• Playwire Ad Area

Lindenwood Open

Gus

Results of note:

141 - Tagen Jamison (OSU) dec Sammy Alvarez (OSU) 4-1

149 - Semis Jordan Williams (OSU) dev Teague Travis (OSU) 7-6, Finals Jordan Williams mdec Carter Young 15-2

(* Caleb Rathjen (Iowa) was in the field at 149 and lost to Sam Cartella)

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Man, Spratley tore through the bracket, including a tech over Joey Cruz.... Cruz appears to be struggling at Iowa - teched by Ayala and Spratley. 

eOSU is deep between 141-149  - impressive win for Williams. 

Please.  We need to show solidarity against our common foe, Dr. @MPhillipsand have no reason to egg him on with other fantastical.

tOSU - Ohio State
OSU - Oklahoma State
OSUW - Oregon State

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

36 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Please.  We need to show solidarity against our common foe, Dr. @MPhillipsand have no reason to egg him on with other fantastical.

tOSU - Ohio State
OSU - Oklahoma State
OSUW - Oregon State

Its very simple, just think west to east, left to right:

wOSU  OSU  OSUe

Also, I have no problem withe egging on The MP.   🙂

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

tOSU - Ohio State
OSU - Oklahoma State
OSUW - Oregon State

Oh I am good with the OSUW.... I prefer that. I like eOSU because it  makes them sound like an online school or an electric car, which both are a cheap imitation of the real thing. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

40 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

I was surprised Mizzou didn’t send more wrestlers. Being about 90 minutes from St Charles, Mizzou in the past has sent 15-20 wrestlers. This year 3/4. Obviously they had a dual on Sunday, but to see only a couple attendees was out of the ordinary. 

Mizzou has sort of replaced the Lindenwood open with their own Tiger style tournament in KC.  Stinks for us that live on the east side of the state.  I made the 1 1/2 drive to Mizzou to watch them wrestle the ASU JV team.  

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

OHST

OKST

ORST

tOhSt

OkSt

OrStW

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

I wasn't even aware I had a, "foe" let alone more than one...

I got nothing for this.  You know I'm your biggest fan.

Actually I am kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't have a better, snarky response for you.

1 hour ago, Wrestej said:

Mizzou has sort of replaced the Lindenwood open with their own Tiger style tournament in KC.  Stinks for us that live on the east side of the state.  I made the 1 1/2 drive to Mizzou to watch them wrestle the ASU JV team.  

I understand that. Things are definitely different from years past. With LU moving up to D1, and Mizzou having several GAC wrestlers on the roster I would like to see them continue to support the LU open. 

• Fire 1

I think with Mizzou only having 4 Freshman this year and basically them all wrestling at the Tiger Style and Maryville Open. (the ones that were not injured) They are also entered in the Cougar Clash. They had to choose one to skip for the 5 dates and I guess Lindenwood was the one. I know 2nd semester they have the UNO open plus Denker Open and Missouri Valley Open. I can see Mizzou sending their Freshman and Some backups to Midlands as well like last year. 

Cameron Steed looked really good beating Manibog and Harper. 

I was at the LU open and that Freshman/Sophomore Division was pretty darn good. It had DIV I redshirt freshman from Bellermine, Northern Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma State, SIU-Edwardsville, Northwestern, Illinois & of course LIndenwood not to mention Central Oklahoma and McKendree from DII

I am happy Okie State brought their whole team as well SIU-E. 

The Lindenwood Open replaced the old St. Louis Open the same weekend. That had a bunch of DI teams like Mizzou, Okie State, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northern Illinois Illinois, Purdue, Chattanooga. Plus now defunct programs like  Notre Dame, Clemson, BYU, Southwest Missouri State (now Missouri State), Eastern Illinois, Illinois State, and Iowa would send their backups. Plus tough DII teams at the time like SIU-Edwardsville, Central Missouri and Central Oklahoma. Plus, all the good JUCO's around Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Iowa. It was brutal.

• Fire 3

14 minutes ago, killdozer said:

I think with Mizzou only having 4 Freshman this year and basically them all wrestling at the Tiger Style and Maryville Open. (the ones that were not injured) They are also entered in the Cougar Clash. They had to choose one to skip for the 5 dates and I guess Lindenwood was the one. I know 2nd semester they have the UNO open plus Denker Open and Missouri Valley Open. I can see Mizzou sending their Freshman and Some backups to Midlands as well like last year. 

Cameron Steed looked really good beating Manibog and Harper. 

I was at the LU open and that Freshman/Sophomore Division was pretty darn good. It had DIV I redshirt freshman from Bellermine, Northern Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma State, SIU-Edwardsville, Northwestern, Illinois & of course LIndenwood not to mention Central Oklahoma and McKendree from DII

I am happy Okie State brought their whole team as well SIU-E. 

The Lindenwood Open replaced the old St. Louis Open the same weekend. That had a bunch of DI teams like Mizzou, Okie State, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northern Illinois Illinois, Purdue, Chattanooga. Plus now defunct programs like  Notre Dame, Clemson, BYU, Southwest Missouri State (now Missouri State), Eastern Illinois, Illinois State, and Iowa would send their backups. Plus tough DII teams at the time like SIU-Edwardsville, Central Missouri and Central Oklahoma. Plus, all the good JUCO's around Missouri, Illinois, Kansas and Iowa. It was brutal.

How big is Steed?  Does he head down?