• Playwire Ad Area

Senior Nationals (US Olympic Trials Qualifier) - Dec. 15-17

SocraTease

of course, they care about wrestling as much as us.
I mean some don't even send a rep at non Olympic weights.... I just wonder if every 4 years the outrage is the same as it is domestically,

"I can't believe there's only 6 weights, what about this tweener who would stand a decent chance of placing at our national tournament, now he has to wait a year to compete at his more natural weight"

1 minute ago, Spladle08 said:

I mean some don't even send a rep at non Olympic weights.... I just wonder if every 4 years the outrage is the same as it is domestically,

"I can't believe there's only 6 weights, what about this tweener who would stand a decent chance of placing at our national tournament, now he has to wait a year to compete at his more natural weight"

well it depends on the country. I guess there is a lot less outrage in jamiaca 

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

5 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

its possible i don't notice the outrage because I consider the issue boring and pointless to talk about and just skip it.

• Fire 1

its possible i don't notice the outrage because I consider the issue boring and pointless to talk about and just skip it.
I see your point and turn my attention to Alirez over McKenna .

Lee takes a loss and Inj Def out

Pantelo doesn't end up having the gas .

Quincy Monday, not so fast. What a tournament from Josh Shields (long shot)

Ringer in the new year .

We need a little Moore from Kollin, nasty Nate gets it done

Dom Bradley might be old, but old is Gold here .

17 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

However I don't like Suriano as our rep. Just feel like it's very unlikely he separates from anyone good. The Metcalf approach just isn't the way

First time I have ever seen Suriano get a Metcalf comparison. One shoots, shoots, shoves, and shoots some more until his opponent would be broken the next match. The other might take one shot the entire match if his opponent gets close enough to the edge.

That said, Suriano is quality and finished higher than Gilman to win a senior rankings tournament in an olympic year (Jan '21 at Henri Deglane). Many picked him to win the olympic spot a few months later until he tested positive for covid.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

First time I have ever seen Suriano get a Metcalf comparison. One shoots, shoots, shoves, and shoots some more until his opponent would be broken the next match. The other might take one shot the entire match if his opponent gets close enough to the edge.
That said, Suriano is quality and finished higher than Gilman to win a senior rankings tournament in an olympic year (Jan '21 at Henri Deglane). Many picked him to win the olympic spot a few months later until he tested positive for covid.
I was among those who thought he might win the spot.

But it wasn't due to his offensive prowess.

Yeah maybe the only similarity with Metcalf is the extremely tight matches. Just saying it can get a little wild out there and I want a 57kg guy who can score.

We'll see. I want to be sold on Lee. But I just can't. If the match happens. Give me Push Ups

11 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Interesting. Assuming those are up-to-date, not seeding Nicky Quualudes seems like a major oversight.

its understandable, but some seeding meetings just try to find good criteria and cram it down. Its kind of admirable because you eliminate the possisbility for corruption while guaranteeing the accusation of incompetence. 

56 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Yeah maybe the only similarity with Metcalf is the extremely tight matches. Just saying it can get a little wild out there and I want a 57kg guy who can score.

We'll see. I want to be sold on Lee. But I just can't. If the match happens. Give me Push Ups

what are you even going on about? Suriano and Metcalf are nothing alike.

Tight matches? I'll admit Metcalf was less dynamic in freestyle but to suggest that he is similar to Suriano because of "tight matches" is like comparing lube to water because they are both liquid

what are you even going on about? Suriano and Metcalf are nothing alike.
Tight matches? I'll admit Metcalf was less dynamic in freestyle but to suggest that he is similar to Suriano because of "tight matches" is like comparing lube to water because they are both liquid
Yeah, I think in the post you quoted. I said maybe the only similarity is the close matches....... Meaning, "I admit I was wrong in the comparison" but I'll double down on neither can gain separation and at the lighter weights it's hard to coinflip 3-2 decisions enough times in a row to earn a medal .

1 hour ago, Spladle08 said:

If you want someone who can light up the scoreboard in a hurry then Lee is your guy

If you want someone proven who can create his own offense but has come up just short against the best in the world (silver in 18, barely missed merkle against Uguev in olympics) then Gilman is your guy

If you want the dude who beat Suriano and Gilman to win the most recent spot along with a number of other quality international victories then Richards is your guy

If you want high octane reigning world champ but comes with the price of a heavy cut then Vito is your guy

If you want to cheer for Daton Fix then that's great. I guess I will root for him too if he wins the 57 spot again 🤣

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, bnwtwg said:

If you want someone who can light up the scoreboard in a hurry then Lee is your guy

If you want someone proven who can create his own offense but has come up just short against the best in the world (silver in 18, barely missed merkle against Uguev in olympics) then Gilman is your guy

If you want the dude who beat Suriano and Gilman to win the most recent spot along with a number of other quality international victories then Richards is your guy

If you want high octane reigning world champ but comes with the price of a heavy cut then Vito is your guy

If you want to cheer for Daton Fix then that's great. I guess I will root for him too if he wins the 57 spot again 🤣

HAHAHAHAHAHAH GO FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Metcalf and Suriano are about as alike as fire and water.  Different styles, personalities, and pretty much everything else under the sun.

the comparison is still interesting. Suriano has better position, metcalf more offensive...interesting to think how they benefit or suffer from free vs folk circumstances.....suriano wrestles a very modern stiyle, metcalf very mid 90s...hard to gather my thoughts.

• Fire 1

Richards- I dont want 
Suriano- I'll accept but meh, won't be enthused. 
Vito, Gilman, Fix, Lee...... I'm an Oklahoman so "Go Fix" but regardless of who gets the spot, I favor them all vs the reigning world champ.  (I genuinely wouldn't be bothered by any of them) ..... 
Clearly a Lee who beats the domestic field would be a force. (But we'll see) 

• Fire 1