• Playwire Ad Area

Why isn't Flo fanboying Meyer Shapiro to an embarassing extent?

Hammerlock3

This is a real prospect, and Flo is oddly unwilling to spam repetiive cotent about how he's the 2nd coming. Its almost as if they have decided to make real content with insights into the sport as opposed to just trying to cash in on cheap hype.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Thought they shifted off of pushing true frosh hard a few years back?  Like... and oath sort if thing or something.

It has come on FRL and they have talked about it there.  It just isn't in an article ir an 'official' sort of manner.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

This is a real prospect, and Flo is oddly unwilling to spam repetiive cotent about how he's the 2nd coming. Its almost as if they have decided to make real content with insights into the sport as opposed to just trying to cash in on cheap hype.

Probably because the world champ at 74kg might very well be in the same weight class, 157, and I know who I’d take in that match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Stalling 1

46 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Probably because the world champ at 74kg might very well be in the same weight class, 157, and I know who I’d take in that match.

Who would you take if Meyer were wearing a PSU singlet?

• Haha 1

The guy who teched every opponent he faced at a heavier weight.

Seriously. If Messenbrink can make 157 and not lose a step, not only is winning 74kg that much more impressive but it makes him that much more likely to win 157.

That said, I’d prefer he take an OLY RS.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

https://fb.watch/nNF2-RwbFV/ (learn how it is pronounced!)

https://fb.watch/nNFFtxllLz/

22 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Seriously. If Messenbrink can make 157 and not lose a step, not only is winning 74kg that much more impressive but it makes him that much more likely to win 157.

I’m just giving you a hard time. Mesenbrink has a lot of promise. His freestyle accolades have been very impressive. 

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Dang, Sidakov is gonna wrestle in the NCAA this year???

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

LOL this absurd.  I read this and asked myself "wait... Sidakov is wrestling 157 in NCAA this year?"

Yeah.  That was a stupid take by Le Duke.  Hardcore bias there.

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

You don’t think weight classes matter?

You said World Champion not U20 World Champion.  There is a clear and distinct difference there.  You don't think there is?

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Imagine the hellfire LeDuke would bring down upon someone who suggested that Rakhim Magamadov was the world champ at 86 kg!

Per their logix, he is.

You said World Champion not U20 World Champion.  There is a clear and distinct difference there.  You don't think there is?

We’re talking about Meyer Shapiro and Mitchell Messenbrink.

Do people discussing them NOT know that they are U20 world champions? Like versus like.

Also, given that I said “teched his way through”, it was pretty clear I wasn’t talking about Sidakov. Who had several close, non-technical superiority wins.

Just now, Le duke said:

We’re talking about Meyer Shapiro and Mitchell Messenbrink.

Do people discussing them NOT know that they are U20 world champions? Like versus like.

Also, given that I said “teched his way through”, it was pretty clear I wasn’t talking about Sidakov. Who had several close, non-technical superiority wins.

Apparently for several people it was quite preposterous and unclear.

I understand your case.  It is still wrong.  You can't have your apples, choose the pie, then when everyone cuts up their apples of choice go and say "OH BTW ONLY RED DELICIOUS CAN BE USED FOR THIS APPLE PIE RECIPE."  You have to include that sort of information, lest you be shat on - which happened... you were shat on.

10 hours ago, Gus said:

Interesting to note.  When Messenbrink defeated Levi Haines, LeDuke insisted it was luck.  Haines was tired from the tournament and Messenbrink's skills wouldn't translate to folkstyle.  In fact, he only won because he scored in freestyle positions.  A claim was made that Messenbrink would never perform as well or better than Haines throughout their college careers.  This was a claim that even TBar wouldn't agree to.

Now that he is a Nit, he's the next four-timer.

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:
2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Interesting to note.  When Messenbrink defeated Levi Haines, LeDuke insisted it was luck.  Haines was tired from the tournament and Messenbrink's skills wouldn't translate to folkstyle.  In fact, he only won because he scored in freestyle positions.  A claim was made that Messenbrink would never perform as well or better than Haines throughout their college careers.  This was a claim that even TBar wouldn't agree to.

Now that he is a Nit, he's the next four-timer.

Pardon me for believing that there is a difference in the coaching abilities of Casey Cunningham and the Cal Baptist staff.

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Nothing about "teching" in the original post that most reacted to... next!

Are you blind? See bolded text. Please note that that was posted ~10 hours ago, and I don't have the ability to time travel at this juncture. 

Edited by Le duke