• Playwire Ad Area

Will Bo Bassett burn out?

KennyEBHS

13 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

It just seems so hard for an athlete that young being able to sustain that level of intensity through college and senior level.

A lot of the sustainability with training and competing at such a high level has to do with health. I believe (and hope) that if Bo can stay healthy for a majority of his career then burn out will not be a factor. Again, in a sport like wrestling injury is hard to predict or prevent but the mental toll it takes is often times what causes the burnout. 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

It just seems so hard for an athlete that young being able to sustain that level of intensity through college and senior level.

I think that's a fair question, I am a big fan of Bo and how he carries himself but this kid has been grinding at an elite level since he was a kid and he only just got to High School.  It is very hard to stay on this pace from 8 until his 20's when he will be undoubtably  trying to make Olympic teams

4 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

I think that's a fair question, I am a big fan of Bo and how he carries himself but this kid has been grinding at an elite level since he was a kid and he only just got to High School.  It is very hard to stay on this pace from 8 until his 20's when he will be undoubtably  trying to make Olympic teams

The difference IMO is if he enjoys it and it seems he does.     We've got multiple guys like Burroughs, Taylor and Dake that have been "grinding" since they were kids and are now in their mid-30's.

• Fire 2

You could make this same thread about any number of high level wrestlers that have come up through the ranks in recent years. 

He's one of the best, and he's active on socials so you see it more, but rest assured he's not the only kid who's been training almost daily since he was in grade school.  

He also (so far) doesn't seem to worry much about his weight, doesn't duck difficult competition, and bounces back immediately from losses.  All of those are extremely promising indicators for his future, IMO.  

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie said:

You could make this same thread about any number of high level wrestlers that have come up through the ranks in recent years. 

He's one of the best, and he's active on socials so you see it more, but rest assured he's not the only kid who's been training almost daily since he was in grade school.  

He also (so far) doesn't seem to worry much about his weight, doesn't duck difficult competition, and bounces back immediately from losses.  All of those are extremely promising indicators for his future, IMO.  

Agree 100%

• Fire 1