• Playwire Ad Area

Jocko Willink podcast with Bo Nickal

Threadkilla

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Punctuation matters. His statement, as written, had a pretty negative connotation. To me, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hear stories over the years about those calls. And my point was it's usually not the  coaches fans think of as the wild ones who make backhanded comments when recruits make that final call.  For the most part coaches say we appreciate the relationship we built  and good luck .

On 10/13/2023 at 7:43 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Apparently it helps with PSU admissions.

Best part is parents were educators and were cool with the whole situation.

Sounded like he was unsupervised as well. Pretty lame when parents hold their kids back just to be better than other kids, IMO, but not even having the kid repeat the grade and completely withdrawing him from school is wild to me. 

• Fire 2

39 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Sounded like he was unsupervised as well. Pretty lame when parents hold their kids back just to be better than other kids, IMO, but not even having the kid repeat the grade and completely withdrawing him from school is wild to me. 

Didn’t he say it was like a team thing (a not-even school-affiliated football team, IIRC)? The parents wanted a bunch of them to stay back so the team could be really good?

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Didn’t he say it was like a team thing (a not-even school-affiliated football team, IIRC)? The parents wanted a bunch of them to stay back so the team could be really good?

Yes.  And the school said "no" to him because his grades/test scores showed there was ZERO reason to hold him back.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes.  And the school said "no" to him because his grades/test scores showed there was ZERO reason to hold him back.

Was there really an reason to hold back some as good as Bo for wrestling either?

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Can't remember, didn't he say his sister was held back as well or something so they just hung out at home together?

On 10/13/2023 at 10:35 PM, Le duke said:

Punctuation matters. His statement, as written, had a pretty negative connotation. To me, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're an AWL then you already know the joke. If not, the #1 sports podcast has a running bit where one of the podcast members was watching a playoff game and there was a surprising sequence. He meant to tweet the common phrase "Phuckin A!! Man..." Instead he reminded the world that love is love 🫶

i am an idiot on the internet