• Playwire Ad Area

Yianni

Idaho

I also was there when Gomez beat Yianni 11/19 at Cornell.  Robert Owens was 100% correct about Yianni's demeanor toward the end of the match, and after the match.  He was total class. 

I would add that I thought Gomez's actions during and after the match were very classy.  He didn't get in Yanni's grill afterward, just shook hands.  He did taunt the (extremely vocal) crowd slightly after the match, but considering the magnitude of the upset I'd say his celebration was very low-key.  He then went over to his teammates and celebrated with them.  Considering the atmosphere, I'd say Chris Bono and his whole team were pretty classy before, during, and after the entire dual.

(I was initially confused by his referring to the match as part of a tournament.  It was a dual, Wisconsin v Cornell.  Then I realized this must have been written by someone who may be unfamiliar with wrestling lingo.)

Edited by BerniePragle
Spelling
  • Fire 2

I lo

29 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

I also was there when Gomez beat Yianni 11/19 at Cornell.  Robert Owens was 100% correct about Yianni's demeanor toward the end of the match, and after the match.  He was total class. 

I would add that I thought Gomez's actions during and after the match were very classy.  He didn't get in Yanni's grill afterward, just shook hands.  He did taunt the (extremely vocal) crowd slightly after the match, but considering the magnitude of the upset I'd say his celebration was very low-key.  He then went over to his teammates and celebrated with them.  Considering the atmosphere, I'd say Chris Bono and his whole team were pretty classy before, during, and after the entire dual.

(I was initially confused by his referring to the match as part of a tournament.  It was a dual, Wisconsin v Cornell.  Then I realized this must have been written by someone who may be unfamiliar with wrestling lingo.)

Sometimes those East Coasters have their own vocabulary... you know... States.... :) 

It's always good to see class acts like this. I don't know Yianni or follow Cornell as closely as some of you, but it's great to see guys who are as accomplished as he is being a servant leader rather than a name that is above the team and the sport. Very classy.... and good to hear that Wisconsin followed that up with class as well. Stories like this make you a fan of Yianni no matter who you root for. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

The author's son (I believe) was in a youth wrestling tournament held at the same time as the dual meet.  Thus all the photos of Yianni posing with kids afterwards.  Pretty sure he knows the difference between a dual meet and a tournament.

11 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

The author's son (I believe) was in a youth wrestling tournament held at the same time as the dual meet.  Thus all the photos of Yianni posing with kids afterwards.  Pretty sure he knows the difference between a dual meet and a tournament.

The Cornell Duals were in Barton

On 11/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, VakAttack said:

Ahhh, yes, now the forum is for real where Iowa gets attacked very quickly in an unrelated thread. Now we're cooking with gas.  Seems like Iowa just lost two high profile matches without incident. 

Quick attacks on Iowa - particularly when unrelated to a thread's content - is one of the hallmarks of a superior forum.  Keep up the good work fellas!