• Playwire Ad Area

CKLV Preseeds

nhs67

31 minutes ago, creek chub said:

Flo’s projections are interesting for 149-174. All seem plausible but it’ll be interesting to see how it shakes out. They have Henson winning 149. He’ll have to take out Parco in the semis. They have very similar styles and it’ll be a great match

I don't have Henson making the semi-finals, if these seeds stay true.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

If preseeds hold to seeds, these are my possibly not-not maybe but probably isn't bias semi-finals and finals

SF - Volk over Ramos, DeAugustino over Kaylor
F - DeAugustino over Volk

SF - Fix over Chlebov, Frost over Orine
F - Fix over Frost

SF - Echemendia over Lemley, Mendez over Cornella
F - Echemendia over Mendez

SF - Swiderski over Arrington, Lamer over Parco
F - Lamer over Swiderski

SF - Lewan over Robb, Shapiro over Gallagher
F - Lewan over Shapiro

SF - Carr over Ramirez, Amine over Olejnik
F - Amine over Carr

SF - Griffith over Wittlake, Kharchla over Gaitan
F - Griffith over Kharchla

SF - Keckeisen over Plott, Foca over Munoz
F - Foca over Keckeisen

SF - Sloan over Smith, Hidlay over Allred
F - Hidlay over Sloan

SF - Hendrickson over Fernandes, Davison over Bastida
F - Davison over Hendrickson

DISCLAIMER: These are not my actual predictions... some are most aren't - those will wait until I see the actual brackets.

• Fire 2

Uh oh Schultzy is protecting his seed again.

Very concerned for Hendrickson/Davison. While Davison is definitely a 15-25% to make NCAA finals type, if Hendrickson is as banged up as we all think then he is going to have a not-so-fun weekend and he may not even make it to the finals. And if he is healthier than we think then what does that say about Kerk?

Curious to see how Bastida performs with a full slate of dancing bears. Historically, and especially recently, successful undersized heavies are prolific offensive machines and that is certainly not how anyone would categorize Bastida. But I also would not be surprised to see him run through the bracket. He will be a bad matchup throughout the course of the season and that theme begins this weekend.

i am an idiot on the internet

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Lamar over Henson ? That’s a bold pick

Did you miss this part...

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

If preseeds hold to seeds, these are my possibly not-not maybe but probably isn't bias semi-finals and finals

...or this part...

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

DISCLAIMER: These are not my actual predictions... some are most aren't - those will wait until I see the actual brackets.

?

Based on possibly not-not maybe but probably not bias not-actual prediction predictions, I've got Fauxbun paying back his debts, Ferraris working out at Iowa and BIden turning the economy around...oh and Munoz winning it at 184. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

30 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Curious to see how Bastida performs with a full slate of dancing bears. Historically, and especially recently, successful undersized heavies are prolific offensive machines and that is certainly not how anyone would categorize Bastida. But I also would not be surprised to see him run through the bracket. He will be a bad matchup throughout the course of the season and that theme begins this weekend.

Bastida will have earned it if he wins... this is his potential path

VS McDermott (Oregon State)
VS Trephan (NC State), Nevills(Maryland)
VS Davison (Michigan), Ghadiali (Campbell, Catka (Virginia Tech)
VS Hendrickson (Air Force), Gordon (Northern Iowa), Griess (Navy), Feldman (the Ohio State), Fernandez (Cornell)

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Based on possibly not-not maybe but probably not bias not-actual prediction predictions, I've got Fauxbun paying back his debts, Ferraris working out at Iowa and BIden turning the economy around...oh and Munoz winning it at 184

I see what you did there...

I wouldn't mind that.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Bastida will have earned it if he wins... this is his potential path

VS McDermott (Oregon State)
VS Trephan (NC State), Nevills(Maryland)
VS Davison (Michigan), Ghadiali (Campbell, Catka (Virginia Tech)
VS Hendrickson (Air Force), Gordon (Northern Iowa), Griess (Navy), Feldman (the Ohio State), Fernandez (Cornell)

Interested top see this since some wrote him off at HWT due to the bump up.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I'd be shocked if Chittum doesn't wrestle above his 11 seed. 

Iowa State looks like it has major potential to overperform their seeds at 125, 141, 149, 157, and 184.

I almost put 197 in there, but as of right now I wouldn't even pick him last in a 3rd grade dodgeball tournament.  Not after that lifeless effort on Sunday.

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Interested top see this since some wrote him off at HWT due to the bump up.

He beat Fernandes last year.  I accepted then that if the rumors that he was coming in over 220lbs the Mondays after tournaments were true that he would have very little difficulty being a 235lbs HWT while maintaining his neutral prowess.

• Fire 1

Just now, Idaho said:

Top = To .... it's an Idaho spelling thing. 

Ah!

To me he is still nearly an unknown at heavyweight.

I could see him blowing through this weight and winning a neutral battle with Hendrickson.

I could also see him struggling against a guy like Nevills because that would be his second dancing bear in a row (at least) and maybe the weight gets to him a bit - in a tournament setting.  I don't think it will.  I think he is a rather safe bet to see the semi-finals.  I am more concerned about Davison's potential match with Ghadiali than I am about any of Bastida's pre-semi (potential) opponents.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He beat Fernandes last year.  I accepted then that if the rumors that he was coming in over 220lbs the Mondays after tournaments were true that he would have very little difficulty being a 235lbs HWT while maintaining his neutral prowess.

Fernandes was nursing an injury that took him out of the rest of the season (hip surgery afterwards).

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Ah!

To me he is still nearly an unknown at heavyweight.

I could see him blowing through this weight and winning a neutral battle with Hendrickson.

I could also see him struggling against a guy like Nevills because that would be his second dancing bear in a row (at least) and maybe the weight gets to him a bit - in a tournament setting.  I don't think it will.  I think he is a rather safe bet to see the semi-finals.  I am more concerned about Davison's potential match with Ghadiali than I am about any of Bastida's pre-semi (potential) opponents.

Agree...I think Younger than Dave Bastista is going to have a good run this season. He looked a decent size in the dual.... my guestimation would be in the 235 range, but I never worked at the fair guessing weights. He also looked in pretty good shape. 

18 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Fernandes was nursing an injury that took him out of the rest of the season (hip surgery afterwards).

I know and I know the match could go very different if they meet again.  What I meant by it was regarding potential size problems with going Heavyweight.

45 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Agree...I think Younger than Dave Bastista is going to have a good run this season. He looked a decent size in the dual.... my guestimation would be in the 235 range, but I never worked at the fair guessing weights. He also looked in pretty good shape. 

image.thumb.png.9915b752a4d0e99b6816d7c06f0de639.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I don't have Henson making the semi-finals, if these seeds stay true.

There’s some hammers he’ll have to beat to get to the semis but so far, he’s looking dominant and improved over last year’s true freshman performance. 

Andonian catches Shapiro early. That oughta be interesting if Shapiro lives up to the hype. VT and Cornell have a dual too so these guys might wrestle at least 3 times this year