• Playwire Ad Area

How Long Will Bono Last at Wisconsin?

ThreePointTakedown

52 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

That was who I would guess also, I was thinking Reader probably a little on the big side and Bono on the small side, but again i am just guessing 

Bono is also about 50 years old.

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

15 hours ago, flyingcement said:

12/04/2021: Hamiti pins Olejnik

12/29/2022: Hamiti dec Olejnik 6-0

3/16/2023: Hamiti dec Olejnik 7-3

11/21/2023: Olejnik dec Hamiti 8-2

Ouch.  Now obviously have to give credit to Olejnik, not everyone turns these things around.

Hamiti is also enormous, the weight might be getting to him.  He is also by and large a two-trick pony and may have been figured out.  He has sneaky ankle picks, and will try to catch you in a cradle in the transition.  These are things that always wow a college fanbase because they rarely happen, but if you are able to avoid being headhunted, and have the strength to stay in good position when he tries to tether-ball himself off your neck in one direction and the other, you’ll most likely be alright.

• Fire 4

12 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Ouch.  Now obviously have to give credit to Olejnik, not everyone turns these things around.

Hamiti is also enormous, the weight might be getting to him.  He is also by and large a two-trick pony and may have been figured out.  He has sneaky ankle picks, and will try to catch you in a cradle in the transition.  These are things that always wow a college fanbase because they rarely happen, but if you are able to avoid being headhunted, and have the strength to stay in good position when he tries to tether-ball himself off your neck in one direction and the other, you’ll most likely be alright.

This.  I think Hamiti came out of the gun with some really slick takedowns but he's been scouted enough that he isn't catching the top guys off guard anymore.  

• Fire 4

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

53 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

There are not many minority head coaches in D1 right now outside of Bono, John Smith and Kenny Monday in D1 right now. Can’t think of others off the top of my head. Would be a bad thing losing another

What minority is bono?

1 hour ago, Lunaticfringe said:

There are not many minority head coaches in D1 right now outside of Bono, John Smith and Kenny Monday in D1 right now. Can’t think of others off the top of my head. Would be a bad thing losing another

And what minority is John smith?

1 minute ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Smith and Bono are both Italian. Smith’s mother is Italian, Bono is an Italian name. Bono would fit in well at Rutgers

Is Italian a minority? Also add Chris Pendleton, Obe Blanc, Angel Escobedo

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Smith and Bono are both Italian. Smith’s mother is Italian, Bono is an Italian name. Bono would fit in well at Rutgers

Lol, I don't know what part of the country you’re from, so I mean this without ridicule, but that era passed us by ~2 generations ago.  

If you want to count italians, you’re putting yourself in a place where you’ll have to count all the irish, Scottish, and German coaches as well.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Lol, I don't know what part of the country you’re from, so I mean this without ridicule, but that era passed us by ~2 generations ago.  

If you want to count italians, you’re putting yourself in a place where you’ll have to count all the irish, Scottish, and German coaches as well.

... and they should be counted.

irish, Scottish, and German

All very different people, with very different cultures.

Unless you have some preconception about skin color being the major factor, you should see all of these as distinctly different groups.

Consider that if you categorize by skin color first, then some would say that makes you a racist.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

... and they should be counted.

irish, Scottish, and German

All very different people, with very different cultures.

Unless you have some preconception about skin color being the major factor, you should see all of these as distinctly different groups.

Consider that if you categorize by skin color first, then some would say that makes you a racist.

I am sorry to say I think you are missing out in the fundamental concept of what it means to be American.

Also, people have been finding ways to differentiate themselves for ugly means pretty much forever.  We don’t need people running around identifying with the things that differentiate them from their neighbor rather than embracing shared commonality.

And to be clear, if you’re going based on Italian ancestry, Bono and Smith are by no means minorities and this conversation can end right here.

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I am sorry to say I think you are missing out in the fundamental concept of what it means to be American.

Also, people have been finding ways to differentiate themselves for ugly means pretty much forever.  We don’t need people running around identifying with the things that differentiate them from their neighbor rather than embracing shared commonality.

And to be clear, if you’re going based on Italian ancestry, Bono and Smith are by no means minorities and this conversation can end right here.

Irish, Italian, and German as minorities? 🤣🤣🤣