• Playwire Ad Area

Programs that need a Coaching change

feet2back

There are a couple of Programs that need better leadership and would improve their Programs

1- Hofstra...The Pride were very good and The Program just keeps going backwards every season in a very good HS wrestling  area...Dennis P. had his shot and it didn't work out

2- Sacred Heart...Get a Coach that will have the capability to have his 50+ wrestlers in a wrestling room that has more then 1 mat..good school in Northeast and close to NJ, PA and NY...right now they have No clue how to get this Program going

4 minutes ago, feet2back said:

There are a couple of Programs that need better leadership and would improve their Programs

1- Hofstra...The Pride were very good and The Program just keeps going backwards every season in a very good HS wrestling  area...Dennis P. had his shot and it didn't work out

2- Sacred Heart...Get a Coach that will have the capability to have his 50+ wrestlers in a wrestling room that has more then 1 mat..good school in Northeast and close to NJ, PA and NY...right now they have No clue how to get this Program going

A good place to start for Sacred Heart would be recruiting Danbury, CT and Ponaganset, RI  very hard and trying to establish a pipeline to the local talent.

9 minutes ago, feet2back said:

I know Sacred Heart has a very limited scholarship fund. Not sure about Hofstra's scholarship situation, but I know they have a very small roster limit and academic standards there are tough. Not making excuses for either school. But I don't think either situation is a 'breeze' to win with. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Gus said:

A good place to start for Sacred Heart would be recruiting Danbury, CT and Ponaganset, RI  very hard and trying to establish a pipeline to the local talent.

Yes. NC State seems to have a lock on Danbury (3 starters).
And the ponagannsett program seems to be doing a better job of recruiting talent than sacred heart does!

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Was Kevin Jack the start of that pipeline?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. 
Now it’s Camacho, Jack, Kovacs. 

Although Danbury seems to be wayyyy down after the retirement of their legendary coach a couple years back. Actually begged out of a dual meet they were going to lose last year. “Too many guys bunged up…”

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

To the best of my knowledge, yes. 
Now it’s Camacho, Jack, Kovacs. 

Although Danbury seems to be wayyyy down after the retirement of their legendary coach a couple years back. Actually begged out of a dual meet they were going to lose last year. “Too many guys bunged up…”

I actually spent a weekend in Danbury once as a young chap - the most memorable thing was the prison and the proximity to NYC.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes. NC State seems to have a lock on Danbury (3 starters).
And the ponagannsett program seems to be doing a better job of recruiting talent than sacred heart does!

7 hours ago, Gus said:

Fun fact the head coach of the Ponaganset program is none other than the infamous Pat Mineos brother, wrestled at Maryland but I think injuries derailed his career 

also has long time Brown head coach Dave Amato on the staff 

Edited by Antitroll2828
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Fun fact the head coach of the Ponaganset program is none other than the infamous Pat Mineos brother, wrestled at Maryland but I think injuries derailed his career 

also has long time Brown head coach Dave Amato on the staff 

You are correct sir. Coach Amato is a good dude and is currently involved in recruiting that tops anything he did at Brown. Staff is doing a fantastic job and they have some legit studs. 

• Fire 1

19 hours ago, Gus said:

I know of the Jack brothers and Camacho, but are there other CT or RI wrestlers that are doing well in D1?

59 minutes ago, Jim L said:

I know of the Jack brothers and Camacho, but are there other CT or RI wrestlers that are doing well in D1?

They have put a few other into D1 from looking at there website including a few that went to Sacred Heart. Novacs (NCSt) is a Danbury kid also. 

• Fire 1