• Playwire Ad Area

Hamiti up at 174

nhs67

13 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

What do you think? Permanent move or a little break from weight cutting to reinvigorate the spirit of these guys? 

I think Hamiti is the current best wrestler and they are trying to win duals that they shouldn't be worries about losing but are worried about losing.

I don't know what his weight is, but presuming he makes it up to 174lbs, he has a little under four weeks to make it back to 165lbs. Meaning it would take just under four werks to descend appropriately.

Soooo... I say if we see him against Ruth in February than he might be staying up.

Long story short: I have no clue.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

29 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think Hamiti is the current best wrestler and they are trying to win duals that they shouldn't be worries about losing but are worried about losing.

I don't know what his weight is, but presuming he makes it up to 174lbs, he has a little under four weeks to make it back to 165lbs. Meaning it would take just under four werks to descend appropriately.

Soooo... I say if we see him against Ruth in February than he might be staying up.

Long story short: I have no clue.

I would like to see that as a test for Hamiti (agsint Ruth).  Ruth is physically strong for the weight class, and some of the guys Hamiti used to have some problems with at 165 were the physical types in Marinelli and Cam Amine

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I would like to see that as a test for Hamiti (agsint Ruth).  Ruth is physically strong for the weight class, and some of the guys Hamiti used to have some problems with at 165 were the physical types in Marinelli and Cam Amine

It could go great for him.  

Speaking from personal experience as a far worse but similarly built athlete from a long time ago, a decision to move up ten pounds and one weight class had me running over guys I couldn’t handle the year before bc “weight management” took it out of me.  It allowed my frame to fill out, sleep better, be better rested and be much stronger

Hamiti might be getting really big in the off-season, or even in-between matches.  It’s hard to bring the heat when your body explodes back up in weight from just seeing calories or hydration.

• Fire 3

15 hours ago, jchapman said:

I really don’t know.  I tend to agree that these appearances at 174 are for dual wins.

Does Wisconsin need to juggle their lineup to beat Drexel and Rider?  If so, that's a rather sad statement for the Badgers.

Edited by lu_alum
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Does Wisconsin need to juggle their lineup to beat Drexel and Rider?  If so, that's a rather sad statement for the Badgers.

Yes they did.  They were close.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me