• Playwire Ad Area

Weight Certification

stealyphil223

Always interesting to me this time of year, if you go into trackwrestling you can see rosters and what weight they were eligible at when they certified. Looks like Iowa State was making their guys make their weight class.  Cobe Sebreicht definitely doesn't look like he will be going down to 149.   

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, stealyphil223 said:

Always interesting to me this time of year, if you go into trackwrestling you can see rosters and what weight they were eligible at when they certified. Looks like Iowa State was making their guys make their weight class.  Cobe Sebreicht definitely doesn't look like he will be going down to 149.   

Per Iowa fans, the middle Ferrari will be going down to 149 and immediately be a title threat.

I wish I was kidding.

• Haha 1

WOWZA! If that's the same Sammy Alvarez who was at Rutgahs as a 133 pounder at one time,  how the heck do you go up thirty pounds in just a couple of years!?

I'm sure they're are others,  but I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone who went four weight classes in mere years. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

18 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Alvarez was clearly cutting too much weight at Rutgers but...  yeah. Looks like he's discovered Massey's Pizza.

I knew and had heard the first part,  and why he moved to 141 at Rutgahs.

Lol on your second sentence. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

WOWZA! If that's the same Sammy Alvarez who was at Rutgahs as a 133 pounder at one time,  how the heck do you go up thirty pounds in just a couple of years!?

I'm sure they're are others,  but I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone who went four weight classes in mere years. 

Listing at 165 means he weighed between 157.1 and 165.0.  This may have been weeks ago.

He has been 65 KG for a bit now, so I don't think it's too bad.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Also of note for Michigan:  Ragusin weighed between 133.1-141.0 while Cannon was 141.1-149.0.

Not sure who goes where for them at this point.

Also, also of note:  Lemley, Gilcher, and Mayora all were 149.1-157.0.  Unless Gomez does show up I expect whoever is better to get the nod.  Homerisms say Gilcher, however I would not be suroprised if it were Lemley.

Screenshot_20231017_214032_Chrome.jpg

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Also of note for Michigan:  Ragusin weighed between 133.1-141.0 while Cannon was 141.1-149.0.

Not sure who goes where for them at this point.

Also, also of note:  Lemley, Gilcher, and Mayora all were 149.1-157.0.  Unless Gomez does show up I expect whoever is better to get the nod.  Homerisms say Gilcher, however I would not be suroprised if it were Lemley.

Screenshot_20231017_214032_Chrome.jpg

Ragusin always seemed to be longer than Cannon, but people hold weight differently so who knows