• Playwire Ad Area

Sweet Lou Kachiroubas

Wrestleknownothing

Wkn should get the benefit of the doubt.  He isn't a rolling turdbiscuit nor has he ever been in any sort of that capacity on these or any forums.

That said, I am sorry for my part in exacerbating the douche here.

@Interviewed_at_Weehawken, I would like to move on to the CKLV.  Can we have a badass day with that?

• Fire 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Wkn should get the benefit of the doubt.  He isn't a rolling turdbiscuit nor has he ever been in any sort of that capacity on these or any forums.

That said, I am sorry for my part in exacerbating the douche here.

@Interviewed_at_Weehawken, I would like to move on to the CKLV.  Can we have a badass day with that?

Absolutely.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Thanks goodness for men like your grandfather.  35 missions is a tall order! 

Listening to Rob Koll talk about his father in WWII is also very inspiring.  I think Koll stated that the only trophies on display in his home are Bill Koll's medals.

Getting a little off-topic here but what's new - haha. My grandfather is front row, second from left. He was the pilot in B17's and B24's.   He could have gotten out after 20 missions, but he stayed the course until the war was over. The toughness of these 10 men is incredible. To all veterans on our board.... Thank you for your service. 

spacer.png

• Fire 5

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Getting a little off-topic here but what's new - haha. My grandfather is front row, second from left. He was the pilot in B17's and B24's.   He could have gotten out after 20 missions, but he stayed the course until the war was over. The toughness of these 10 men is incredible. To all veterans on our board.... Thank you for your service. 

spacer.png

Great pic! I think earlier in the war, the let you rotate out after 20 missions (as you mentioned).  Later in the war, that turned into 30 missions because casualties were so high that they were (presumably) having personnel shortages (or could forsee them).

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, Idaho said:

spacer.png

This is so fckn cool.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

spacer.png

Screenshot_20231201-081835_Chrome.jpg.ae89afc48d7f8868cf6c92eeb433e13e.jpg

Not the best photo, have better somewhere but my great uncle (grandfather's youngest brother) and crew.  He was a Captain and the pilot.  Last training was out of Pocatello.  Recollection from talking to co-pilot (he was from ID) he an co-pilot flew the long trip from Pocatello to Africa then southern Italy, picked up full crew in Africa.  If ever in Cannes France on July 4th they have an event every year at the crash site.  I was there for 50th and 75th as well as one or two other times.  

• Fire 3

44 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

That would have been a long time ago.  It was in effect in the 80s and 90s, at least for D1.

Even actually late 60s, I believe. @pmilk was one of the first to actually wrestle as a freshman. There was some redshirting going on but I don't remember it being used that much until a few years later.

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, ionel said:

Not the best photo, have better somewhere but my great uncle (grandfather's youngest brother) and crew.  He was a Captain and the pilot.  Last training was out of Pocatello.  Recollection from talking to co-pilot (he was from ID) he an co-pilot flew the long trip from Pocatello to Africa then southern Italy, picked up full crew in Africa.  If ever in Cannes France on July 4th they have an event every year at the crash site.  I was there for 50th and 75th as well as one or two other times.  

Great stuff..... love learning about all the accounts that come out of WW2 and the sacrifices made. Thanks for sharing. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

I love how thankful the French are for US efforts in WWI and WWII.

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I love how thankful the French are for US efforts in WWI and WWII.

This is very true.  Its been 75+ years and they don't forget, are always very grateful when I've been over.