• Playwire Ad Area

All Star Classic

Gus

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

184 was satisfying to watch. 

133 was thrilling

165 was frustrating (for Hamiti).  He has stagnated while Olejnik keeps leveling up 

285 was surprising - just how lopsided that was. Not even close 

Hendrickson’s hurt.  He blew out his knee in the finals of world’s he’s just not admitting it yet.

• Fire 1

54 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

David Taylor is the guy at the Magic: The Gathering table who knows every card and can tell you the damage done by a Hippogriff compared to a Thrull. 

By the way, tomorrow I file a multi-billion dollar antitrust lawsuit against Penn State. They got the venue, a suspiciously large number of the participants, one of the announcers, Wrestleknownothing providing play-by-play here, and they promoted their venue for Olympic Team Trial during the match. I almost miss Iowa. What happened to them anyway?

Following the lead of their women’s’ basketball team, Iowa is settling in on targeting NCAA runner up as their goal.  

• Fire 1

Question about the SV period in the 133 match.

Latona tweaks his knee and takes time to walk it off.  Not sure why there was no injury time?  At about the 10:40 mark, it briefly looked like McGonagle was expecting to have choice. 

If there had been Injury Time (in SV), would McGonagle have been given choice (select bottom), and had the opportunity to win with an ESC?

Edited by lu_alum

David Taylor is the guy at the Magic: The Gathering table who knows every card and can tell you the damage done by a Hippogriff compared to a Thrull. 
By the way, tomorrow I file a multi-billion dollar antitrust lawsuit against Penn State. They got the venue, a suspiciously large number of the participants, one of the announcers, Wrestleknownothing providing play-by-play here, and they promoted their venue for Olympic Team Trial during the match. I almost miss Iowa. What happened to them anyway?

Whoa an Mtg reference. Just when I thought I’d read everything these forums had to offer.
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, de4856 said:

So, I know that this is a college thread, but looking forward to perhaps this summer or to 2025, I have thought for a while that Aaron Brooks would be the heir apparent to 86 Kg., once David Taylor hangs it up, but I have to wonder if Brooks will make a run at 92 Kg.
Also Kerkvliet looked better than I’ve ever seen him, so I have to wonder how much of a threat he is to make the team at 125 kg., as well as winning the NCAA title this year. I don’t know if Mason Parris is taking a redshirt or if the rumor about Gable coming back is true or not. 

If Hendrickson was anything close to 100% in that match then Kerk looks like a gold medal threat. Mason was right there with Petrashvili and Wyatt-Mason was a very close match.

• Fire 1

If Hendrickson was anything close to 100% in that match then Kerk looks like a gold medal threat. Mason was right there with Petrashvili and Wyatt-Mason was a very close match.

Wyatt looked a bit hurt, but Kerk’s foot speed looked much improved. Like, a lot faster than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Question about the SV period in the 133 match.

Latona tweaks his knee and takes time to walk it off.  Not sure why there was no injury time?  At about the 10:40 mark, it briefly looked like McGonagle was expecting to have choice. 

If there had been Injury Time (in SV), would McGonagle have been given choice (select bottom), and had the opportunity to win with an ESC?

Apparently they called potentially dangerous and Latona didn't ask for time.

The transcript on Arena (go to the "bracket" for 133 and click on the bout number) does show an injury timeout. They wouldn't have started the clock without medical personnel showing up.
McGonagle did look confused.
PERIOD 1        
1:30    Takedown    3            
1    Escape    0:58
Bottom    
PERIOD 2        
2:00    Caution Warning                
1    Escape    1:36
Bottom                
PERIOD 3        
2:00    Escape    1            
3    Takedown    1:02
0:52    Escape    1            
PERIOD 4        
Injury Time    0:24
Bottom                
PERIOD 5        
Stall Warning    0:12
Reversal    2            
Neutral    
PERIOD 6        
0:12    Stall Warning                
Caution Warning    

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

Wyatt was fine,  said so himself.  Was running football routes during practice the day before.

So the obvious limp and entire leg being taped up was nothing?

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

50 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I watched it yesterday.

He is limping several times in there.  At the very least he is 'stiff legging' it.

You understand men of his athletic pedigree can do a lot with little to no ligaments, right?

You also understand that the guy who beat him has NO ACL in at least one of his knees too, right?

The difference between the two is Hendrickson's injury is recent.  Someone said it was the finals of U23s, but I believe it was the quarters.

Also, Hendrickson isn't going to be the guy that makes any excuses.  That isn't his shtick.

Also, also - Kerk looked so fckn fast.  HFS.  Taylor had said something about him being 240-245 last year?  He weighed in at 256(253?) at B1Gs.  If he is lighter than 240-245 then the entire damn planet needs to be on notice, because he didn't lack any power there.

• Fire 2

Does Lewis consider a different weight class?  Is that something the coaching staff would consider if Lewis came to them about it?

How does Lewis fare against the onslaught that is 184?  Could he go 165?

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Does Lewis consider a different weight class?  Is that something the coaching staff would consider if Lewis came to them about it?

How does Lewis fare against the onslaught that is 184?  Could he go 165?

He (and SuperStarOcci) looked bigger than the 184s so I can't see Lewis going down.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I watched it yesterday.

He is limping several times in there.  At the very least he is 'stiff legging' it.

You understand men of his athletic pedigree can do a lot with little to no ligaments, right?

You also understand that the guy who beat him has NO ACL in at least one of his knees too, right?

The difference between the two is Hendrickson's injury is recent.  Someone said it was the finals of U23s, but I believe it was the quarters.

Also, Hendrickson isn't going to be the guy that makes any excuses.  That isn't his shtick.

Also, also - Kerk looked so fckn fast.  HFS.  Taylor had said something about him being 240-245 last year?  He weighed in at 256(253?) at B1Gs.  If he is lighter than 240-245 then the entire damn planet needs to be on notice, because he didn't lack any power there.

@1032004 I must apologize for the tone there.  I wasn't trying to appear aggressive or condescending even though it looks like I was.

30 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Here is something a lot of people are acknowledging and I already said the same myself: David Taylor is an excellent commentator.  He may actually be the best out there at the moment 

He may be, but keep in mind he had the inside scoop on a large number of yesterday's competitors.  I wonder how he would do at the Cy-Hawk for instance?  We will find out with JB this weekend!

38 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

@1032004 I must apologize for the tone there.  I wasn't trying to appear aggressive or condescending even though it looks like I was.

Lol no worries.  I honestly have no idea how injured he is, but I wouldn’t think he would be playing football, or even do the match at all, if it was serious.  But of course even a minor injury could make a big difference against someone like Kerk.

• Fire 1