• Playwire Ad Area

Tommy Boy is angry!

Threadkilla

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Don't you moonlight as a "pro wrestler?"

Seriously? Are you 12?

Because being a pro wrestler means I can't have a valid opinion on this right? Being a pro wrestler means i certainly have never wrestled or coached before right?

Grow up. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

If he cared about his athletes he'd be all for them reaping what they sow. He'd be for them facing the consequences of their actions. To learn from their mistakes. 

If he cared he wouldn't be blaming someone else. He cares about his teams points, he doesn't care about the athletes as people. Clearly

ok, so you think some college kid who placed a few bets should have their career stripped from them? You think thats a good rule? Not a vulgar bureacratic overreach?

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Ok i finally decided to waste 17 minutes of my life ... WHY ... WHY?

First thought was felt like I might be watching a SNL skit.

Second I was wondering WHY WHY WHY aren't people asking the right questions. The first should be if there's an epidemic of sports betting in college then WHY WHY is one of the lead rule breakers a head & top assistant coaches' nephew & son.  Reporters should be asking the head & asst coach WHY WHY did he do it and how can we expect to clean up this epidemic if two of the top coaches in the country can't even keep their son/nephew from gambling on his own school.  WHY!!??

• Fire 3

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

Second I was wondering WHY WHY WHY aren't people asking the right questions. The first should be if there's an epidemic of sports betting in college then WHY WHY is one of the lead rule breakers a head & top assistant coaches' nephew & son.  Reporters should be asking the head & asst coach WHY WHY did he do it and how can we expect to clean up this epidemic if two of the top coaches in the country can't even keep their son/nephew from gambling on his own school.  WHY!!??

It was kind of funny how he lumped his wife in with the press not asking the right questions.

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Fire 2

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

This post is just a joke shaped noise. Posturing like you are funny doesnt make you funny, and being funny doesn't mean you are making sense.

4 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

image.thumb.png.4999ba611797d1d5585b9a111ab6a302.png

NCAA makes it pretty clear. 

ok I didn't realize you were one of brilliant minds who takes their moral instruction from the lazy corrupt useless people who run the NCAA.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

5 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

image.thumb.png.4999ba611797d1d5585b9a111ab6a302.png

NCAA makes it pretty clear. 

This is going to be a shitshow.  This is the gambling version of the DARE program from back in the day.  

“Don’t do drugs kids, btw here is exactly what all the drugs are that you shouldn’t be trying.”

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

But what if you just didn't see this?

LOL.  Are you serious?   You know the logo on the mats at Nationals that says NCAA, that is the regulating body of Scholasic athletics for 1100 schools in the US.   This is a flyer provided by the NCAA just to be a reminder of what the rules are.  Rules that I believe are in every athletic handbook for every athlete at every school in the organization.   

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Yeah but everyone told Nelson (a 23/24 year old adult) to take the under on Iowa football

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, swoopdown said:

When Tommy asked the most important question of her life, there may be times his wife believes she gave the wrong answer.

Yeah that part about his wife was weird and just a bit unprofessional. 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

ok I didn't realize you were one of brilliant minds who takes their moral instruction from the lazy corrupt useless people who run the NCAA.

What would be the appropriate punishment for a student athlete who was betting on their own school sports? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

24 minutes ago, Idaho said:

What would be the appropriate punishment for a student athlete who was betting on their own school sports? 

Let's see. When Jim Harbaugh was caught cheating the first time it was 2 games. The second time, after he said Michigan would now be the gold standard of compliance, it was 3 games. So let's go with two matches.

Of course, there is a minor, tiny, I am sure, inconsequential difference. Jim Harbaugh and the school that wants a national championship this season, right now, so bad that it can taste it, can, and will, pay for the most expensive lawyers TV money can buy.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Let's see. When Jim Harbaugh was caught cheating the first time it was 2 games. The second time, after he said Michigan would now be the gold standard of compliance, it was 3 games. So let's go with two matches.

Of course, there is a minor, tiny, I am sure, inconsequential difference. Jim Harbaugh and the school that wants a national championship this season, right now, so bad that it can taste it, can, and will, pay for the most expensive lawyers TV money can buy.

Pretty sure they haven't ruled on any games for Harbaugh.  Where did you get these?

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

what was Harbaugh betting on?

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure they haven't ruled on any games for Harbaugh.  Where did you get these?

The school and he decided to take a preemptive suspension for the first two games against Little Sisters of the Poor and Hadley School for the Blind so that if the NCAA ruled during the season on the first offense they could say "well he already served a suspension". The cynicism of this move cannot be unerstated.

And the conference just hit him with a three game ban last week, because of the repeated cynicism.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Jim Harbaugh wasn't an athlete betting on his own school sports,  his staff violated the sportsmanship policy of the B10.... so let's start over so you can understand the question:

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐