• Playwire Ad Area

Flo Sports Class Action Settlement

fishbane

I found an email in my spam folder regarding Young, et al. v. FloSports, Inc.., Case No. 2023LA000516 (In the Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois, 18th Judicial Circuit).  It is related to Flo failing to properly disclose automatic renewal charges and cancellations terms.  That's really not surprising as Flo won't even tell you how much the service costs until you enter an email and set up a password.  That always seemed to be putting the cart in front of the horse to me. Anyway. Class members have until 1/25 to register or exclude themselves from the settlement at https://fsrenewalsettlement.com.  I've copied the relevant portions of the email below

"The Class Plaintiffs allege that they were enrolled in automatically renewing subscriptions for FloSports’ content without adequate disclosures and notice regarding renewal charges and cancellation terms.  FloSports claims its subscription renewal practices complied with all applicable laws and regulations and that it fairly disclosed all terms associated with its subscriptions. Thus, FloSports denies all allegations of wrongdoing, and the Court has not determined who is right. Rather, the Parties have agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the uncertainties and expenses associated with ongoing litigation."

Am I a Class Member?  Yes. Our records indicate you are a Settlement Class Member. Class Members are persons who, from August 29, 2018 throughSeptember 29, 2023, enrolled in an automatically renewing FloSports subscription using a California, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Florida, Illinois, Washington D.C., North Dakota, Virginia, Hawaii, Vermont billing address and paid fee(s) in connection with such subscription. 

What Can I Get?  You must submit a Claim Form (see instructions below) to receive a benefit from this Settlement.  Class Members with active subscriptions to FloSports may choose to receive either (1) a pro rata cash payment of up to $30.00 for annual subscribers, and up to $6 for monthly subscribers via check; or (2) a 10% discount on the next immediate FloSports renewal charge (or an electronic voucher for a free pay-per-view event from FloSports, with certain exceptions,  if your membership is no longer active when the settlement becomes final).  If you are an inactive subscriber to FloSports, you may choose to receive either (1) a pro rata cash payment of up to $30.00 for annual subscribers, and up to $6 for monthly subscribers via check; or (2) an electronic voucher for a free pay-per-view event from FloSports, with certain exceptions. 
  • Fire 2