• Playwire Ad Area

Medical Forfeits..

Pish

This year I believe NCAA put in new rules for MFF.  I believe the rule is if you MFF, you get the first loss counted against your record unless it's the next match after an injury default.  This should stop people from MFF outing tournaments or it could hurt your seed and win/loss record.

Vince Cornella lost a match to Beau Bartlett Sunday.  The next match he MFF against PSU back up David Evans.  Shouldn't his official record be 1-2 instead of 1-1 (per wrestlestat)?

Personally I love this..should deter people to wrestle if not injured or take the L.

Not picking on Cornella, just the only case I personally witnessed so far.

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Pish said:

This year I believe NCAA put in new rules for MFF.  I believe the rule is if you MFF, you get the first loss counted against your record unless it's the next match after an injury default.  This should stop people from MFF outing tournaments or it could hurt your seed and win/loss record.

Vince Cornella lost a match to Beau Bartlett Sunday.  The next match he MFF against PSU back up David Evans.  Shouldn't his official record be 1-2 instead of 1-1 (per wrestlestat)?

Personally I love this..should deter people to wrestle if not injured or take the L.

Not picking on Cornella, just the only case I personally witnessed so far.

Yes. Maybe wrestlestat hasn't adjusted yet.

I would guess wrestlestat will either need to add a new designation for medical forfeit losses or just record the first MFF as an injury default for their record keeping purposes.

On trackwrestling, if you go to Vince Cornella's page, they have added a MFFL as a result category. However, the onus will be on these tournaments to make sure all of these results are reported correctly to trackwrestling or it will affect allocations when the data such as win% and RPI begin to be released towards the end of the season.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/LoadBalance.jsp?seasonId=170449138&gbId=3&pageName=TeamSchedule.jsp;teamId=431589143

• Fire 1

If "snitches get stitches", I'll need to spend the entire gross domestic product of a mid-sized country to turn my skin into a mess consisting of more stitch than epidermis.

Basically, I've been sending listings of matches every Monday that need to be changed from MFF to MFFL to the NWCA, as one of the two major software systems (Arena) doesn't have the functionality to log the countable medical forfeit, and I've seen the MFFL in a bracket on Track exactly once.

In short, send all hate mail to me.

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Basically, I've been sending listings of matches every Monday that need to be changed from MFF to MFFL to the NWCA, as one of the two major software systems (Arena) doesn't have the functionality to log the countable medical forfeit, and I've seen the MFFL in a bracket on Track exactly once.

If you are the one responsible for Vince Cornella's match getting turned to a medical forfeit loss on trackwrestling (and however many more there should be which is probably a much bigger number than I realize), than I appreciate the time and work you are putting into this.

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, bracketbuster said:

If you are the one responsible for Vince Cornella's match getting turned to a medical forfeit loss on trackwrestling (and however many more there should be which is probably a much bigger number than I realize), than I appreciate the time and work you are putting into this.

It’s been about 15-20 a weekend (I don’t have the exact numbers in front of me) so far between D-1 opponents. It’ll become fewer as the season goes on due to dual meets becoming more prevalent than tournaments later in the season, though.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

If "snitches get stitches", I'll need to spend the entire gross domestic product of a mid-sized country to turn my skin into a mess consisting of more stitch than epidermis.

What a shit show..

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

No one should ever send you any hate mail. It's all love for what you do.

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

So does it also count as a head to head win for the other guy?

Not positive about head to head but they do count in WL but not in RPI.
"Forfeits and
medical forfeits count towards the winning percentage but
do not count toward the 15-match RPI."

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Not positive about head to head but they do count in WL but not in RPI.
"Forfeits and
medical forfeits count towards the winning percentage but
do not count toward the 15-match RPI."

So if I understand correctly, the 15 matches cannot include a fft of any kind - win or loss - and only counts for matches wrestled? However, a med default where it happens during the match is still counted? Correct? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐