• Playwire Ad Area

Corby and the Brain

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Orly?

Even PSU haters should remember that he finished during a lost senior covid 2020 season and NIL didn't begin destroying the world until summer '21.

The before times really do seem like a decade ago though, don't they?

Sidebar conspiracy theory: covid costing all those seniors their final hurrah happened because of @ILLINIWrestlingBlog  He made a deal with the devil to exact revenge on Joseph for what happened to Imar but he didn't realize the full implications until the prince of darkness came for his dues.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Even PSU haters should remember that he finished during a lost senior covid 2020 season and NIL didn't begin destroying the world until summer '21.

The before times really do seem like a decade ago though, don't they?

Sidebar conspiracy theory: covid costing all those seniors their final hurrah happened because of @ILLINIWrestlingBlog  He made a deal with the devil to exact revenge on Joseph for what happened to Imar but he didn't realize the full implications until the prince of darkness came for his dues.

This seems exactly right

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

There isn't a more entertaining podcast at this point, if you're a fan of USA Wrestling.

Call it annoying if you want.  The only one I put on the same level, right now mind you, is Bloodround.

Nobody else has had as consistently good of a product with as high level of interviews from USA wrestling blood.

You can be annoyed.  It doesn't matter that you are annoyed.

I’ll offer up The Athletor podcast with Mike Mal on Spotify. Really like his interview style.

• Fire 2

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

There isn't a more entertaining podcast at this point, if you're a fan of USA Wrestling.

Call it annoying if you want.  The only one I put on the same level, right now mind you, is Bloodround.

Nobody else has had as consistently good of a product with as high level of interviews from USA wrestling blood.

You can be annoyed.  It doesn't matter that you are annoyed.

Disagree 100%.  That podcast is not entertaining, it is unlistenable.  Annoying on so many levels.  PSU homerism, religious rhetoric, Justin talking when he should be listening, interjecting his opinions when unnecessary, talk of building brands/marketing, etc., etc...

I've tried to listen numerous times due to the guests he has but have only been able to make it through a couple complete episodes.

This is also a face that is just screaming for a mean crossface!  

image.png.61f195f025f739057900b6d6050ef924.png

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Disagree 100%.  That podcast is not entertaining, it is unlistenable.  Annoying on so many levels.  PSU homerism, religious rhetoric, Justin talking when he should be listening, interjecting his opinions when unnecessary, talk of building brands/marketing, etc., etc...

I've tried to listen numerous times due to the guests he has but have only been able to make it through a couple complete episodes.

You're allowed an opinion, I will give you that.

Your also allowed to know that your opinion is wrong.

You're welcome.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're allowed an opinion, I will give you that.

Your also allowed to know that your opinion is wrong.

You're welcome.

Same to you.

Not telling you what to think, just relaying where I am at with that podcast.  I'm a huge wrestling supporter and try to consume as much wrestling media and content as I can.  I just can't do Baschamania.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Not sure if you’ve heard, but Cael and Jordan Burroughs are some of his clients for Basch solutions.  He’s kind of a big deal

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Not sure if you’ve heard, but Cael and Jordan Burroughs are some of his clients for Basch solutions.  He’s kind of a big deal

That is supposed to change my opinion of the show?

If you are a fan, great.  It's not for me.

Edited by Warm Up Champ
  • Fire 1

If you listen to the show, Basch does this thing where, after the guest says something of interest, he’ll say, “That’s awesome.” Or, “That’s great.”

No follow up. No additional questions. It’s really weird. He did this multiple times during the most recent episode with Wyatt Hendrickson.

If I’m engaged in conversation with someone and they say something like that to me, that would be a sign that they aren’t actually listening to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

That is supposed to change my opinion of the show?

If you are a fan, great.  It's not for me.

Lol I was being facetious, was pointing out how Basch likes to name drop all the people that are his marketing clients.

I do like him with Willie or Cenzo outside of the PSU homerism though, but yeah, not crazy about the interviews

Edited by 1032004

Lol I was being facetious, was pointing out how Basch likes to name drop all the people that are his marketing clients.
I do like him with Willie or Cenzo outside of the PSU homerism though, but yeah, not crazy about the interviews

His shows with Cenzo are a lot better than ones with one-off guests. He actually has some chemistry and rapport with him and it sounds like an actual conversation as opposed to a series of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Got it now.  I was in a rush when I responded.  Totally agree with you on the name dropping.

15 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Woke up with a nightmare and read this, and it kind of scared me, even though I know it's essentially not true. 

By the way, I loved the photo of Izzy and the Brain at the ILLINOIS Matmen Open. LOL! The sunglasses. Great tournament, and this made for a wild backstory! I guess it must have hurt like hell, but ya gotta laugh about it now. Willie was like the anti-Cyclops from the X-Men. 

As for my favorite podcasts, why, I like Wrestling Changed My Life, the Intermat features, Fivepointmove, ILLINOISMatmen, although mostly it depends on who's going to be interviewed. When big tournaments and the NCAA are being handicapped, those are good shows as well, and then there's this guy with his minute and a half broadcasts: 

14 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I agree.  My favorite episode might be the one entirely focused on Real Woods transferring to Iowa after allegedly receiving an offer to go to PSU.  Basch sounded angry and disgusted.  I'm pretty sure Cenzo's voice cracked a couple times, as he was coaching Stanford.  Real had already graduated from Stanford and was offered a "bag." Then the story shifted and PSU was supposedly never in the running.  Strangely there were never any similar shows angry about Kerk, Truax, Max Dean, Nagao, etc.

This is part of the reason why I would think Basch is what Brands calls a "paid hater" and Mineo isn't even on his radar.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I agree.  My favorite episode might be the one entirely focused on Real Woods transferring to Iowa after allegedly receiving an offer to go to PSU.  Basch sounded angry and disgusted.  I'm pretty sure Cenzo's voice cracked a couple times, as he was coaching Stanford.  Real had already graduated from Stanford and was offered a "bag." Then the story shifted and PSU was supposedly never in the running.  Strangely there were never any similar shows angry about Kerk, Truax, Max Dean, Nagao, etc.

This is part of the reason why I would think Basch is what Brands calls a "paid hater" and Mineo isn't even on his radar.

Basch is a paid hater, he just isn't paid by PSU. The irony of the free market continues to confound Brands.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I agree I don’t think Minnow was who he was referring to as a “paid hater,” but if Minnow wasn’t on Brands’ radar before, I’m guessing he got on it with his tweets about the gambling suspensions…

Edit:  I actually think he was referring to Willie, but just speculation.  I agree the Woods transferring episode was a little cringe but I wouldn’t really call Basch a “hater” overall, more just a PSU lover.

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 2

• 5 months later...