• Playwire Ad Area

Lock Haven / Wyatt Henson

Antitroll2828

Any idea why Henson hasn’t wrestled in any duals? He has wrestled in multiple opens and is 10-1 and beat some solid guys but hasn’t wrestled in either dual, He doesn’t have a redshirt available and the guy whose been manning the 141 spot hasn’t been good at all, with Henson in the lineup Lock Haven might have been able to upset Arizona State which would have been a huge W for the program…He wrestled the weekend before and after the dual 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Any idea why Henson hasn’t wrestled in any duals? He has wrestled in multiple opens and is 10-1 and beat some solid guys but hasn’t wrestled in either dual, He doesn’t have a redshirt available and the guy whose been manning the 141 spot hasn’t been good at all, with Henson in the lineup Lock Haven might have been able to upset Arizona State which would have been a huge W for the program…He wrestled the weekend before and after the dual 

Is it possible he isn't eligible to compete for the team yet?  Was he officially attached and donning the Lock Haven garb at the tournaments?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Is it possible he isn't eligible to compete for the team yet?  Was he officially attached and donning the Lock Haven garb at the tournaments?

Just read an article saying he won M.A.C. Athlete of the week wrestling unattached at the Shorty Hitchcock so it seems that may be the case…I know it’s his 3rd Transfer in 3 years but I thought kids were allowed to leave without penalty if their coach left 

he is ranked by every ranking service and in all the write ups from Lock Haven make it seem like he ll be competing for the team at some point 

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

FWIW the only D1 starter he’s beaten so far this year is the guy from Sacred Heart.  Seems like a low bar for athlete of the week.

Is it the MAC...

No Mizzou, UNI, or CMU of old.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Also odd because wasn’t there just a thread where someone said “when was the last time you heard of a wrestler being academically ineligible?”

Guess they jinxed it.  Hopefully Henson gets his grades back on track

Edited by 1032004

52 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Also odd because wasn’t there just a thread where someone said “when was the last time you heard of a wrestler being academically ineligible?”

Alvarez at Oklahoma st has to sit the 1st semester because he's transferred a few times . I believe thats whats going on with Henson as well

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

If he has to sit first semester it’s because it’s a 3rd transfer , nothing to do with grades

Second time transfers have to sit a year unless their waiver is approved. They must meet the criteria to have it approved.

A wrestler could sit a semester if it was academic - credits earned.  

Yes it is true that a school can deny a transfer - several cases of this in recent years. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

46 minutes ago, Corby said:

Alvarez at Oklahoma st has to sit the 1st semester because he's transferred a few times . I believe thats whats going on with Henson as well

Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking that he never actually attended Iowa but I see that he did

so I guess he won't be wrestling at the Collegiate Duals in December. Lock Haven has NC State, Ohio State, and Northern Iowa at that event, so he would potentially face Jack, Mendez, and Happel respectively.  FWIW, wrestlestat has him losing by major to all 3. Tough comp, it would be nice to see him wrestle those guys and get a better idea of where he stands early in the season.