• Playwire Ad Area

Starocci is coming back for his 4th and FINAL year

Jimmy Cinnabon

14 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

explain.

how would winning not be greater than winning 4? 

how would being the first (and only) to ever accomplish something be 'overrated' or subjugated. 

Endless possibilities with NIL.... A 5th ....

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If UFC offers him a big contract to do MMA it'll be worth a lot more than the prestige of being the first 5xer.

They aren't going to offer him a big contract. Nickal didn't get a big contract and certainly isn't very active because he wanted to go hunting instead of his job with a finite shelf life. What about that would tell Dana White "ya know, I bet this Starocci guy, who is significantly less dominant, would be a sure-fire bet." Unless by big contract you mean their future champions extension option in the standard contract which is like an NFL contract and means absolutely diddley squat because no one is champ after 40 months/8 fights.

Try harder next time.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

basch is stupider than JC. Less mean spirited

I think Basch is probably smarter, both generally and professionally, than all but probably a handful or two of the people that grace these forums.

If you honestly think he is mean then you need to grow some skin...

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, Alces Alces Gigas said:

If there are 5 beers on the bar and I already drank 3 and I tell the bar keep ill be back to drink my 4th and final beer What does that mean?     Is that #4 and #5? Or #4 and I'm going home? 

That tracks. His 4th...and his final...his 5th!

I like how Jimmy acts like this is Gospel! He said he was going to get 5 not long ago, the first to do it. So...this is just what he's saying NOW. Lets wait and see what he says or does in another year. 

2 hours ago, Alces Alces Gigas said:

If there are 5 beers on the bar and I already drank 3 and I tell the bar keep ill be back to drink my 4th and final beer What does that mean?     Is that #4 and #5? Or #4 and I'm going home? 

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

When you've blown Wkn's mind its saying something.  Well done!  

17 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

They aren't going to offer him a big contract. Nickal didn't get a big contract and certainly isn't very active because he wanted to go hunting instead of his job with a finite shelf life. What about that would tell Dana White "ya know, I bet this Starocci guy, who is significantly less dominant, would be a sure-fire bet." Unless by big contract you mean their future champions extension option in the standard contract which is like an NFL contract and means absolutely diddley squat because no one is champ after 40 months/8 fights.

Try harder next time.

Nickal's wife is quite pregnant and Nickal has been fairly active. 

I think both played into this current inactivity.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He's a professional athlete that can do whatever he decides and I support that, but my point about Starocci was just solidified further. Dana White is a scumbag POS and he does not care whatsoever about his roster, only if his gladiators are available to put on a show and line his pockets deeper.

His counterpoint would be succinct and would land something like this, again because he is a terrible human being.

"I didn't realize his wife being pregnant has literally anything to do with going to work and doing his job? If she's due Dec 1 what's stopping him from taking on a Nov 1 card? His last fight was July and they are typically 8-12 weeks apart which means his most recent bout should have been this month tracking back from July 8th against Woodburn."

30 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He also got injured recently did he not?

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He also got injured recently did he not?

I think that is what delayed his last fight.  As far as now, I think he is ok.  However, he also talked about feeling like he has been in training camp almost non-stop for a couple years and he wanted to step back a little.  I think he wants to work on refining some skills without the pressure of "a fight coming up in 8 weeks."  I don't think athletes get a lot more skilled in camps.  They get in better shape and they lose weight.

• Fire 2

IMO, Hyping winning a 5th title is a little disingenuous.  He just career just happen to fall during an unprecedented event in NCAA history. Does anyone think any of the pervious 4Xer wouldn't have won their 5th title had they magically been granted a 5th year after winning #4?

• Fire 3

17 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think Basch is probably smarter, both generally and professionally, than all but probably a handful or two of the people that grace these forums.

If you honestly think he is mean then you need to grow some skin...

i said JC is mean spirited. 

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Jim L said:

IMO, Hyping winning a 5th title is a little disingenuous.  He just career just happen to fall during an unprecedented event in NCAA history. Does anyone think any of the pervious 4Xer wouldn't have won their 5th title had they magically been granted a 5th year after winning #4?

Doesn't matter, mate.  None were 'granted' a fifth year.  Stalrocci was.

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He must be doing ok with his businesses outside of MMA... because apparently to satisfy the masses, he needs to be on every fight card?

I don't know him but I hope he is! I'm only talking about Dana White and the claim from our local baker that Starocci would make bank day zero doing MMA.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

If Starocci wins a 4th this year and doesn't come back for a 5th i'll give up pizza for an entire year. 

the way he rolls he'll probably win 4 declare everyone else a bum and claim the fifth without wrestling.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On 10/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, Husker_Du said:

explain.

how would winning not be greater than winning 4? 

how would being the first (and only) to ever accomplish something be 'overrated' or subjugated. 

Only a small handful of wrestlers had a chance to win 5 because the free year because of covid. So yes getting the 5th wouldn't be  anything special . He knows it .

• Fire 2