• Playwire Ad Area

The red wave

Mike Parrish

6 hours ago, nick said:

This quote, 2x

The Democrats also chucking money into the primary races and voting in them, where they could, to have extremist candidates be the nominees also didn't hurt matters.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

18 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

The Democrats also chucking money into the primary races and voting in them, where they could, to have extremist candidates be the nominees also didn't hurt matters.

I read(fwiw), 18 of the top 25 donors were/are Republican.  I believe, 'extremist candidates'  were a factor...

• Fire 1

"Mr. Hawley also argues that working-class voters “have little enthusiasm” for the GOP. Data don’t back up this claim, either. According to the Fox News Voter Analysis, white noncollege voters in 2018 were 40% of the turnout and broke 59% Republican, 39% Democrat. In 2022, their share of the turnout ticked up to 41% and the Republican advantage grew to 65% to 32%. It appears Democrats have bigger problems than the GOP does among working-class voters."

This was often given as the reason as to why Deuce "won" in 2016; that working class voters voted for Deuce in large number.

That would be true, but the obvious problem with that is that black and Hispanic voters didn't vote for Deuce and voted overwhelmingly for Clinton.  Thus what get sold as "working class voters" carries a strong racial element as well.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

"Mr. Hawley also argues that working-class voters “have little enthusiasm” for the GOP. Data don’t back up this claim, either. According to the Fox News Voter Analysis, white noncollege voters in 2018 were 40% of the turnout and broke 59% Republican, 39% Democrat. In 2022, their share of the turnout ticked up to 41% and the Republican advantage grew to 65% to 32%. It appears Democrats have bigger problems than the GOP does among working-class voters."

This was often given as the reason as to why Deuce "won" in 2016; that working class voters voted for Deuce in large number.

That would be true, but the obvious problem with that is that black and Hispanic voters didn't vote for Deuce and voted overwhelmingly for Clinton.  Thus what get sold as "working class voters" carries a strong racial element as well.

Shades of 'real Americans'...

4 hours ago, MPhillips said:

I read(fwiw), 18 of the top 25 donors were/are Republican.  I believe, 'extremist candidates'  were a factor...

No surprise.  They are the party of tax breaks for the rich.  Reagan, Bush 2, Trump.  It's what they do.  Hell, most of the middle class is so stupid anymore, they don't even have to be sneaky about it.

• Fire 3

47 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Mike Lindell is apparently going to challenge Ronna McDaniel to be the chair of the RNC.

I’m sure that will result in change that makes the Republican Party more able to win the votes of Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pillow boy has as much chance of winning as a fart in a whirlwind.