• Playwire Ad Area

Christian Pyles as Move-by-Move Matside Announcer

KennyEBHS

I enjoy Pyle.

I enjoy most, though.

It probably goes along something like the old "If you're looking for a problem you're going to find it."

Go in to every match open-minded and if you don't want to, then turn the volume down.

One thing I actually appreciated about CKLV was it did appear that Pyle was attempting to coach Kozak in his play-by-play.  They would alternate and a few times they didn't shut their mic off in between and it seemed like he was giving pointers or suggestions (really they were just talking).  Kozak seems a natural, as it were, so there isn't much needed there to get him there, too.

I would much prefer Ollie(sp?) than Rader.  I think Rader's personality may take him far, as long as he doesn't rub too many people the wrong way, but as a caller I am not really a fan of - at this point.  I don't know how Ollie does, or would do, but I do prefer him on FRL than JD as well.  Not to say I don't want Rader on FRL, as I do enjoy him too.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Like Ollie.  Miss Kyle...

Bratke is on here.

I have him traced to at least seven different usernames, only five of them burners.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Why are people so tough on Pyle?

A lot of people hate Flo, period.  A lot of people side with Martin and dislike the "new" (not at all new anymore) regime at Flo.  Pyles represents that regime as he's been a total company man the whole time, and was rapidly elevated to running all of wrestling content when others were moved out of the way.  He also has had public falling-out's with a few of their former guys, including the purveyor of this site. 

Other people dislike him for trying to stick by Nomad after that whole thing.  There's an extreme hyper-vocal minority on Twitter that love to go after him over literally anything, and I think that tends to overinflate the feeling that he's hated.  

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie said:

A lot of people hate Flo, period.  A lot of people side with Martin and dislike the "new" (not at all new anymore) regime at Flo.  Pyles represents that regime as he's been a total company man the whole time, and was rapidly elevated to running all of wrestling content when others were moved out of the way.  He also has had public falling-out's with a few of their former guys, including the purveyor of this site. 

Other people dislike him for trying to stick by Nomad after that whole thing.  There's an extreme hyper-vocal minority on Twitter that love to go after him over literally anything, and I think that tends to overinflate the feeling that he's hated.  

Mineo's crew rabidly goes after the Flo in general and Pyle in particular,  It is almost crazy how they try to impress each other by demonstrating the hate.  Brock Hardy's brother is one of the more vocal haters.

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie said:

It's weird because I actually find myself defending Pyle all the time because people tend to and enjoy creating or twisting misinformation to paint him the villain of every story.  It's wild.

Like... the guy is a turdbiscuit enough as it is... don't make shit up to exacerbate it.  Use the facts that already exist, FFS.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Mineo's crew rabidly goes after the Flo in general and Pyle in particular,  It is almost crazy how they try to impress each other by demonstrating the hate.  Brock Hardy's brother is one of the more vocal haters.

Minnow likes to have his own little micro-peen circle-jerk contests weekly.  He lets the guys who won't pick on him in on it more than the rest.

• Fire 1

I don't find Pyles' commentary abrasive or bothersome. I think he does a pretty solid job but maybe that's a result of slim pickings. In either case, I don't mute him when watching a match.

I generally like more play-by-play commentary in a tournament setting because it allows me to be aware of major action even when I step away for a moment to micturate or something. 

To each their own, of course.

Count me in as one of the ones that doesn't understand the CP hate.