• Playwire Ad Area

The more he's indicted, the stronger this former wrestler's political polling performance becomes...

10 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

"Educate yourself. " Rasta wrestling when holding to an incorrect statement. 

Sounds like a new signature for me,  eh, friends?

That’s an awful lot of quoting the same post. 

But….sorry, he wasn’t convicted of anything. He was found liable for defamation. In order to decide on defamation, they had to decide if they believe he assaulted her. Which, they did. There was no conviction on the table. Sorry. 

So yeah, educate yourself,  in a civil trail, there are no convictions. he wasn’t convicted of sexual assault.  As much as it pains me to ‘defend’ his terms, they are accurate. You are not. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

That’s an awful lot of quoting the same post. 

But….sorry, he wasn’t convicted of anything. He was found liable for defamation. In order to decide on defamation, they had to decide if they believe he assaulted her. Which, they did. There was no conviction on the table. Sorry. 

So yeah, educate yourself,  in a civil trail, there are no convictions. he wasn’t convicted of sexual assault.  As much as it pains me to ‘defend’ his terms, they are accurate. You are not. 

As I said before,  I'm not an attorney,  and nor do I play one in the classroom or on the internet,  so legalese isn't my schtick, nor do I want it to be. 

However,  my friends on here are more interested in how you changed your tune.  You were arguing that he was on found guilty/ convicted/liable for defamation ONLY. I said it was for sexual abuse,  which was correct.  You insisted ONLY defamation.

Why the change in tune?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

9 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

I never meant to convey an agreement with that assertion about his being found guilty (instead of liable) of a sex crime (instead of a legal standard that isn't criminal in nature).    

All I know is that he was found guilty/liable/ convicted of a sex crime. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

17 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

He was just recently convicted of sexual abuse,  to which his parrots laughed at during a CNN townhall. 

17 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I am no fan of trump, that’s been well documented here.  But….wrong.  He did not face a criminal charge of sexual assault to be convicted. 

To answer your question above, as I said from the very start, he was not convicted of any criminal charge. He lost a defamation lawsuit, from in which, the jury had found there was an assault. 

The differences are pretty significant. In this case he lost five million dollars. If it were a criminal case, he would have been found guilty, as you initially stated, he would be in jail, and permanently have a sexual assault conviction on his record. 

The differences between a civil trial and a criminal trial are readily available in many a many a book. Read one. 

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To answer your question above, as I said from the very start, he was not convicted of any criminal charge. He lost a defamation lawsuit, from in which, the jury had found there was an assault. 

The differences are pretty significant. In this case he lost five million dollars. If it were a criminal case, he would have been found guilty, as you initially stated, he would be in jail, and permanently have a sexual assault conviction on his record. 

The differences between a civil trial and a criminal trial are readily available in many a many a book. Read one. 

I KNOW criminal versus civil.  In fact,  I was just teaching that this week in my classes! That part is good. 

However,  my friends on here are still wondering why yis changed yis tune when I showed you the article.  It was ONLY defamation and no charge/conviction/liable/found guilty of sexual abuse,  which is what I initially said.  You did not,  until it was shown to you. 

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

I KNOW criminal versus civil.  In fact,  I was just teaching that this week in my classes! That part is good. 

However,  my friends on here are still wondering why yis changed yis tune when I showed you the article.  It was ONLY defamation and no charge/conviction/liable/found guilty of sexual abuse,  which is what I initially said.  You did not,  until it was shown to you. 

What tune did I change? I stated he was not convicted of a crime. He was not. I said he lost a lawsuit of defamation. He did. 

I never said there was never any finding of assault. 

All that attention grabbing hours of posting the same quote last night is really seeming like a waste of time now  isn’t it?  

Im finished with you for now. Enjoy the games. 

11 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

What tune did I change? I stated he was not convicted of a crime. He was not. I said he lost a lawsuit of defamation. He did. 

I never said there was never any finding of assault. 

All that attention grabbing hours of posting the same quote last night is really seeming like a waste of time now  isn’t it?  

Im finished with you for now. Enjoy the games. 

False. I just read through all of it. Early on I even showed that I knew that it was a civil case,  so that's not the issue. 

When I asked you directly if he was found guilty of sexual abuse you directly replied,  "no, it was defamation."

In fact,  he was guilty/liable/ convicted/whatever of both.  Your words,  which my friends can see above,  show that you didn't start saying sexual abuse until it was pernted out to you. 

"Educate yourself. "-Rasta Wrestling and Underground Meat Sales

Edited by Ban Basketball

It’s obvious to everybody that he was found guilty of being rich, and nothing else.  She claimed rape and the jury found against her claim.  They thought she was lying.  She claimed assault and that includes things like a pat on the buttock.  They, by a preponderance and less than unanimously, found that “it could have happened.”  He called her nuts and a liar and the jury found that he had more money than she did and that wasn’t fair, even if she was a lying nut job.  So they awarded her money.  The law may be complicated but understanding this case isn’t. 

• Fire 2

15 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

It’s obvious to everybody that he was found guilty of being rich, and nothing else.  The law may be complicated but understanding this case isn’t. 

I'll let my friends on here revel in this irony. 

Asked, “How likely are you to vote for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election?” 30% of Democrats said “very” or “somewhat likely.” Some 50% of black people agreed, as did 80% of Republicans.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fnews%2Fwashington-secrets%2Ftrump-wins-generic-vote-big-30-democrats-back-him

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

This is where you lost Ban the Deuce.  

Hey,  Deuce,  as I always offer,  feel free to pernt out where I'm wrong. 

Funny how no one does that,  eh, friends?

10 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Asked, “How likely are you to vote for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election?” 30% of Democrats said “very” or “somewhat likely.” Some 50% of black people agreed, as did 80% of Republicans.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fnews%2Fwashington-secrets%2Ftrump-wins-generic-vote-big-30-democrats-back-him

Rasmussen, eh? There's a go-to for some science. 

I can assure you that real numbers look nothing like that. 

50% of Blacks. Aha, right!

3 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

False. I just read through all of it. Early on I even showed that I knew that it was a civil case,  so that's not the issue. 

When I asked you directly if he was found guilty of sexual abuse you directly replied,  "no, it was defamation."

In fact,  he was guilty/liable/ convicted/whatever of both.  Your words,  which my friends can see above,  show that you didn't start saying sexual abuse until it was pernted out to you. 

"Educate yourself. "-Rasta Wrestling and Underground Meat Sales

‘For now’ is here, and this is my last post with you on this topic:

IMG_8870.thumb.jpeg.4341d9feaf5d8814c45730568c308e1b.jpeg

A free small piece of advice. Try to read a little bit more. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

‘For now’ is here, and this is my last post with you on this topic:

IMG_8870.thumb.jpeg.4341d9feaf5d8814c45730568c308e1b.jpeg

A free small piece of advice. Try to read a little bit more. 

No,  you changed your tune.  Go read for yisself.  It's just a few posts up. See where I asked you directly.  You said no. 

As I pernted out earlier today,  when I asked you directly if he was found guilty of sexual abuse you directly replied,  "no, it was defamation" and you then mentioned NOTHING of sexual abuse.  Why wouldn't you have said,  "yes, but it was both. "?

Then,  when I slap egg on your face,  suddenly you're talking that it was defamation and sexual abuse. That is, in fact,  correct. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

For good measure.  See? Liable/guilty/convicted/it doesn't matter of sexual abuse. 

https://apnews.com/article/trump-rape-carroll-trial-fe68259a4b98bb3947d42af9ec83d7db

The Marx brothers' quote rears its head here everyday.  "Who are you going to believe? Me or your own eyes?"

Edited by Ban Basketball

7 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

The Marx brothers' quote rears its head here everyday.  "Who are you going to believe? Me or your own eyes?"

That is a funny quote.   I'd not seen that before.   Thanks for it, Ban.   

BTW, Groucho Marx reportedly said time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.   

On that note, good night to all.  🙂

• Haha 1

The challenges keep mounting for Trump:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/sidney-powell-plea-deal-guilty-georgia-election-interference-trial-trump

The attorney also agreed to testify against the co-defendants and to avoid any contact with the 17 others who remain as part of the indictment. She will also provide all documents requested to the Fulton County District Attorney. She will also need to write an apology

The acceptance of a plea deal is a remarkable about-face for a lawyer who, perhaps more than anyone else, strenuously pushed baseless conspiracy theories about a stolen election in the face of extensive evidence to the contrary. If prosecutors compel her to testify, she could provide insight on a news conference she participated in on behalf of Trump and his campaign shortly after the election and on a White House meeting she attended in mid-December of that year during which strategies and theories to influence the outcome of the election were discussed.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge