• Playwire Ad Area

CKLV should be a great tournament this year. Some pretty good teams. Can't wait to see how the young guns from Ohio State will do.

Paul158

12 minutes ago, Gus said:

1 Keck

2 Munoz

3 Foca

4 Plott

5 Feldcamp

6 Pinto 

7 Hoffman

8 Kane

Something like that??

Plott above Feldcamp?  Seems a moot point if they swap, but I might.  Returning 7th at the weight VS 6th at a lower weight.  I suppose an argument can be made for Hoffman above Pinto as well - but a moot point.  Also Foca pulled 3rd last year whereas Munoz DNP as well as Munoz losing to Pinto at this tournament last year.

I also think Kane having a loss to a guy in the field that isn't seeded higher than him might drop him a spot or two as well.  I would probably do this, without digging too far...

1 - Keckeisen, Northern Iowa
2 - Foca, Cornell
3 - Feldcamp, Iowa State
4 - Plott, Oklahoma State
5 - Pinto, Nebraska
6 - Munoz, Oregon State
7 - Hoffman, Ohio State
8 - Key, Navy

I can see an argument to move Hoffman up to 5th, as well.  I could also see a point in having Pinto and Munoz above Plott due to Plott recently coming up and having quite a few losses at 174 last year that weren't that great.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Plott above Feldcamp?  Seems a moot point if they swap, but I might.  Returning 7th at the weight VS 6th at a lower weight.  I suppose an argument can be made for Hoffman above Pinto as well - but a moot point.  Also Foca pulled 3rd last year whereas Munoz DNP as well as Munoz losing to Pinto at this tournament last year.

I also think Kane having a loss to a guy in the field that isn't seeded higher than him might drop him a spot or two as well.  I would probably do this, without digging too far...

1 - Keckeisen, Northern Iowa
2 - Foca, Cornell
3 - Feldcamp, Iowa State
4 - Plott, Oklahoma State
5 - Pinto, Nebraska
6 - Munoz, Oregon State
7 - Hoffman, Ohio State
8 - Key, Navy

I can see an argument to move Hoffman up to 5th, as well.  I could also see a point in having Pinto and Munoz above Plott due to Plott recently coming up and having quite a few losses at 174 last year that weren't that great.

Munoz placed 6th at NCAA’s last year tearing his knee in the Semi’s. He is ranked 3rd by all ranking outlets. I think he’s probably the clear 2 seed behind Keck since Foca doesn’t have any matches at 184 yet. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

Munoz placed 6th at NCAA’s last year tearing his knee in the Semi’s. He is ranked 3rd by all ranking outlets. I think he’s probably the clear 2 seed behind Keck since Foca doesn’t have any matches at 184 yet. 

Foca had one at 184 this weekend, although it only lasted :49...

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Munoz still lost to Pinto H2H though.  At the very least Pinto should be ahead of him.

He did place 6th and that is an oversight by me.  I forgot he lost in the semi-finals before defaulting out.

Also, Foca is technically ranked higher than Munoz.

Wrestler - Intermat, Flo, TWR, TOM - AVG
Keckeisen - 1, 1, 1, 1 - 1.00
Truax - 2, 2, 3, 2 - 2.25
Foca - 4, 3, 2, 4 - 3.25
Munoz - 3, 4, 4, 3 - 3.50

Edit: Wrestlestat ratings have it Keck, Foca, Munoz, Truax, fwiw as well.  Semantic, but just saying.

Edited by nhs67

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I have to say... I like it. First time I have had an Avatar or picture thingy. Probably better than the age old "I" 

I. FCKN. LOVE. IT.

OMFG.

YESSSSSSS

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Munoz still lost to Pinto H2H though.  At the very least Pinto should be ahead of him.

He did place 6th and that is an oversight by me.  I forgot he lost in the semi-finals before defaulting out.

Also, Foca is technically ranked higher than Munoz.

Wrestler - Intermat, Flo, TWR, TOM - AVG
Keckeisen - 1, 1, 1, 1 - 1.00
Truax - 2, 2, 3, 2 - 2.25
Foca - 4, 3, 2, 4 - 3.25
Munoz - 3, 4, 4, 3 - 3.50

Edit: Wrestlestat ratings have it Keck, Foca, Munoz, Truax, fwiw as well.  Semantic, but just saying.

They would only seed Pinto over Munoz if you disregard the whole body of work of both wrestlers. Pinto does have the H2H win but he dropped 11 matches last year including multiple losses to guys that did not AA - Finesilver, Assad, Antrassian, Salazar, Cade King, Hunter Bolen, Malcweiski & AbdulRazzaq. Munoz had only 3 losses and lost to Keck, Pinto and then injury defaulted to Finesilver at CKLV. 

23 minutes ago, Gus said:

They would only seed Pinto over Munoz if you disregard the whole body of work of both wrestlers. Pinto does have the H2H win but he dropped 11 matches last year including multiple losses to guys that did not AA - Finesilver, Assad, Antrassian, Salazar, Cade King, Hunter Bolen, Malcweiski & AbdulRazzaq. Munoz had only 3 losses and lost to Keck, Pinto and then injury defaulted to Finesilver at CKLV. 

I see what you're saying.

Something could be said with them still seeding Pinto over Munoz due to it being at this same tournament last year, though.

We will see.  I am starting to think yours were more likely correct than mine.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Something could be said with them still seeding Pinto over Munoz due to it being at this same tournament last year, though.

Pinto is on fire, he doesn't need a high seed.  🚗 🔥 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

It definitely could throw a wrench into seeding that Pinto beat Munoz at this tourney... We shall see.

18 hours ago, Gus said:

It definitely could throw a wrench into seeding that Pinto beat Munoz at this tourney... We shall see.

I would like to not seed Munoz and put up against Pinto in round 1. Let's get down to business. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

I would like to not seed Munoz and put up against Pinto in round 1. Let's get down to business. 

Boooooo!

I think Munoz beats him if (when) they meet again.  I just don't think they can ignore the H2H for seeding purposes when they are both contenders for the weight in LV.

Edited by nhs67

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Boooooo!

I think Munoz beats him if (when) they meet again.  I just don't think they can ignore the H2H for seeding purposes when they are both contenders for the weight in LV.

Wrestlestat as of 11/22/23

184 at CK - #1 Keck, #2 Foca, #3 Munoz, #5 Feldkamp, #6 Plott, #8 Pinto, #9 Key, #12 Hoffman, #16 Fisher, #18 Kane, #20 Berge, #22 Fishback and others...

• Fire 2

Just now, MPhillips said:

Wrestlestat as of 11/22/23

184 at CK - #1 Keck, #2 Foca, #3 Munoz, #5 Feldkamp, #6 Plott, #8 Pinto, #9 Key, #12 Hoffman, #16 Fisher, #18 Kane, #20 Berge, #22 Fishback and others...

I think Hoffman does well here.  The further from weigh-ins we get the better.  I only see PK as a clear favorite on him as of now.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I think Hoffman does well here.  The further from weigh-ins we get the better.  I only see PK as a clear favorite on him as of now.

I was surprised to see him at 84 last weekend. I really believed it would be a bit longer, which encourages me that he is on the quest he set out for.  Shumate may not have a place with the Buckeyes until next season if Hoffman is able to hold it down and get it done...

11 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I was surprised to see him at 84 last weekend. I really believed it would be a bit longer, which encourages me that he is on the quest he set out for.  Shumate may not have a place with the Buckeyes until next season if Hoffman is able to hold it down and get it done...

He might not have a place at all with RR in town.