• Playwire Ad Area

10 point Major?

Eagle26

Taylor brought this up at the all star classic and I thought it was a good idea. With 3 point takedowns and 2,3,4 point near fall, the major decision should probably be adjusted to 10 points. I always thought that 15 for a tech fall was a little high so I’m ok with keeping that where it is but I think the MD should go up to 10. A prime example was the 125 match which was about as close as a match as you can get, but the score ended up as a major decision (Ramos was up 3-2, Noto goes for a desperation move and gives up 7). If one move can get you 7 points now, a major needs to be more than 8 points. Plus 10 and 15 would be easy numbers for the casual fan. What do you all think?

• Fire 7

30 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How does he feel about 10 point techs in freestyle?  One move can get you 18 points…

Personally, I would prefer we actually require a new hold to score multiple turns. Overall, I think the current freestyle rules are great, but that’s one rule that I would go back to go. I know they want more points and that’s cool, but I think it can rob us of some great wrestling…but that’s a different topic 🙂

• Fire 2

Since the new 3-pt TD makes it so much easier to accumulate points, and so much less likely to see more falls, how about this --

Eliminate the major decision;

Keep the tech fall at 15 match points, but award just four team points.

Think maybe we'll see fewer catch-and-release bouts?

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Taylor brought this up at the all star classic and I thought it was a good idea. With 3 point takedowns and 2,3,4 point near fall, the major decision should probably be adjusted to 10 points. I always thought that 15 for a tech fall was a little high so I’m ok with keeping that where it is but I think the MD should go up to 10. A prime example was the 125 match which was about as close as a match as you can get, but the score ended up as a major decision (Ramos was up 3-2, Noto goes for a desperation move and gives up 7). If one move can get you 7 points now, a major needs to be more than 8 points. Plus 10 and 15 would be easy numbers for the casual fan. What do you all think?

Yes and maybe 10 & 16/17.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

I'm sold.

Do It Yes GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

10/15 sounds about right.

• Fire 1

10 for a major and 18 for a tech fall.  With Old scoring . 3 takedowns 6pts plus an escape 1 pt plus a near fall 3ps.Riding time 1 pt. Total 11 points. New scoring its 15 points tech fall . 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 1

Get rid of the Technical Fall. You can't pin the opponent, you wrestle the whole match.

10 for a major decision makes sense now with the scoring changes. Or, maybe 12 and no Technical Falls?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Just now, AgaveMaria said:

Get rid of the Technical Fall. You can't pin the opponent, you wrestle the whole match.

10 for a major decision makes sense now with the scoring changes. Or, maybe 12 and no Technical Falls?

That's a thought, go back to superior decision, who doesn't want to see a 40 point match?

• Fire 1

I think it would make sense to raise techs too.  Apparently Bo Bassett teched all 5 of his opponents at the Shorty Hitchcock Open in the first period, 4 of them in under 2 minutes.  Obviously he’s a great wrestler, but might be time to make techs a little harder as well.

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

That's a thought, go back to superior decision, who doesn't want to see a 40 point match?

The object is to PIN the oppenent. If you can't get it done you keep on keepin'on  for the full time.

The occasional 40 point match is the price they pay for not getting it done.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Just now, AgaveMaria said:

The object is to PIN the oppenent. If you can't get it done you keep on keepin'on  for the full time.

The occasional 40 point match is the price they pay for not getting it done.

The reason they did it was because many of the kids weren't even trying for back points. I remember Wisconsin having 50-25 type scores and they kept going for snag singles.

Wait.  If you make the majority of scoring simply higher values.   People score more points.?   Who knew?    Ha.  

I saw someone on fb raving how Mekhi had never had double digit points put up against him    Now I think he was definitely dominated but c* got 2 td + a 4 pt near fall    (And a stall I think)   That’s 3 extra points….   Almost a 30% delta 

it’s been like two weeks.   Can we not make more rule changes until we figure out if it is even a good idea to change the td to 3 points???    

also just call stalling.  And stop changing rules to hope it stops people from stalling (it won’t…. Humans get tired).  

It’s hard enough to compare eras already……..    

10 minutes ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

You are bad at math 

Huh?

5/3=1.667

4/4=1.000

66.7% more... you are going to be a dick about not saying 66.666666666666667%?

Stfu

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

If they were to take away the Tech they would need to implement some sort of stalling protocol so the top guy doesn't just hold someone or use the same cheap tilt 46 times in a match.

Too complicated.

I agree with OP: 10 & 15 make a lot of sense.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

3 to 4 is a 33% increase, math is hard for some 

You understand it was three points for a five second count, correct?  It was changed to four points for a four second count.  You are looking at it in a singular dimension, points, when the scoring involves two dimensions in points and time.

Meaning before with a four swipe you would get two points, now it is four.

You can't maths and it is annoying that you are stupid.  I legitimately laid the math out for you, so it isn't ignorance.

Happy Thanksgiving.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1