• Playwire Ad Area

You’re the AD…

AnklePicker

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So, no knowledge.

"The future of ISU wrestling is what I care about most." said Douglas. "I wanted to ensure that Cael Sanderson was that future. It is what fueled my decision to step down."

I’ve seen long term coaches step down before. Often there’s some pressure involved. 

25 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know you like that narrative, but In Bobby Douglas' own words, it is not accurate.

https://big12sports.com/news/2006/3/31/1521189.aspx

Actually probably not the best article to post. It makes Cael look pretty bad. Some of those quotes are truly cringe city. 
He had every right to leave; he’s doing an unbelievable job… but not exactly someone you’d want to go into business with. 

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Actually probably not the best article to post. It makes Cael look pretty bad. Some of those quotes are truly cringe city. 
He had every right to leave; he’s doing an unbelievable job… but not exactly someone you’d want to go into business with. 

Your need to be the ballast to every PSU fan, all the time, makes it hard to take you seriously.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Why does a PSU fan come to a discussion on the coaches of the Cyhawk dual and interject the PSU staffs names?

Kind of hard to take that behavior seriously. 

Following the examples of others. The PSU fans did not set the presedence, but when all you have is a PSU hammer you only see PSU nails. Round out your arguments. Try playing a second note.

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Hard to take people seriously when they don’t notice the red line under the word. 

The conclusion you have jumped to is incorrect on two fronts. No red line when typing on my phone. And no red line when the wrong word is spelled correctly. Perhaps your boogie man, Sanderson, is to blame for that too.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

The conclusion you have jumped to is incorrect on two fronts. No red line when typing on my phone. And no red line when the wrong word is spelled correctly. Perhaps your boogie man, Sanderson, is to blame for that too.

Great coach, but can’t control your phone…to my knowledge. Or can he?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

"The future of ISU wrestling is what I care about most." said Douglas. "I wanted to ensure that Cael Sanderson was that future. It is what fueled my decision to step down."

I’ve seen long term coaches step down before. Often there’s some pressure involved. 

I think you’re not quoting the most pertinent one from that article.  It’s this IMO:

”I’m very appreciative of Coach Douglas’s desire to make certain that Cael remains a Cyclone.”

Translation: Cael threatened to leave

• Fire 1

29 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Because I questioned the mention of Penn State coaching staff in a thread completely unrelated to penn state? 

I mean to be fair, it’s not surprising that the PSU staff would be brought up in a thread about “who would you want to lead your program”

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Blasphemy!

Anyone here read Douglas’s biography by Craig Sesker?  I can’t seem to find any actual articles, but this forum post appears to copy an old article with this quote, which is even more direct:

https://d1wrestling.proboards.com/thread/3844/truth-comes-out-cael-sanderson

The Ohio State job had come open and we couldn't risk losing Cael,' Pollard told Sesker. ' ...
Cael told me 'I'm either the head coach at Iowa State or I leave.'