• Playwire Ad Area

Gambling reinstatements delayed

Wrestleknownothing

Per The Athletic:

The NCAA Division I Council Coordination Committee tabled a decision Wednesday to reinstate suspended athletes who engaged in sports wagering. Here’s what you need to know:

The committee delayed its vote on proposals for changes to the reinstatement guidelines for two weeks at the request of the Conference Commissioners Association Executive Committee.

Jon Steinbrecher, chair of the coordination committee and commissioner at the Mid-American Conference, said in a statement that the CCA executive committee sought more time for “membership feedback on the proposed adjustment.”

“The council agreed with commissioners earlier this month that the penalties for wagering violations in limited circumstances should be adjusted and the respective committees moved quickly to recommend possible changes,” Steinbrecher added.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

They followed the rules and made the decision.

If they want to change the rules going forward, no problem.

Those suspended or kicked out knew the rules and broke them. Let them live with it.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

27 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

They followed the rules and made the decision.

If they want to change the rules going forward, no problem.

Those suspended or kicked out knew the rules and broke them. Let them live with it.

No, they did not make the decision. That is the whole point of the post.

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

No, they did not make the decision. That is the whole point of the post.

The NCAA made the decision to toss them out based on the rules in place at the time.

Now the NCAA is considering changing the rules.

Those suspended or kicked out should still be so. Going forward, new rules mean new cosequences. Not retroactive changes.

The athletes are young adults and learning there are real world concerns for their activities is part of growing up.

While they play on the mats, fields and such many are getting shot, blown up and killed as part of their jobs. Young men and women in the military do the job, face strict rules all the time.

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

7 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

The NCAA made the decision to toss them out based on the rules in place at the time.

Those suspended or kicked out should still be so. Going forward, new rules mean new cosequences. Not retroactive changes.

The athletes are young adults and learning there are real world concerns for their activities is part of growing up.

While they play on the mats, fields and such many are getting shot, blown up and killed as part of their jobs. Young men and women in the military do the job, face strict rules all the time.

And why, pray tell, would the NCAA, an organization that has a history of overly harsh punishments, all of a sudden changed their minds?

Because they know what I know, but you seem to struggle with, that their punishment does not fit the crime. And their punishments have not fit their crimes because they have not been about justice. They have been all about protecting their monopoly and its large pay days. If that meant sacraficing athletes at the altar of profits, so be it.

But now that they are being forced by Congress and the courts to justify their actions on many fronts, all of a sudden they are thinking about fairness.

Since they cannot justify the punishment, they are changing the punishment. I don't get why people don't get this.

• Fire 1

The rules as they are written at any given point in time should always be questioned, and if they don't make sense, we should vote and encourage them to change.  If there are obstacles to those changes, we should encourage people to break those laws in any way they can get away with.  That's my view anyway and how I have always behaved.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

The rules as they are written at any given point in time should always be questioned, and if they don't make sense, we should vote and encourage them to change.  If there are obstacles to those changes, we should encourage people to break those laws in any way they can get away with.  That's my view anyway and how I have always behaved.  

How long were you in for? 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I suppose someone in a Michifan prison for having 14 grams of the devil's lettuce on them should stay there now, too, despite it being perfectly legal now?

Gtfoh with that weak shit, @AgaveMaria.

If you were any dumber you would be called Cinnebutt.

Pot is still an illegal, controlled substance per US Government rules & laws.

No matter that some States are soft on addicts, any  time they want a Fed can nail you for having it. Prosecution may be dropped later but you will still have an arrest on your record.

These athletes gambled knowing it was not allowed. They earned the punishment.

13 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Pretty sure the Military kicked out a bunch of people for refusing the covid shot. Now they've changed their own rules and are reinstating them..

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

If you were any dumber you would be called Cinnebutt.

Pot is still an illegal, controlled substance per US Government rules & laws.

No matter that some States are soft on addicts, any  time they want a Fed can nail you for having it. Prosecution may be dropped later but you will still have an arrest on your record.

These athletes gambled knowing it was not allowed. They earned the punishment.

While I agree with the first line, the rest of your nonsense is... nonsense.  Keep grasping at stupid shit and people are going to call you stupid.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

Pretty sure the Military kicked out a bunch of people for refusing the covid shot. Now they've changed their own rules and are reinstating them..

Rightfully so. The military men and women are generally younger and in phenomenal shape. They were at the lowest risk of just about every group. I hope they all get reinstated with full pay.

• Fire 2