• Playwire Ad Area

Lindenwood to Drop Men's Wrestling

29 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

What you took from what I said and what I said aren’t the same. Let me clarify - if you aren’t coming to the table with big money, university administrators aren’t going to consider saving sports. What they claim and what they’ll actually listen to is all dependent upon how many zeros are in the check, provided it’s not only zeros. That’s what I mean with “money talks” in this instance. It’s not about the revenue or tuition money these sports bring in - once schools move to D1, they seem to bail out on that economic model.

Money talks is a more accurate statement. Because even in instances where it may not be about money, money still speaks very loudly. I can get on board for that. But I don't think the disrespect  male wrestling is receiving from D1 schools and the sports world in general is ABOUT money.

22 hours ago, ionel said:

The Nebraska football coach recently discussed what it takes to get a top football QB - $1-2M.  We know top wrestling programs are pay 6 figures per year.  Look at Oregon St, they lost their conference and prob TV contract, the b10 just stole their FB coach the money sport.  How long can their non-revenue sports survive, they are now competing in a state with Oregon and their massive new TV money.  The Lindenwoods don't even have a chance, this is just the tip of the NIL iceberg.  😞

I'm not sure we should listen to the opinion of the football coach from Nebraska. Seeing as how it was a football coach from Nebraska that convinced the UN-Omaha staff to drop their wrestling program..

UN-L football can kick rocks.