• Playwire Ad Area

Gambling Reinstatement

Wrestleknownothing

These athletes will be the Reggie Bush crew of ten years from now.  This is dumb nonsense.  Like every team doesn't have some towel boy circuit placing the bets all day everyday for all the players.  What’re they gonna do start monitoring all friends and family activity as well?

These org heads, the AD’s, and the conference heads are all TV rights brokers above all else anyway.  S**t is disgusting.  

Apologies for the rant, but I hate seeing guys in suits take away such major opportunities for athletes when the NcAA and conferences have always been complicit in sweeping MUCH larger stuff under the rug.

• Fire 2

On 11/8/2023 at 5:41 PM, Mr. PeanutButter said:

This really sucks as a fan. I do think the punishment is a bit too harsh but I never found myself sympathizing too much given that there was never any ambiguity regarding the consequences. The wrestlers brought this on themselves. 

How the heck does a coaches' son do something so pointlessly assisine? 

Nelson's Twitter tantrum and Assad's pouty interview were a really bad look. 

I can say all that and still honestly feel that it's a damn shame that I won't see those guys wrestle again (probably) in college. 

Same. Maybe there's a silver lining and we'll see them focus on qualifying for OTT.

2 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Living and training at a school but not being enrolled in class as to not start your athletic clock 

I know what it is but didn't he wrestle prior year, was not aware ISU used these?

On 11/9/2023 at 12:43 AM, wrestle87 said:

These athletes will be the Reggie Bush crew of ten years from now.  This is dumb nonsense.  Like every team doesn't have some towel boy circuit placing the bets all day everyday for all the players.  What’re they gonna do start monitoring all friends and family activity as well?

I think many were already doing that.  In Johnson's charging document they said the account was his mother's.  I believed it was linked to him by the phone/gps position.  Bets were being placed from non-public locations in the ISU athletic facilities.

• 1 month later...