• Playwire Ad Area

Twisting Knee locks in Neutral

Hammerlock3

This drives me nuts, and I've mentioned it to ncaa refs we'd all recognize and they look at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train.

You're deep on a leg attack, I grab a foot and start twisting it against the knee for no reason, the ref just stops it. why is this not a penalty point? 

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

49 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

its never called ever

In high school, the call is often used when someone tries to get a PD by standing up with legs in, or throwing a leg in after the opponent stands up.  Fairly common, and happened in OT of PA state finals this year.

Repeatedly forcing re-starts by utilizing a referee's PD call is a stall.

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

In high school, the call is often used when someone tries to get a PD by standing up with legs in, or throwing a leg in after the opponent stands up.  Fairly common, and happened in OT of PA state finals this year.

Repeatedly forcing re-starts by utilizing a referee's PD call is a stall.

nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

It actually does, but probably closer to what MidWest is talking about.  Creating  PDs can be construed as stalling, which is a penalty.

I know you want a penalty for an illegal hold, I get it.  It would probably have to become a point of emphasis for officials for this to happen.  Twisting kneelock is illegal, but there probably needs to be a bit clearer definition and emphasis.

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

It actually does, but probably closer to what MidWest is talking about.  Creating  PDs can be construed as stalling, which is a penalty.

I know you want a penalty for an illegal hold, I get it.  It would probably have to become a point of emphasis for officials for this to happen.  Twisting kneelock is illegal, but there probably needs to be a bit clearer definition and emphasis.

yeah we're in agreement that the rules are insufficient

• Fire 1

Got a video of this happening recently?  I can’t think of many examples.  If you can tell they are actually twisting it against the joint, I’d agree it should be a penalty.  But a lot of the times I can think of he’s moreso just holding the ankle for dear life and it gets twisted up in the process of the other guy trying to get a takedown

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Got a video of this happening recently?  I can’t think of many examples.  If you can tell they are actually twisting it against the joint, I’d agree it should be a penalty.  But a lot of the times I can think of he’s moreso just holding the ankle for dear life and it gets twisted up in the process of the other guy trying to get a takedown

pen state lehigh 125 today

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Deakin vs Teamer NCAA semi’s.  This was/is a favorite finish for Deakin, I saw him use it in a number of other matches too.  

He uses it when he hits a sweep single and can’t get out of a wizzer down on the mat, he reaches the outside hand across to the foot of the leg he’s attacking, wraps all the way around to the heel, and just hips in/turns away as hard as possible.  It’s the peewee dirty move special, he made sure to go right to it after teamer put him on his back in a cradle.  It’s effectively an inside heel hook.  It’s disgusting to see and to learn about a wrestler.

• Fire 1