of time evaluating those wrestlers, but not in a way on which he would be emphasizing where they stand in an objective historically based ranking 

He obviously thinks it’s wrong so he should have a reason or not bring it up. 

Absolutely- not for him- but for his 

Absolutely- not for him- but for his wrestler

He gave no rebuttals or reasoning for why he thought it was wrong. How does he expect to get it changed without direct dialogue with the guy that did it ???  Pressuring him publicly??? 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

He obviously thinks it’s wrong so he should have a reason or not bring it up. 

I think there is probably a middle ground that made more sense in reality. Dropping 18 spots while remaining undefeated is odd.  Dropping some other moderate amount can be explained away by the Ventresca/Brown response which is fair to me.  

I think it was just what i said: dropping so many spots (18)in the rankings while remaining undefeated.  

Who did he wrestle ?  Who did the other guys wrestle. Sarcastic shots about maybe not getting the correct info is childish 

Whining as a pejorative for calling out what he perceived to be as an injustice against his wrestler and his program.  It's not as bad as it sounds and the world presents these situations to all of us 

What he perceived to be an injustice. Yet he gives zero rebuttal to what he thinks should have happened instead nor why??????   I’ve been presented a situation like this many times. Always handled it one on one with the other individual. 

59 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Yeah there are a couple tournaments where American is sending partial lineup but doesn't say who (perhaps just backups) so it may be that his toughest matchups before conferences are Tucker Owen's (Air Force) and Ethan Berginc (Army).  

Yup should also have #20 Babin of Columbia before EIWA’s

• Fire 1