• Playwire Ad Area

Over/Under on Ferraris in Iowa's lineup for B10's: 1.5

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I don't know how anyone who wrestles from the knees isn't immediately banged for stalling. 

He was at the Open shortly after his title.  He was basically on his knees the whole time against the actual Italian Stallion Ben Honis.  Much can be implied there.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, 1032004 said:

honestly I think there was a rumor they gave him a house or something?

so, are they just sitting on it? I could see why they would be secretive, if there isn't a lead up to his debut the hype will drown out a lot of the negative media. Plus the brands aren't beyond silly theatrics.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

6 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

so, are they just sitting on it? I could see why they would be secretive, if there isn't a lead up to his debut the hype will drown out a lot of the negative media. Plus the brands aren't beyond silly theatrics.

Who's they? I assume AJ and Anthony are aiming to enroll by the second semester so it's likely not a done deal yet. 

But if "they" is the coaching staff, Tom isn't exactly the most forthcoming with news anyway.  He barely even acknowledged the gambling stuff until his recent tirade about people asking the wrong questions to the wrong people.

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Who's they? I assume AJ and Anthony are aiming to enroll by the second semester so it's likely not a done deal yet. 

But if "they" is the coaching staff, Tom isn't exactly the most forthcoming with news anyway.  He barely even acknowledged the gambling stuff until his recent tirade about people asking the wrong questions to the wrong people.

yeah thats all potentially correct. guess i didn't think about what a black eye it would be for iowa if they announced him and he didn't get in.

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Do you think there should be more “negative media” around Ferrari as opposed to Echemendia?  Their situations (at least the ones involving the law) are pretty similar

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Do you think there should be more “negative media” around Ferrari as opposed to Echemendia?  Their situations (at least the ones involving the law) are pretty similar

i'm not hyper familiar with either but based on my current knowledge yes.

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

interesting. My knowledge around Sketchy Echy's troubles center around what he did to his wife. As far as I know, there is a whole lot more documented regarding AJ's other extracurriculars

5 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

interesting. My knowledge around Sketchy Echy's troubles center around what he did to his wife. As far as I know, there is a whole lot more documented regarding AJ's other extracurriculars

Yes but IMO most of the ire against AJ seems to be due to the charges, which were similar to Echemendia’s I believe.  Actually I believe Echemendia  was charged with a felony and AJ was not?

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yes but IMO most of the ire against AJ seems to be due to the charges, which were similar to Echemendia’s I believe.  Actually I believe Echemendia  was charged with a felony and AJ was not?

I remember much was said about Sketchy Echy when the details came out. I just don't recall the exact details myself, other than it seemed like there was a universal and strongly negative response from the community? "Title IX is ripe for reform" would probably defend him though

21 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Do you know if echy is still married to said lady? 

58 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I remember much was said about Sketchy Echy when the details came out. I just don't recall the exact details myself, other than it seemed like there was a universal and strongly negative response from the community? "Title IX is ripe for reform" would probably defend him though

Yeah I think there was at the time, but haven’t seen a whole lot this year.  I’m guessing some Iowa fans would have said some things but didn’t want to look like too big of hypocrites if they didn’t say the same about AJ.

Although of course we don’t know if the reaction to AJ if he actually takes the mat for Iowa will be much different…

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

With Echemendia, you have the shady age related allegations, where some contend that he may have been in his 20s wrestling in high school and Fargo.  Then you have the felony where he allegedly attempted to strangle his female significant other.  (Not sure if they are still married or ever were married.) Then if you search her name, you can find at least one other public altercation between the two.  It pops right up.  Those are just his google trophies.  Who knows what else is out there? It was enough to get Ohio State to cut ties.