• Playwire Ad Area

Former Ohio State Wrestlers Warn Jim Jordan Is Not Fit To Be Speaker

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Who’s original thought was “bananas?”

I don't know,  but I've not used it once,  outside of referencing the actual fruit. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

21 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Bananas basketballimage.png.458ed78dfbee6c094616b2dc3f0ab65f.png

All well and good,  but I don't use the term,  ma'am.

However,  and since I started posting over twenty years ago,  I've learned one thing: when people start saying,  "get some help" or invoke "bananas," they are getting their butt handed to them so the ONLY chance at saving face is to question the individual's mental prowess.

I've even had someone on here think that I have dementia!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

8 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

All well and good,  but I don't use the term,  ma'am.

However,  and since I started posting over twenty years ago,  I've learned one thing: when people start saying,  "get some help" or invoke "bananas," they are getting their butt handed to them so the ONLY chance at saving face is to question the individual's mental prowess.

I've even had someone on here think that I have dementia!

I assure you that I believe anyone who says the things you say is either a liar or has gone bananas.  Ban might be short for bananas.  I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Just now, Offthemat said:

I assure you that I believe anyone who says the things you say is either a liar or has gone bananas.  Ban might be short for bananas.  I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

A liar, eh? Well what better way to show me up in front if everyone than prove me wrong on something!?

I make the offer OVER AND OVER again,  yet,  I never get a taker. 

So,  being that I don't lie,  I'm,  therefore, bandanas friends! Perfect white power "logic" there,  eh, friends!?

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

When exactly do you......'teach'?

Four days per week, and,  pssst... we DO have down time.  As opposed to k-12 edgercaturs, we're NOT in the classroom all day,  every day. However,  I am grading at present.  Do it slowly and deliberately,  as trained pros do. 

Perfect example how those who nothing about the edgertashin system need to stay out of it.  Precisely why I don't play an attorney in the classroom or on the internet. 

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Four days per week, and,  pssst... we DO have down time.  As opposed to k-12 edgercaturs, we're NOT in the classroom all day,  every day. However,  I am grading at present.  Do it slowly and deliberately,  as trained pros do. 

Perfect example how those who nothing about the edgertashin system need to stay out of it.  Precisely why I don't play an attorney in the classroom or on the internet. 

I was just curious because when I worked at the college level, I didn't have near the amount of time needed for all of that anonymous banter you like to engage in.  Just kind of suprising to see.  

That was a while back though, times change.   Enjoy your.....ehem....'grading'.

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I was just curious because when I worked at the college level, I didn't have near the amount of time needed for all of that anonymous banter you like to engage in.  Just kind of suprising to see.  

That was a while back though, times change.   Enjoy your.....ehem....'grading'.

Worked or taught at the college level? Big difference. 

In fact,  in many universities some professors only do research,  while others teach only one class.  

I'm more "teaching heavy" myself. 

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Worked or taught at the college level? Big difference. 

In fact,  in many universities some professors only do research,  while others teach only one class.  

I'm more "teaching heavy" myself. 

Teaching was part of my duties. Focus a little more on your job please, I’m concerned for our future as it is. 

Thanks. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Teaching was part of my duties. Focus a little more on your job please, I’m concerned for our future as it is. 

Thanks. 

Oh, ok, boss. I'll be sure to take yis advice,  after 28 years of a very successful career. 

Keep out of what you don't know anything about,  chef.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Oh, ok, boss. I'll be sure to take yis advice,  after 28 years of a very successful career. 

Keep out of what you don't know anything about,  chef.

I found my comment funny too. Thanks!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Anyone who has to tell others how long they have been and how good they are at their job speaks volumes about them.....

I had someone who worked for me that put her degrees in her user name for our internal chat system. XXXXXJDMBA. I thought that was a bad sign. It was a bad sign.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I had someone who worked for me that put her degrees in her user name for our internal chat system. XXXXXJDMBA. I thought that was a bad sign. It was a bad sign.

I used to work with people like that...they would put a bunch of letters after their name in their email signature.  One put a thing on their desk that referred to themselves as "Dr. XXX"...while they were technically PhD's, most of them just had people call them by their first names.  Some of the dumbest smart people I have ever worked with.

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I used to work with people like that...they would put a bunch of letters after their name in their email signature.  One put a thing on their desk that referred to themselves as "Dr. XXX"...while they were technically PhD's, most of them just had people call them by their first names.  Some of the dumbest smart people I have ever worked with.

For whatever its worth, anyone who has a PhD, in anything, I call them Dr.  Big commitment, lot of years, lot of work, and in the vast vast majority of cases, their work is doing some good in the world.

(there's always exceptions for everything)

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

For whatever its worth, anyone who has a PhD, in anything, I call them Dr.  Big commitment, lot of years, lot of work, and in the vast vast majority of cases, their work is doing some good in the world.

(there's always exceptions for everything)

Agree with what you are saying; however, this was much different given the culture of where I worked was not to be so formal.  I often met the new PhD's and called them Dr. so and so, but the majority quickly said just call me so and so.

10 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

He was laughing at you, not with you..

Once again,  the joke was on him,  and inadvertently,  you as well. 

9 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I just find it interesting when someone quotes their own post right after they wrote it.  Kinda like those folks that like their own posts on social media……it says something. 

I believe that this is the fifth time in just mere days,  but the joke's on you as well.

Mes is on a roll,  friends!. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

My name is mspart - MS Engineering!!   Call me Master mspart!!

Essentially there was more intramural flag football, ultimate frisbee, wrestling, innertube water polo to play and officiate to have to go to work.   So I got the Masters while having fun my last year.   It was a great year, both the playing and the research.  

mspart