• Playwire Ad Area

Stanford Lineup 2023-24

nhs67

Greetings Gents,

A few thoughts... basically I want to see the LaJoie brothers succeed and I would like to see Derracott up at 174 for them.  What are other folk's thoughts here?

Provo is obviously the guy here, I think I don't know that Joyce will challenge him this year, but next year... maybe?

I think these gents are going to dog it out until P12s... DiSario and LaJoie... how must LaJoie feel right now?  Followed his coach only to be left by him again?  He might just be staying for his brother at this point, though.

I would love to see Chayse LaJoie get in on some action here.  It is likely Miranda's to lose, though.

149/157

No questions here... Abas and Cardenas are the guys here.

I imagine Garvin will hold this spot.  I don't see Derracott beating him out.

It looks like Luke Duthie is making the drop from 184.  He hasn't seen the mat in two years, though.  I think Derracott should make the double bump, here.  It is his best shot at the lineup right now.

Darrah had an up and down season last year at 184 during redshirt, but is primed... just like Garvin... to step in for the Cardinals.

197/285

Stemmet/Ming have these two spots lined up.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I think these gents are going to dog it out until P12s... DiSario and LaJoie... how must LaJoie feel right now?  Followed his coach only to be left by him again?  He might just be staying for his brother at this point, though.

My sense is that LaJoie is happy to be getting a grad degree at Stanford, not that he isn't also happy to be in Palo Alto with Chayse. Getting grad transfers into Stanford isn't easy but I've heard that he actually had the academic profile for it.

I'm curious to see how the people Koll took west do. If I recall, Cardenas, Duthie, Darrah and Yung LaJoie were all once ticketed for Ithaca. And maybe Provo? I thought some might leave for UNC but apparently not; I'd probably stay at Stanford too, especially after they brought in Ayres.

Edited by ugarles
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ugarles said:

My sense is that LaJoie is happy to be getting a grad degree at Stanford, not that he isn't also happy to be in Palo Alto with Chayse. Getting grad transfers into Stanford isn't easy but I've heard that he actually had the academic profile for it.

I'm curious to see how the people Koll took west do. If I recall, Cardenas, Duthie, Darrah and Yung LaJoie were all once ticketed for Ithaca. And maybe Provo? I thought some might leave for UNC but apparently not; I'd probably stay at Stanford too, especially after they brought in Ayres.

I think timing has a lot to do with why some didn't leave.  They're already in their studies.  If (when) any do leave I would expect it to be after this season.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 minutes ago, ugarles said:

Dom graduated from the College of Engineering at Cornell, so he had the chops to get into Stanford grad school.

Provo was a Cornell commit, as well.  At the time they all switched, none really had much of a chance to break into Cornell's lineup.  In retrospect, Cardenas would have, but now would have to beat Shapiro for the 157 spot. 

(edit)

Wrestlestat has Cornell winning a dual against Stanford  34-3, with only Abas beating Handlovic.

Each and every one of them made a great choice to go to Stanford, with Koll's help.  Stanford first, Koll, second.  No comment about the women at Stanford or Cornell from me.

Edited by BigRedFan

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Greetings Gents,

A few thoughts... basically I want to see the LaJoie brothers succeed and I would like to see Derracott up at 174 for them.  What are other folk's thoughts here?

Provo is obviously the guy here, I think I don't know that Joyce will challenge him this year, but next year... maybe?

I would love to see Chayse LaJoie get in on some action here.  It is likely Miranda's to lose, though.

149/157

No questions here... Abas and Cardenas are the guys here.

I imagine Garvin will hold this spot.  I don't see Derracott beating him out.

It looks like Luke Duthie is making the drop from 184.  He hasn't seen the mat in two years, though.  I think Derracott should make the double bump, here.  It is his best shot at the lineup right now.

Darrah had an up and down season last year at 184 during redshirt, but is primed... just like Garvin... to step in for the Cardinals.

197/285

Stemmet/Ming have these two spots lined up.

Provo improved a ton over last season - I think he is the guy there. Miranda should be the guy at141. The kid is tough on top.  I agree that Garvin is the guy at 165. Byers had a pretty good freshman campaign, but I think he redshirts. I could see him making the bump up to 197 in 2024-25. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• 2 weeks later...