• Playwire Ad Area

Lindenwood vs Bellarmine - Live now on ESPN+

flyingcement

Last year they had Lindenwood at home, came down to the last match with Huff (current HWT) getting the win for Bellarmine

They beat Kentucky Wesleyan, a D2, a few weeks ago for the home opener and have been on the road since 

Coach Shuck is building great things in Louisville

• Fire 2

6 minutes ago, nick said:

Last year they had Lindenwood at home, came down to the last match with Huff (current HWT) getting the win for Bellarmine

They beat Kentucky Wesleyan, a D2, a few weeks ago for the home opener and have been on the road since 

Coach Shuck is building great things in Louisville

I lived in Cincinnati between 1990 and 1992 and we went down to Louisville as a family a few times and always enjoyed it.  I find myself rooting for them to succeed

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I lived in Cincinnati between 1990 and 1992 and we went down to Louisville as a family a few times and always enjoyed it.  I find myself rooting for them to succeed

I love a good day trip up to Cincinnati, hitting up Jungle Jim’s, IKEA, and stopping for pizza next to campus. 

Bellarmine’s biggest issue will always be its cost and academics (to get in). However it’s a great campus, located pretty much in the heart of Louisville and right next to the Highlands, their wrestling room has upgrades in the future, and I think they are in a great spot for recruiting (you have the Indy/Cinci/Nashville sorta triangle)

I don’t have much to say about Lindenwood, we always got the short stick at the other Lindenwood campus when it was still around.

• Fire 2

27 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/2023/12/1/general-athletic-department-special-announcement.aspx

To say I'm highly disappointed in them is a massive understatement.

This has me sick to my stomach. To have grown up 15 minutes from the University this is a sad, sad day. I spent a lot of hours watching and attending both dual meets and Tournaments, both College and Little League at Lindenwood. Can’t believe it for one bit at the moment that they are dropping the most successful sport they’ve ever had. Unbelievable is an understatement. Is this what happens when you try to be bigger than what you should be? D2 was for us, not D1. Terrible, just terrible. 

• Stalling 1

3 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

This has me sick to my stomach. To have grown up 15 minutes from the University this is a sad, sad day. I spent a lot of hours watching and attending both dual meets and Tournaments, both College and Little League at Lindenwood. Can’t believe it for one bit at the moment that they are dropping the most successful sport they’ve ever had. Unbelievable is an understatement. Is this what happens when you try to be bigger than what you should be? D2 was for us, not D1. Terrible, just terrible. 

My condolences brother.  It even saddened me as an outsider

• Fire 1