• Playwire Ad Area

All Star Classic

Gus

29 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

that's a fair point.  I actually enjoyed rooting against DT as a wrestler since he was such a heavy favorite most of the time.  Maybe they should get Bubba Jenkins on the mic.  

That would be hilarious, just from what I saw of him in the flo documentary on the toughest bracket ever.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Bono guys typically have gotten worse not better over their careers at Wisconsin because they overtrain like it’s still 1992 , Evan wick talked about it after the transfer that his body was breaking down and yet he’s waking up at 5 A.M. to go on mandatory team runs

His twin had to retire because he couldn't get his body healthy.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

52 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I agree with your point overall, but Wick didn’t do any better at Cal Poly.

Hard to say he didn't do better at Cal Poly than he did at Wisconsin. He was 22-1 and took 3rd his senior year at CALP, with his one loss coming in semifinals to defending champ Griffith (who he beat twice that year). 

He redshirted in 2021. In 2020 he was the 8 seed at the NCAAs with a record of 23-4. In 2019 he finished 4th with a record of 32-6. In 2018 he finished 3rd with a record of 30-7.

Edited by MidwestWrest
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

that's a fair point.  I actually enjoyed rooting against DT as a wrestler since he was such a heavy favorite most of the time.  Maybe they should get Bubba Jenkins on the mic.  

While we are at it let's get Wkn in the room with DT & Bubba.  I'd like to know if DT feels he was pinfelled will Bubba agree he pinfalled him and what will Wkn say when both DT & Bubba tell him "you know nothing of what you speak."  🤨

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

While we are at it let's get Wkn in the room with DT & Bubba.  I'd like to know if DT feels he was pinfelled will Bubba agree he pinfalled him and what will Wkn say when both DT & Bubba tell him "you know nothing of what you speak."  🤨

I want to be present.

The moment they decide to disrespect Wkn will be their last.

He is a treasure and he is ours.

21 minutes ago, MidwestWrest said:

Hard to say he didn't do better at Cal Poly than he did at Wisconsin. He was 22-1 and took 3rd his senior year at CALP, with his one loss coming in semifinals to defending champ Griffith (who he beat twice that year). 

He redshirted in 2021. In 2020 he was the 8 seed at the NCAAs with a record of 23-4. In 2019 he finished 4th with a record of 32-6. In 2018 he finished 3rd with a record of 30-7.

Didn’t place any higher at NCAAs.  B1G schedule a bit different than Pac 12.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

3 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Didn’t place any higher at NCAAs.  B1G schedule a bit different than Pac 12.

In 2018 he lost to McFadden (5th, 3x AA, 4x NQ) at NCAAs.  His other losses were Massa (Major), McFadden (Pin), White (Dec), Martinez (Dec), Lewis (2x via Dec).

In 2022 his only loss was to the defending champion in Griffith, who then lost to an undefeated O'Toole.

He did better.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

I tought fly was our treasure, can we be so lucky to have two?  🙂

There are a few of you gents that I treasure.  No homo, just bromo.

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I don't disagree. The, "masses" were not watching FLO on a Tuesday night for three hours...

Edit: And to be fair, why would they? FLO's top wrestling newscast was just broadcast from a laptop camera out of a closet somewhere on the eighth floor of a building in Austin. I don't think it's fair to those guys.  I'm embarrassed for FLO.  Still I watch...

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

There are a few of you gents that I treasure.  No homo, just bromo.

25 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

image.png.0501a9c858a5671b7534554f10dde91b.png

Here is a photo of nhs and I protecting WKN while he calculates the most likely 7th seed to lose first round using Excel for Android.  He doesn't even need to look both ways crossing the street

11 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I've got these cats covered as well...

image.png.ff2c09617b0843767732eb0883e8b144.png

1 hour ago, ionel said:

I tought fly was our treasure, can we be so lucky to have two?  🙂

My ride or dies.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

I don't disagree. The, "masses" were not watching FLO on a Tuesday night for three hours...

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Edit: And to be fair, why would they? FLO's top wrestling newscast was just broadcast from a laptop camera out of a closet somewhere on the eighth floor of a building in Austin. I don't think it's fair to those guys.  I'm embarrassed for FLO.  Still I watch...

Not last night, but the more Taylor commentates the more he may get bigger gigs... NCAAs, Olympics... He is good for the sport. 

And, I think you are missing something with the Flow broadcast... Nothing wrong with the broadcast of the matches and commentary in the background. Especially since so many people are used to watching pod casts, YouTube channels, streamed sports in other arenas. I watch MLS on Apple TV and that leaves a lot to be desired. People watch the goofy Manning MNF which is not much above amateur broadcasting. I'm just happy we get to see all the streamed wrestling. Not long ago most of wrestling could have been done in a back alley for all we knew since we never got to witness it. 

16 minutes ago, wrestlingshoe said:

And, I think you are missing something with the Flow broadcast...

No.

I've been with FLO since the beginning. I'm a wrestling and soccer fan first and foremost. I've seen many bad broadcast of the sports I love going back to Wide World of Sports.  I'm hip to what it is. 

I like and appreciate FLO. I'm grateful to have them, but don't try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

Edited by MPhillips
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

In 2018 he lost to McFadden (5th, 3x AA, 4x NQ) at NCAAs.  His other losses were Massa (Major), McFadden (Pin), White (Dec), Martinez (Dec), Lewis (2x via Dec).

In 2022 his only loss was to the defending champion in Griffith, who then lost to an undefeated O'Toole.

He did better.

Wrestle fewer matches, better chance of fewer losses.  If all you grade in is losses…

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.