• Playwire Ad Area

CP calls out Jason Borelli

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Someone let Borelli know that he's still 13 in Intermat rankings  +1 @Husker_Du

Also, let Borelli know that he needs to be more concerned about seeds than rankings, because they are real and stuff. 

Well rankings impact seeds (and at large bids), I think that’s why coaches care about them

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Coaches rankings yes.... Flo rankings? 

I imagine there are quite a few coaches who aren't as 'in-touch' with ranking 33 gents per weight class as some of us are.  The HC gig in NCAA D1 wrestling is insane to manage.

Meaning, I bet they look at rankings/results and such.  Many, if not most, also apply bias towards theirs purposely to manipulate the system - which has been a known corruption for years and years.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Unfortunately, I think their are some busy (or lazy) coaches who don't know every result and use flo/intermat as the basis for their coaches rankings.

Great minds and simple minds often think alike one another.

I know I am pretty simple, but I had you held to higher regard, mate. 😉

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

In reality, does anyone believe coaches' rankings are beneficial? Division 1 HC will not and do not spend time trying to figure out rankings for other team wrestlers. Putting in the proper amount of time and effort would be a waste of their time and a hindrance to their program, is there any other sport that uses coaches' rankings to determine seeds?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Unfortunately, I think there are some busy (or lazy) coaches who don't know every result and use flo/intermat as the basis for their coaches rankings.

Do you have a coaches email distribution list? I would like to send my rankings to them to be considered as well. 

Fortunately, seeding criteria is seeding criteria. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Do you have a coaches email distribution list? I would like to send my rankings to them to be considered as well. 

Fortunately, seeding criteria is seeding criteria. 

I'd like to see fly's included as well, you two do a good job of representing the west third of the country.  

FWIW, although it seems weird and there are a few guys you could nitpick, 125 is a mess and Kozak’s argument for why Maida dropped so much did kinda make sense, particularly in regards to Ventresca.  

And he was polite with his response.

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

FWIW, although it seems weird and there are a few guys you could nitpick, 125 is a mess and Kozak’s argument for why Maida dropped so much did kinda make sense, particularly in regards to Ventresca.  

@Jon_Kozakis and always has been top class.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

And the coaches ranking is part of seeding criteria, correct?

15% of the equation..... so a small part.... You would "think" that by the tine the NCAA rolls around and all matches are done, all conference championships are completed, that the coaches ranking (and other rankings as well) would have less than 18 spots of differentiation.

At the end of the day,  Borelli is overreacting to one ranking in December that at this point doesn't  matter.  It all sorts itself out in the end. Besides, coaches need to do their own work, not rely on Flo...but maybe that's why Borelli is upset. 

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah, it's a two-sided coin.... His wins over Brown and Ventresca looked good early, but not now.  The other side, is that the guy is still undefeated and dropped 18 spots....  at the end of the day, it doesn't matter in December. It will work its way out. 

37 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yeah, it's a two-sided coin.... His wins over Brown and Ventresca looked good early, but not now.  The other side, is that the guy is still undefeated and dropped 18 spots....  at the end of the day, it doesn't matter in December. It will work its way out. 

Hopefully.  It actually looks like Maida won’t see anyone currently ranked between #8-#19 before NCAA’s, although I assume some of them will take some losses and give him a chance to move back up to where he was.

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

15% of the equation..... so a small part.... You would "think" that by the tine the NCAA rolls around and all matches are done, all conference championships are completed, that the coaches ranking (and other rankings as well) would have less than 18 spots of differentiation.

At the end of the day,  Borelli is overreacting to one ranking in December that at this point doesn't  matter.  It all sorts itself out in the end. Besides, coaches need to do their own work, not rely on Flo...but maybe that's why Borelli is upset. 

Just 10% now...they boosted conference placement to 15% at the expense of the CR.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I imagine there are quite a few coaches who aren't as 'in-touch' with ranking 33 gents per weight class as some of us are.  The HC gig in NCAA D1 wrestling is insane to manage.

Meaning, I bet they look at rankings/results and such.  Many, if not most, also apply bias towards theirs purposely to manipulate the system - which has been a known corruption for years and years.

Maybe they look at them while sitting on the "throne". 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Hopefully.  It actually looks like Maida won’t see anyone currently ranked between #8-#19 before NCAA’s, although I assume some of them will take some losses and give him a chance to move back up to where he was.

Yeah there are a couple tournaments where American is sending partial lineup but doesn't say who (perhaps just backups) so it may be that his toughest matchups before conferences are Tucker Owen's (Air Force) and Ethan Berginc (Army).